Cut Maps From Last Season

Cut Maps From Last Season

Postby khxmz » Thu May 22, 2014 10:20 am

Maps worked on but eventually cut:
Deck - part of the original pack of sDOM maps for the clanbase cup
Liandri - has gone through many iterations, latest was humpty expanding on some things I had done
Curse - part of the original pack, Top may need reworked?
ForWhomTheBellTolls - ph34r still has nightmares from playtest pug
Affinity - i like the map but it just didnt flow well during testing

Maps suggested but never worked on:
DM-Phobos
DM-Conveyor
DM-Frantic
DM-Terra
DOM-Grinder

Are any of these worth looking at again to make it in to this season?

I'll upload all the most recent versions from the first list to my in case some of you haven't seen them or they are no longer on any servers.

Edit - looks like all but Affinity and Bellz are on ip1
khxmz

Re: Cut Maps From Last Season

Postby ph34r » Thu May 22, 2014 11:32 am

Curse - great map particularly with khxmz's fixes to make top more accessible, only removed because a few admins hated it. Was one of the most popular maps on clanbase and pugs before it was removed.
Deck - admittedly sucked but I'm very excited to try the new edition that khxmz made as I believe it addresses every problem in the map. Has the potential to actually surpass campgrounds in popularity with playtesting and maybe slightly more tweaking
Liandri - Has potential but in its current state it plays way too much like iDOM
FWTBT - I dont even want to talk about this map.
Affinity - I dont remember this map at all so cant comment

Ive been clamoring for a DOM-Conveyor but everytime I bring it up I get told it's too big. Flows beautifully in 4v4 TDM so I'm gonna have to disagree entirely. Would love to see a testable version of this map
(122202:123602:1216) (HU) ya pixie (122202:123602:1218) (HU) i love that (122202:123602:1222) (HU) mmmmmmmm (122202:123602:1226) (HU) MMMMMMMMMMmmm Image
ph34r

Postby HuMPtY » Thu May 22, 2014 12:01 pm

phobos and grinder seem like good shouts .. both worth an attempt imo
HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby Einheit » Thu May 22, 2014 6:53 pm

I'm up for DOM-Conveyor!
If someone helps me, there could be a playable version within a week.

edit:
There is already a DOM-Conveyor version. You can find it . I think that should be the base for further modifications.
Einheit

Postby ulo » Fri May 23, 2014 10:51 am

Deck - I am still not sure this can work, still feels way to open. Haven't played it yet but that's the feeling I got. Will have to try it before I say more.
Liandri - Don't think this has the layout to work as a dom map
Curse - Think it works well and only needs a few tweaks to be great
ForWhomTheBellTolls - Had a look at it and not sure why ph34r has nightmares. Could be that it was slightly short between the points and it could be very crowded on a few places
Affinity - Liked it when I had a look, not sure how the flow was but would like a try on it to see how it works

DM-Phobos - Made a fair few suggestions in another thread since I think it has a good shot.
DM-Conveyor - Had a look at the DOM version and the DM version. Not sure how to make it into a good flowing working DOM map but I am skeptical. And yes it's because the size to start with!

Don't have those maps so will need to find them somewhere before I can say something about them.
DM-Frantic
DM-Terra
DOM-Grinder
Image Image Image
ulo

Postby HuMPtY » Mon May 26, 2014 6:58 am

mojo might be worth a look?
HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Return to sDOM Maps