Semi Final ph34r vs Rum prediction

4v4 sDOM II

Semi Final ph34r vs Rum prediction

Postby ulo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:16 pm

Where should we start, this team most likely did the best regular season any team will make. Did totally sweep their way through regular games and only lost two maps in the development season. Making it a very hard season to beat. ph34r had an amazing draft where he besides himself who can carry most teams in sDOM managed to grab one of the last seasons bigger stars MP/5. I think the reason he was passed up on was because his availability was unsure since he had not pugged much before the season. After some cunning low picking he also completed a very strong top 3 with Sunny, who most likely also fell low because of the unsure conditions on his availability. He rounded of the draft with sLY. However he did show to have the availability problems most people thought he would have, but being a smart captain ph34r found csnafk as a big steal of the fa list, who have since showed to have great potential and played very well even versus higher salary players.

Ghardhen 333-252
Campgrounds 335-302
Cinder x
Curse][ 350-281
Deck16][ 350-126
Nitro 316-302, 350-285
Olden 350-272
Seraphim 350-235
SlimeTime x
Tempest x
Typhoon 350-229
Peak 350-175

The star of the team and the captain. Has a legendary sense of timing and usually takes a big part of the powerups on any map. Very versatile in his way of playing, he can just as well own a 1 on 1 spot as he can carry the amplifier and control the entire map with it.

Strong on many of the more hard to control points as Peak low, Campgrounds Statues. However because many of the points MP/5 is good on also is some of the stronger positions for ph34r he has been playing along with Sunny in the control of the 2 on 2 spots and to get the amp. Which has worked out great for the team since he has showed he not only have good knowledge of the 1 on 1 spots but can also control the 2 on 2 spots with good fragging.

The fragging partner of MP/5 on most maps and the one who makes sure he get to the amplifier. Has done the work needed to make sure his team has control of the 2 on 2 spots. Has also shown on points like Nitro Corner or Curse Hallway that he can keep his own and winning his point by a fair few points.

The complement found on the FA list. Has proven himself to be highly useful and usually keeps it even or even wins his own points on most maps. Has been thrown on the more "easy" to tie points as Typhoon low or Campgrounds Dungeon, but has not disappointed the captain ph34r.

The fact that ph34r and MP/5 is so versatile in their play style and the amount of frags this team brings to the table is the biggest strength of this team. They also have a good knowledge of the entire map list, which makes it very hard to surprise them on any of the maps. The only map they are untested on is SlimeTime, which might be the only weaknes I can find in the map list for this team. Else I am quite sure they have great strategies for the entire list and is well prepared to tackle their opponent on all the other maps.

They picked Deck and Cinder as their Quarter Final maps. I think those are two maps ph34r feels he is not 100% sure on against harder opponents. They are still not bad maps for them as they easily dispatched of reigning champion ulo on them. However I think ph34r has some maps he feels even more secure on. If possible I think the opponent even brings more frag power to the table which I belive makes for the map picks from The Game Plan to be about maps where the amplifier is not as crucial or where ph34r knows his timings are better then the opponent and he can utilize that to get the amplifier for his team instead. I am thinking about maps like Nitro, Gharden, Tempest or Curse. I think those are all strong maps for this team versus this opponent.

Had an impressive regular season and only lost out on first seed to Monk with a point difference, since they tied in the game between them. Part from that the regular season was fantastic with only one map lost. The development season they went 5 wins and 5 losses which is not as impressive. Rummy had a good draft where he snagged the versatile Xenoscythe in first round to complement himself. After some usual salary saving he picked up the frag house blackout\\ as the one to complete a strong top 3. To round his team of he got one of the strong fragging Chileans in Hertz. In doing so he also made sure he had one of the harder fragging teams in the league. They also had Turok in the lineup when the season started who could have been a potential starter, however inactivity did see him return to the FA list.

Ghardhen 322-270
Campgrounds 325-315
Cinder 317-297
Curse][ x
Deck16][ 350-278, 342-319
Nitro 342-298
Olden 349-293, 305-338
Seraphim 332-282, 346-263
SlimeTime x
Tempest 313-297
Typhoon 342-267
Peak 285-292, 332-249

The captain who for quite some time looked to be one of the first to go in the draft, but ended up filling in a captain spot late before the draft. Has during the season shown why the high rank was accurate as he have constantly put up great numbers even versus high skilled opponents. Also did manage a few of the top scores for the entire season in domination points.

Has proved that he can frag in sDOM to. Constantly dropping big frag numbers on all maps he play has made the opponent fear when this guy has the amplifier. May still lack a bit of the powerup control that the major guys does, but none the less has proved he is not to be taken lightly.

The versatile player number 1. Most likely can play any positions Rum throws at him and would do it good. Has been a buddy with blackout\\ to make sure he get the amplifier as well as proven he is no easy task on brute force points like Olden Mid.

Has been on the opposite end of Xenoscythe, if he plays a 1 on 1 spots Hertz joins blackout\\ to boost him to the amplifier. Has done well for being a fourth man, has a great aim but has lacked the domination skills on and off. He needs to be fast back to his point and on top of the powerups he is trusted with.

The raw fragpower and high skilled aim this team has is impressive. They have players who all are well known to have high accuracy. On top of that they have a renewed Xenoscythe who have played sDOM on Clanbase before and done so really well. When the amplifier is on blackout\\ this team can be really hard to get a grip from. Rum will win his point versus almost any opponent with ease and then Hertz only needs to be fast enough back to his point to make sure they win. They also have a wide knowledge of the map list and have been pugging during the season to keep up.

They picked Seraphim and Peak in their Quarter Final game. I think they need to go for strong frag maps where they can team Xenoscythe and blackout\\ up and get blackout\\ the amplifier. With it he should be able to keep the opponent at bay. I belive Cinder will be one of the maps they pick along with one of Campgrounds, Typhoon or maybe even SlimeTime.

I think most people are in the ph34r corner on this one and I have to agree. I think his team has the advantage on a bigger variation of maps. However Rum is not out of possibilities, he can definitely take this one and surprise the community. He needs to be on his A game and tie or beat his opponent while blackout\\ and Xenoscythe wins the amplifier battle. If they can manage that the Animal Planet can takes this game. In the end I am however going to predict a 3-1 in map wins for ph34r.
Image Image Image
ulo

Re: Semi Final ph34r vs Rum prediction

Postby Sunny » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:09 pm

great read man... i was really hoping someone would make some predictions and of course its the person who's running the league that does it! thanks to ulo and the rest of the admins for running the league also thank you for the awesome predictions :!:
Sunny

Postby MP/5 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:41 am

very nice and detailed prediction which made it a lot of fun to read :!:
thanks for the efforts ulo and i hope you are right ;)
MP/5
MP3

Postby csnafk » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:06 pm

great read man, we need more of these!!
csnafk
Barney Gumble

Postby Xenoscythe » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:44 pm

Totally missed this, great read ulo :)

We came very close on 2 maps but the arrival of mp/5s insane fragpower combined with several ph34r amp runs halted us completely. Was a valiant attempt and i thoroughly enjoyed the season, i only wish i'd had more time and put more effort into warming up and practicing! GG's once again.
ImageImage
Xenoscythe

Return to Global.sDOM II