Semi Final Monk vs Rev prediction

4v4 sDOM II

Semi Final Monk vs Rev prediction

Postby ulo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Took the first seed in division 2 with a better net point score then Animal Planet. They only lost one map in the entire regular season which was in the tie versus seed 2. In the development games they had a even score of 5 wins and 5 losses. So a good season behind them and got to play almost all maps also getting really good experience along the way. Monk started out his draft with getting unrealshots. Who everyone knew have a ace aim but his domination experince and skill was unknown. Now we all know his potential and in winning most Godlikes of the season it's clear that he had a great potential and lived up to it. Monk did do a great catch in the first round. Monk then rounded of his team with two more players of great potential in n0b and Banko. Both of them have shown they have great moments, specially the no pugging n0b have beat up some respectable opponents. Banko still needs a bit more polishing to get to his full potential.

Ghardhen x
Campgrounds 350-255
Cinder 297-217
Curse][ 350-252
Deck16][ 349-320, 350-150
Nitro 350-256
Olden 350-272
Seraphim 310-296
SlimeTime 343-266
Tempest 341-269, 329-292
Typhoon x
Peak 292-285, 329-247

The leader and mentor of this team. Has taught his padawans well and also been a leading example through the season. He has been the dominant player he needs to be if he is to win this season. One of the players that can totally dominate a map if he get his hand on the amplifier.

Godlike! That's what unrealshots has seen more times then anyone else during this season. He has proven that he can just as well carry the amplifier as he can dominate hard fought 1 on 1 spots like Campgrounds Statues or Olden Mid. This guy can go toe to toe with just about anyone in this league and even come out on top versus players ranked above him.

Even without doing much pugging n0b always seems to be in shape for some reason. Has been beating some respectable opponents on 1 on 1 spots as well as being a reliable booster for Monk and unrealshots to get the amplifiers during this season. Definitely shown that he is worth every buck of his salary.

The fourth guy to round of this team. Being a good iCTF defensive player he should have the qualities needed to be a good sDOM player. But he has mixed good maps with slightly worse maps. He needs to step up and take on the challenges sent to him and at least tie them up if this team is to win the championship.

Having two guys who are superb with the amplifier is a great thing to have. Many teams even lack one such good guy. Knowing each other well and I also belive their TS should be one of the more calm and one with great communication is a great strength to have. They also have shown they can more or less play really well on a big part of the map list making it hard to find a map they have a weakness on.

Monk decide to go with Seraphim and Tempest in the Quarter Final. If I was Monk I would definitely be thinking about picking Curse after the show they had on it last week and considering it's one of the few maps STAKT has lost, even though it was against regular supreme team Game Plan. I think this team has the same elements on their roster to win Curse. Second map is harder to see a clear cut at, I think they want to find a map where team work is important and Monk has the possibilities to roam with the amplifier causing havoc. Olden and Nitro could be such choices, however Monk might want to save Nitro for a possible final since it's most likely his best map. They might also be thinking about Campgrounds or possible Deck. SlimeTime is another map they have played really well on, but seeing as that also is a possible final map they might save it.

This team most likely had one of the most dramatic seasons and pulled out with great skill in the end from all the drama they had to endure. Only losing one game in the entire regular season and it being to ph34r say they are ready to deal with all opponents. Rev stepped in to take the place of nordog just before the draft, but what a draft he did manage. Pete was let go all the way to him and he didn't hesitate and picked the reigning champion up. He has not disappointed so far, so a wise choice from Rev. In his second pick he took Viperzz^ who during the season has proven his worth versus some great opponents. He also took the biggest steal of the draft in Mike and in the last round completed his draft with picking up Creek. Sadly the reason Creek was left until that late was proven within a few weeks as he got the ban hammer on him. Rev was not struck down by this and has since picked up iMpure to complete his rooster and since he had the steal in Mike he prevailed with a so long good season.

Ghardhen 346-250, 339-250
Campgrounds 350-224
Cinder 326-266
Curse][ 281-350
Deck16][ 350-247
Nitro 302-316, 338-296
Olden 338-306, 350-225
Seraphim x
SlimeTime 296-282
Tempest x
Typhoon x
Peak 341-221

Reigning champion Pete has yet again been put on a team with the possibilities to go all the way. Has proven why it was no coincidence why he won last season. Is the primary amplifier man or plays the though brute force points, for example one of his favourites being Olden mid.

Did good in pugs leading up to the season and has only grown with the season and the company in this team. Can play on the 2 on 2 spots with Pete or do well on one of the 1 on 1 spots depending on map. Has proved he has some good fragging skills that has put him on top of many of his opponents.

Was a late addition to this team after the cheating incident. Has been known to have a toxic attitude which is why some people did not pick him up earlier despite putting up some good numbers in pugs. His skill however is hard to deny, however he does live mainly on good fragging instead of domination skill and awareness of powerups. Which On the other hand makes him perfect for spots like Typhoon Pit, Campgrounds Dungeon or Cinder Corner.

The guy with the wrong salary, has proved why he had wrong salary all season with beating up respectable opponents with ease. One of the best points for him during the season was Gharden Basement. Where he has beaten players like InfamousRaider and Ravonix.

The fact they have a player who is ranked as number 5 on the team being one of the best is the biggest strength of this team. They also have one of the frag heaviest guys on the "tie" points like Typhoon Pit and Campgrounds Dungeon in iMpure, which could make them get points there which in the end could be a winning factor. They also have the best roster to round out in case anyone would be missing since captain Rev can fill the shoes better then any other teams can with their fifth guy.

Rev went with Olden and Deck as his Quarter Final maps. I think this team needs maps where Mike can be used on a 1 on 1 spot versus either Monk or unrealshots and try to tie them up as good as possible and hope that iMpure can win versus Banko with the same amount. If they can manage that they have their top 2 salary players left which should be able to handle their opponents well enough to get the win. Maps where they should be able to do this is Gharden, where Mike has proven he can handle good opponents down low. Specially if he can get aid from mid by Pete. Also I think Cinder and putting Mike or Viperzz^ to play Nook is a good choice. Other possible maps I think are Typhoon and maybe Campgrounds. Not sure they feel as comfortable on either of these maps as they might on say Gharden.

This is a really though one to predict, since they have different strengths. If both teams are wise in their map picks and choice of tactics on their map I think they can both win their own maps. So this is one I could see going to the full 5 maps. Or either team could get a win on one of the opponents maps while winning their own maps. Both fully possible since I think all maps will be close in this match up. Not seeing any big blow outs here. I will in the end predict a 3-2 win for Monk taking the decider map in a very tight game all the way to the finish line.
Image Image Image
ulo

Re: Semi Final Monk vs Rev prediction

Postby Rev » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:29 pm

Nice write up Ulo. Just a heads up, this match has been postponed and will hopefully be played next saturday.
Rev

Postby Monk » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:50 am

We didn't confirm to agree to a reschedule yet, but we will if we can find a date that will work and if the admins agree to it.
Monk
Salty

Postby csnafk » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:10 pm

I agree with a 5 game set. Definitely gonna be a really good match. nice writeup dood
csnafk
Barney Gumble

Return to Global.sDOM II