Season Thoughts

4v4 sDOM II

Season Thoughts

Postby RickJames » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:08 pm

Hey all, first wanted to say that I loved this sdom season and that I'm already looking forward to the next one. Anyways, wanted to give my feedback here.

- I thought the merc system was well done, the best it's been done in any league so far. The limiting of which mercs can be picked up for who was better done than in the last ictf season.

- The world cup ruling was controversial and I can see why. I'm not sure if rules adjusting for sports seasons are good or bad in general, but it was implemented on short notice, was inconsistent with past rulings on the super bowl etc, and wasn't implemented very well. Teams were able to simply force reschedules at the last minute, with no prior notice to their opponents who were prepared well in advance. It was also abused by teams who were missing starters for other reasons, even by teams without a single european starter. I think that such rules should be announced during signups in the future, and players should be held to the availability commitment that they make then.

- As far as maps, I was pretty happy with the list, and I came to like the most recent versions of most maps.
- I felt that deck was the weakest map on the list. All 3 positions are very frag-oriented, and it's so open that there's no risk and a lot of reward for helping other points. There's huge interplay between slime and boxes and it's easy for boxes players to run through lifts or snipe there. Interplay between points isn't a bad thing of course, but I think a risk/reward balance is good to have to prevent such an emphasis on frag power.
- The new cinder is maybe the 2nd weakest. Corner is such a limited spot, and despite the keg boost and stuff that's possible there, I don't think most teams found it necessary to have top guys running through there very often, so it tends to remain a lame point-and-click 1v1 spot. The map is also still very frag oriented in general, and just feels limited and simplistic compared to the other maps to me.

- ph34r's writeups were great, writeups/match reports of any kind are always fun. Perhaps if a website redesign occurs, we can have special sections for them integrated with the match results and potm voting.

- Lots of salary changes to be made in the next sdom season. sdom rankings are always difficult. mike, sponge, hertz, tOmy`, sauron being underrated to give some examples.
RickJames
Kofi Annan

Re: Season Thoughts

Postby ulo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:26 am

Thanks for the input Rj.

I just opened a thread for feedback so your more then welcome to copy paste your thoughts into it:

viewtopic.php?f=109&t=2542
Image Image Image
ulo

Return to Global.sDOM II