LOL

irc.utchat.com #iPug

Re: LOL

Postby vitz^ » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:43 am

dont bother explaining causality to chadwixx, he wasnt on irc and his inteligence is as good as my doormats. His imgs and insults are pretty good though, i mean hilarious and extremely original ... its clear he's just keeping at it just for the sake of continuing and he is doing a good job at it... not.
vitz^

Postby Chadwixx » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:12 pm

Keep boasting about your intelligence while failing basic reading comprehension and simple logic.

That was funny, i havent heard a "not" joke in like 6 years...

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/mi ... sants.html

May wanna edit some of the moons on diamond sword, dont want people to get offended...
Last edited by Chadwixx on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chadwixx

Postby Rum » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:15 pm

Then apparently you've been reading this forums wrong because it's prolly the biggest joke here. :O !

What everyone's telling you is to stop putting your nose in somewhere where it doesn't belong. You know nothing about what goes on outside of these forums. If you actually wanna partake in a conversation that you have some proof with then idle on IRC like everyone else is. But you're too high strung for this community that you can't even idle let alone play the game.

Don't go full retard.
Rum

Postby Sauron » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:23 pm

Sauron
Angus Gump

Postby kud » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:52 pm

kud
Walder Frey

Postby Sonic|^ » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:53 pm

Image.........
Sonic|^

Postby mintek » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:17 pm

All i know is that this auto bot shit in upug needs to be fixed, we cant talk food, we get banned for saying "spice". Auto bots should not be monitoring this kind of shit, turn it off and ban people that actually act and do racists things. All you did is put 3 words into that bot and ban people using it, yet ethnic slur still happens in the channel, you have to be able to view most of it for what it is and monitor it yourself for true issues, which really doesent happen much in this community anyway.
mintek

Postby Carras » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:26 pm

i don't think the racism truely bothers people. Instead, whoever is being "attacked" cries racism ONLY to get that person banned.
it's 2013 people. racism on the internet? who gives a shit. MAYBE if you're 10 years old...
Carras
Maybe Next Time...

Postby Cy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:53 pm

Cy

Postby Sauron » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:59 pm

Sauron
Angus Gump

Postby Sakura » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:38 pm

I would appreciate it if I wasn't attacked for my gender. The only words I type in public IRC is .j ictf , .list ictf, .lva and I get called a slutty whore by sorn? Can't you leave me alone? If I was a male I would not be bothered. I cannot control that I was born a girl.
Sakura

Postby mintek » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:20 am

To be fair sorn is a little fuzzy kitten, he would say that even to me.
mintek

Postby Junkyardboy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:01 am

k
Last edited by Junkyardboy on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Junkyardboy

Postby Junkyardboy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:01 am

Junkyardboy

Postby mintek » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:55 am

I think Sakura issue points out one problem, people that are not yet long term member of this community takes things very, very seriously. While some of us knows many of these players for a decade or more. So we act and talk like we would a friend, sorn calling anyone a slutty whore is literally something he would say to a friend in front of him, just not a stranger lol. Its kind of a mixed bag, some people are too new to know and some of us are too used to that community of friends to not act that way. Many exemple of things we say would not be said to a complete strangers. Calling Sonic a gorilla should be offensive, yet its not for most of us its just like patting a friend on the shoulder and calling him a gorilla. Would i call some stranger a gorilla, not really no. If i call tsm king of the beans, should i get a ban? I dont think hed want me to be banned, he earned the title as the king of mexico. Some of us are just too familiar at this point.

People giving out real hate should definitively be monitored but thats another issue.
mintek

Postby TimTim » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:51 am

tl;dr: Be friendly to people who you don't know very well. This applies to all areas of life. And if you can do it semi-anonymously in a video game, imagine how friendly you'll be elsewhere. I don't mean happy-go-lucky friendly; I just mean being a decent human being. It's good practice.

Think about it. If you're an asinine prick IRL, people won't tolerate you and you'll be kicked the fuck out of wherever you are. The same goes for GU. This little community exists to give people a place to play a fun video game and let off some steam. People don't come here to be harassed or belittled, especially for things completely out of their control. Anyone who thinks harassment or prejudice is okay has no place here. That's how I feel, anyway.
TimTim

Postby InfamousRaider » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:27 am

InfamousRaider

Postby Cy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:24 am

i took my discussion offline with paco and we're both pretty much on the same page -- hard to communicate via forum posts sometimes. however, mintek hit the nail on the head with his post. while a lot of us have been around for the past 10 years and know most of the longer term guys very well, there are still newer players who don't have the same knowledge and understanding of others personalities.
Cy

Postby Carras » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:42 pm

chica, can we get a Most Offensive list?
Carras
Maybe Next Time...

Postby Sakura » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:08 pm

I get it. It doesn't matter if I get picked on for being a woman. It'll just get brushed off. Racism and xenophobia are the only ones that matter here. There are only three girls who play here anyway. I am not new. I have been playing UT since 2006. It would have been better if I was born a boy so I could do the things I enjoy without being made fun of. I'm sorry of myself I was born the wrong gender.

It's called a personality when someone makes fun of me.

I wish I could play UT in peace without anyone making fun of me. I just want to play UT. I don't talk to anyone. I don't know why people like sorn feel a need to taunt me.

My interests in life don't suit the gender that I was born.
Sakura

Postby Chadwixx » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:15 pm

Dfferent rules for different people is a double standard...

As paco said, i broke it down to the kindergarden level and people still dont get it. Thanks for listening to the complaint, im sorry i couldnt make it more basic so people here actually understand the point.

Great post timtim, unfortunately what you say isnt being applied as we saw with in the op, which is the original complaint.
Chadwixx

Postby Hinata » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:50 pm

Rule 30: Players won't be judged equally for breaking the same rule.
Hinata

Postby PACO » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:28 pm

PACO
Horizontally Challenged World Traveller

Postby Chadwixx » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:41 pm

Chadwixx

Postby defnotbuddy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:44 pm

I would like to go on record and state that I think Kylewins is a faggot (is that okay to say? I don't think he's actually gay, and gay isn't a race. I know Kyle said racism equals prejudice but that's actually wrong and Kyle is an idiot so i wanted to clear that up).

One time when Global Unreal was forming I got Kng's log in for prou and I was using it to entertain Byron and Tooly and I told Kyle in PM on irc on accident because I thought he was Kud. Guess what? Kng's account was banned soon after. Coincidence???

I just don't really get it in general.

I'd argue the semantics of the rule but I have more important things to do like jerk off and take a nap.
defnotbuddy

PreviousNext

Return to #iPug