EternalCaves2

irc.utchat.com #iPug

Re: EternalCaves2

Postby whitechocakagod » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:10 am

Humblest of apologies for my late reply. It would seem that paranoia and desperation swept the land. Also JYB, I was quite happy to be option C).

EC2 is a gorgeous map; my favorite map to defend and attack. The problem lies not with spawns, but with the players who are so used to standing middle and shooting me in the back for 30 extra frags on offense. Glorious maps like EC2 and Rainbase (which was removed hohoh) leave me open for less time to be backshot by all you pieces of shit.

This "GU" version did not actually fix spawns, and I always spawn in the back 100% of the time if the flag goes out high, as opposed to the normal 65%. This map doesn't actually make anybody happy, except for a placebo effect for the retards who don't like the map to begin with. EC2 flows very well, regardless of how spawns are set up, and I never feel at a disadvantage on blue or red. Normal EC2 should be put back for the people who actually like the map. It's like making us drink diet Dr. Pepper when all I want is a fucking Dr. Pepper?

A few of the biggest whiners in the community don't like a map? Oh nooooo!!!!! Almost all the maps have problems, depending upon who you ask. I shall list many problems with many maps:

CTF-Bleak][ugn - My god. Defense spawns facing the flag a million in a row, must kill them like 8 times before you can leave the base. Not to mention everybody chases and there's usually a dmer on your side ramp. One of the maps where offense kills offense more than defense, fun times.

CTF-DiamondSword-GUBETA3 - ????????????? Remove maps like Rainbase because too hard to cap, but keep this? Morpheus played 3d after getting the lead on this against me last season, and I now have no desire to ever play this map again. If a team plays lame, this shit's impossible. Rainbase ain't even that bad, should be on list.

CTF-Dreary - Pingrape and nonsense spawns. People rarely pick this map because they have an advantage, it's usually picked because it's a tossup?

CTF-DukuCB6 - NOTHING IS WRONG WITH DUKU!!! IT'S DUKU COME ON!!!!! :PPPPPPP

CTF-GrendelKeep_Fixed - VS good defenders it's a fucking nightmare to cap. Spawned on 1000 times and easy to cut off flagruns.

CTF-GrudgeCB3 - Every1 says low fps. I dunno I have a terrible PC and video card and I have good fps.

CTF-Orbital - Huge. Nightmare to cap. But fits certain playstyles, and is a legitimate good map to pick vs certain teams who have mediocre offense.

CTF-Scandinavium_riffcustom - Euros always whine about doors then pingrape me somehow as I come through with 30 ping.

CTF-Spirit - Any map where the offense kills me 2x more than they kill my defense is just fucking retarded. This is #itdm given ctf form. Even the flag lies far away from everything, in some long-forgotten corner. But it's good to spawnkill on HOHOHHHHHHHHHH!!!

That said, all of those maps and many more belong to be on the maplist. Just because there's a map you don't flourish on, doesn't mean it shouldn't be on the list. Maplist should include a bunch of different styles of play--the more narrow the maplist, the more likely it will favor certain people. Maps like Rainbase, Extortion, 433, Anfractuous, Orbi, Polar Abysse, etc. should also be on list. There could come a time where one of those maps could favor your team over another, and they're all well made. And so is ec2*
whitechocakagod

Postby Morpheus » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:01 pm

you are quite right on all fronts but one. Dreary has good spawns, really hard to grab but when you do, it much easier to cap compared to any other map.

As for DS i didn't even did 3D i finished with more grabs all map loooooool i did however ended the game for bbz. :mrgreen:
Image Image Sponsored by: Banko
Morpheus
Robin

Postby Aven » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:31 pm

The overwhelming majority of maps are much more difficult for offense, obviously. Just the way it is - nothing new really.
Image Image
Aven
Vargo Hoat

Postby Sauron » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:52 pm

Still hoping to see some new maps on the list, like 433, Anfractuous, etc.
Sauron
Angus Gump

Postby Bear » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:27 pm

Bear

Postby InfamousRaider » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:47 pm

I agree with new maps but I feel that 433 is a pretty bad map. I like anafractous though, I never understood why it wasn't on the map list, nobody really seems to dislike it.
InfamousRaider

Postby aNty » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:56 pm

Anfrac is a good map .

433 is a good map but for league it will be mostly like 3d to win it =) i would add it back 2

rainbase 2 cuz im pro at it :D

Yo ^^
aNty
Hin Master Hin

Postby Dray » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:23 am

Last time I played Ec2 I had over 70 suicides, that's extremely stupid, the version used in Ipug is by far the worst. I have on the Gu version never once spawned in mid if my flag has been taken. I thought I just disliked the map but apparently i'm not the only one. Rainbase is infinitesimally better than ec2. In fact i will never play ec2 out side of a match as I play to have fun, I have 0 fun on this map and will sub out every single time it is picked. Actually this is the second biggest reason I do not actively play IG any more.

The main reason is most ICTF pugs do not feel like ctf, it feels like DM with a flag occasionally. I can understand falling back to 3-4 d in matches, I can understand dming non stop in matches and even chasing in matches, it has no place in pugs. People still fall back and chase when they are up by 5+ caps, WTF euros. Also offense with very few grabs and 100+ kills should be banned and doubled in length every time ( applies only to pugs).

Diamond sword is my favorite map when not played in IG, how ever the newer version with the middle entrance is a decent map.

433- Why isn't this played ? This map is fan-fuckingtastic replace GC with this.

Klondike -Vonderbar

Anfract - Would be a most excellent choice

Orbital - Some times boring, usually when the o is chasing (either team). Other than that its a decent map.

Grudge - good map, 0 fps problems even on my pc ( 1.2 ghz 512mb ram 64mb pci )

Bleak - pretty boring on both o or d

Dreary - I like the map on both o or d

Grendel - I enjoy this map most of the time.
Dray

Postby Sonic|^ » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:08 am

Image.........
Sonic|^

Postby Sunny » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:37 am

stop crying about maps you think are bad... get outta here with that bullshit dray "im not gonna play a map cause i dont like it"... zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sunny

Postby csnafk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:24 pm

ec2 is bad

and you should feel bad
csnafk
Barney Gumble

Postby Aven » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:08 pm

Not really a fan of EC2 either. King fallback map.
Image Image
Aven
Vargo Hoat

Postby kylewins » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:00 pm

i am not a fan of ec2-gu. I once suicided 83 times, resulting in a frag count of -1.

As white said, if the flag leaves high, you won't spawn up there. If your defense is in the tunnel, you won't spawn mid.

433 good map

anfrac decent map

dreary absolutely awful, its basically who can fire at the spot faster. Offense has no room for innovation. Defense has no room for innovation.
kylewins
Tournament Greeter

Postby Sauron » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:41 pm

Sauron
Angus Gump

Postby Aven » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:58 pm

Image Image
Aven
Vargo Hoat

Postby Bizmonkey » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:04 pm

Does no one play Esprit anymore? Great map. I also really enjoy Rainbase and think it's a good teamwork map, though it definitely is very tough to cap on. And I will always think Orbital is the best map in the game, regardless of gametype :) A map where communication is more important than raw fragging ability.
Bizmonkey

Postby Cy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:42 pm

i think you just said the 3 gayest maps based on how people play nowadays. these would all go poorly with little to no enjoyment had by most.

back in the day, yes, esprit and orbital were fun to play. rainbase, however, i've always kinda hated.
Cy

Postby Bizmonkey » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:38 pm

Bizmonkey

Postby Cy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:11 pm

hell, i used to enjoy TwinValley2 in reg ig with ::wP::
Cy

Postby Bizmonkey » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:23 pm

Bizmonkey

Postby Sunny » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:37 pm

competitive gaming now is 10 guys shooting 30+ acc 100 frag min with newnet/zp...
Sunny

Postby csnafk » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:55 pm

csnafk
Barney Gumble

Postby Sunny » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:08 pm

lol was talkin to the guy above talking about espirit rainbase and orbital lol
Sunny

Postby Bizmonkey » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:54 am

Bizmonkey

Postby csnafk » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:12 pm

Esprit was officially buried when zp came back and everyone started playing 1d, 1 dm-in-their-front-from-their-spawn-side, 3o. Esprit was still on the map list, and picked a couple times, in the beginning seasons of MLIG. Zp promotes more lamish behavior that reg, not to say nobody did in reg, but it was much less prominent. I like Esprit, but unfortunately it will never come back.
csnafk
Barney Gumble

PreviousNext

Return to #iPug