Finalz

Re: New Maps

Postby HuMPtY » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:05 am

HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby ph34r » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:33 am

cynosure-gu needs to be made, ive been clamoring for this map for years =[
(122202:123602:1216) (HU) ya pixie (122202:123602:1218) (HU) i love that (122202:123602:1222) (HU) mmmmmmmm (122202:123602:1226) (HU) MMMMMMMMMMmmm Image
ph34r

Postby HuMPtY » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:39 am

HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby HuMPtY » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:39 am

HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby InfamousRaider » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:22 am

InfamousRaider

Postby Sauron » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:00 pm

433-LE101 - It is a larger map, but when we played it in previous leagues, it seemed to fare just fine. More versatile than maps like Orbital due to having 5 entrances to the flag room. Might need to tweak the spawns (can be troublesome with spawnkilling at high mid). Offense can be very creative on this map. Not sure why some don't like it, maybe they can add some input.

AnfractuousFixed - Overall a very good map - underplayed. Not sure it really needs any edits.

Bollwerk105 - Classic map that many people miss, but it is unplayable in ZP/NN. One possibility is opening up 3 main entrances low (could extend the button that closes the door to the new doorways. That would take care of the extreme choke point in low. The other addition that could be made are 2 ramps going from the D shaped platform to the curved path around it (over the lava moat). This would enable more options for the flag carrier and defense at the same time. With those two edits, we could test the flow in pugs and see if any additional edits are necessary. I'm sure there would be a lot of happy oldschoolers.

Disposable - Are all the versions of Disposable unable to be edited? There are quite a few, so I find that hard to believe.

EspritLE105 - Another classic. One of the primary issues with this map is the fact that in ZP/NN it is nearly impossible to boost from the Colosseum to the roof and vice versa with a competent defender on the ground. Maybe add one of those fast boost pads on either side of the colosseum roof. This would quicken the pace of the map greatly (one of the problems, as people are often waiting for a booster on the colosseum) and add an element of difficult for the defenders. Another small change could be speeding up the elevators on either side of the colosseum. Also, the middle of the map (interior of the colosseum) is hardly ever utilized. Revamping that midsection in some way could be beneficial. Lastly, the map is pretty flat on the main level. By pretty flat, I mean it is completely flat. I'm sure some creative minds could come up with a way to shake things up a bit in that area.

Extortion - woohoo.

FirenzeArena - Why isn't this played more? It's not too shabby.

GatakaLE100 - Good map already?

VaultCityLE102 - The positioning of the flag is completely awful for ZP/NN. Shake up the flag room - move the flag to the middle of the flag room. Not sure what else, but it only needs a few small edits. I forget how the spawns are for IG. Maybe a pair of boots could be interesting in this map as well.

Spirit - What happened to spydee's new version?

NovemberCE105 - I've been trying to think of some way to make this map playable in ZP/NN...Obviously the main issue is having just one entrance which makes grabbing very difficult (once you grab it is easier, especially with cover)...Possibly creating some sort of underwater entrance could be interesting. This wouldn't be difficult to stop but would give the defenders another thing to worry about...In weapons they have the trans for the sniper entrance, but opening that up to be able to walk through would be stupid. One idea is having a portal on the outside corner of the sniper window - this portal would only be usable by the opposing team. It would be one way, and would essentially do what the trans does. This portal entrance to the sniper window would GREATLY quicken the pace, increase grabs, while retaining the entire infrastructure of the map. Defenders wouldn't be able to solely worry about the front entrance.
Sauron
Angus Gump

Postby HuMPtY » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:43 am

CTF-PryXon-v7 updated now

- Added a sound to bouncepad
- Raised the floor below bouncepad so the flag doesnt get lost
- Smoothed out the stairs to ramps

-----------------------
CTF-Revenge

After playing revenge a couple times its still pretty slow i think the main problems are getting defence to defend closer to base and the spawns in the mini room were pretty bad.

soo after some thought and looking at the map and some input from others (iMt,Morpheus,ulo) we had a few ideas but before trying them wanted to get a little input from everyone else.

ok so what we're proposing ..

- Close off the existing entrance to the tube and make that a route/ramp to get high ontop of the tube, extend the tube so it comes out next to the shockrifle instead.

ok this first change should make it 10x harder to defend in mid as people are just going to come behind you, and the extra route to get up high should speed things up getting across mid and ease the congestion in the middle of the map (i hope)

- The second change proposing is abit more "radical" in revenge it was pretty hard getting into base to grab but not too bad to get out when u get the flag so ...
proposing opening up the floor/grate between the boxes and tube and making an entrance solely to get into base maybe add some water in there so u can hear it still (see pics)

new door way here 8)

open the floor up here (move that grate thing across probably) and connect it with the new doorway into low base, probably add some water in the bottom so u can hear people coming through there

- And again alter the spawns, maybe close off the mini room altogether and just make it a route round from shock to pulse ramp ?

thx to ulo/iMt/Morpheus for input ;)
-------------------------------------

CTF-Orbital

ok i might receive some abuse for this but w/e..

proposing a few changes on this one :

- Shortening the base and moving the flag forward (img1)

block the back area off or bring it around for flagstand off position ?

- add glass between the pillars in base

- Add an entrance next to the lift in base to go through to the flak lift area

bring the floor around block off the window but connect the doors between (not sure of the styling of the flak lift room) will look at that closer depending on feedback here 8)

also another entrance mirror imaging that one on the other side going to the right high area??

- open up the sniper window .. then either add a lift below or bring the floor up to it mirroring the sides of the map too (see img)

and obviously would need to edit the floor below somehow ?

------

those are 2 maps personally i think have a *chance* of working in ig tournaments in future, you dont have to agree with all the changes or any at all, im posting it up to get some feedback on what everyone thinks before we do any changes and waste time editing things 8)

p.s some of you have played CTF-Isobeta already well thats going to be the next map out shortly for testing after editing the bases a little and adding a couple aids in the high mid area .

p.s.s

@ Sauron, any version ive found of Disposable isnt editable, if u can find one that is post up and we'll glady give it a try .. tbh any of the other maps i dont see working in ig unfortunately.. anfractuous if it was 3/4 or 2/3 the size might be fun but would involve remaking the entire map i think.
HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby Morpheus » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:01 am

the orbital one is the only one i'm sure it will be no longer 1-0 map lol revenge is a big ??

Nice editing and paint skills LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

oh ye and maybe another entrance on the other side of orbital if possible loool let the juice flow into orbital
Image Image Sponsored by: Banko
Morpheus
Robin

Postby Cy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:18 am

i just don't think any amount of edits to those maps will make them acceptable in league play
Cy

Postby Morpheus » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:25 am

Image Image Sponsored by: Banko
Morpheus
Robin

Postby Sauron » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:15 pm

Sauron
Angus Gump

Postby Sonic|^ » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:31 pm

Post links to these maps. HOLYSHITBALLS.
Image.........
Sonic|^

Postby HuMPtY » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:37 pm

HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby Sauron » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:23 pm

Played the new Revenge once, and I thought it was just fine the way it is. The only potential trouble is the direct view from on top of the tube in middle seeing down the new hallways. Defenders liked to hide in the corner by flak as well - could resolve that by widening the new hallway entrance to include the flak area. Found it was way easier to grab than the original Revenge but leaving the base was about the same, a little easier.
Sauron
Angus Gump

Postby HuMPtY » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:53 pm

Going to make individual topics for each map, please post your input in those 8)

omg paco is gay.
HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Previous

Return to #iPug