Global.iCTF V || Official Maplist

5v5 InstaGib CTF

Re: Global.iCTF V || Official Maplist

Postby HuMPtY » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:51 pm

Mesmerize: Its an ok map..pretty bland though and not much too it, Pyrolize would of been a much better pick in its place.. but the open mid/lobby rooms will make it nearly impossible to cap with fall back and what not, As you can be shot from pretty much any angle theres no cover or any possibility of juking out of the base as the defence and offence will just wait where they spawn and they have a perfect shot on you, pretty much just a dm fest.. it plays ok in pugs where you can regulate stuff but so did bleak and acrony etc

Dusk: The flag rooms have improved drastically and the map does have some potential but the big open middle just negates the flag room improvement, Theres no punishment for defending in the middle of the map again probably fine in pugs but looking for match play idk..and i hope Anderson keeps on developing the map and improves the middle section, the same as mesmerize in its current state will just turn into one big dm fest in middle

Byproduct definitely shouldnt of made it, the only viable route out of the base with the flag is low as going up the ramps behind and to the side rooms of the flag is so slow and with the 7? spawns up high blocking you, youll need to kill the defence and offence several times .. if you do decide to go low mid the quick route you again have 3 spawns directly in your path on the way out of the base plus all the high spawns falling on top of you.. seems to be replacing mediocre maps with bad ones.
HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby Morpheus » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:28 pm

dreary is one of the best league maps...and it was removed.

It's a UT loss here. Incredibly hard to 3d against a massive pushup as we saw on the allstars game and it simply flows well. The spawns are a little off and might need fixing, but it has more potential than 50% of the map list. In its current form is really good and we witness the first OT yesterday and besides lasting a small time it was a 40-50 acc match and it was followed by a 1-1 cap.

I haven't played these new maps, but removing dreary sounds like a dreary mistake.

Fix the spawn algorithm guys...you will clearly see that the map pool wont need many adjustments after that ;)
Image Image Sponsored by: Banko
Morpheus
Robin

Postby Lineage » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:31 pm

please don't take any of this personally as you definitely bring up some valid points in all 3 maps humpty, but losing dreary/beefmonkey/acrony for mesmerize/dusk/byproduct is a net gain in my opinion. Beef (drunk wndg creation lol) and Dreary (seriously, 1! entrance to the base. ONE!. O-N-E!) are dreadful these days, Acrony has it's supporters and probably could be kept in the list tbh, it's not terrible unless your desktop is trash or are on a laptop. but we are losing 2 crap maps and an ok map for 3 maps with potential that need some burn in competitive matches..I think it's a better list now than last season.
Lineage

Postby Morpheus » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:37 pm

Morpheus
Robin

Postby Sonic|^ » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:39 pm

Dreary is shit.
Image.........
Sonic|^

Postby Morpheus » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:41 pm

Morpheus
Robin

Postby Sonic|^ » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:43 pm

Image.........
Sonic|^

Postby Morpheus » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:45 pm

Morpheus
Robin

Postby Lineage » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:45 pm

Lineage

Postby Morpheus » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:53 pm

Morpheus
Robin

Postby Lineage » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:57 pm

I will agree that once you can actually get a grab and get out you can go a number of different ways. I just don't think a map where 14~ grabs between 3 offensive players is very fun to play, or watch. I would much more enjoy a map like Mesmerize where grabbing is at a Klondike pace, not an Orbital pace on a niven sized map
Lineage

Postby Morpheus » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:10 pm

Morpheus
Robin

Postby Junkyardboy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:24 pm

Dreary is garbage...
no room to dodge, no room to team fights in mid, no room for anything and to top it off, it looks like SHIT! It's just a cram fuck fest, and imo, CTF-Control would be more competitive than Dreary. Playing Dreary feels like you are playing ec2, except the flagrooms is tiny as fuuuk.

acrony is a hard as fuck map to cap on, not upset that it's being removed...but i don't think it's anyone's favorite map, and as lineage mentioned, we are getting newer maps, but from the allstar match, rain proved that even against stacked defense, you can make some truly amazing flag runs on that map.

I will agree with Humpty, Dusk still feels like a welfare garbage map. Definate improvements to the flagroom, but massive middle breaks the flow of the map and creates mass dm opportunities in mid for defenders. feels extremely awkward to play defense as I feel there is too much obstruction in the way of the flag room.

You could easily say the exact same thing about mezmerize...despite having multiple entrances to the flagroom, every single entrance to the flagroom can be watched from playing in middle...but that's not my beef with the map...my beef with this map is that it's too cramped and tight. Cramped and tight maps generally don't last in league play if you factor in all the maps we have removed in the past: ec2, rainbase, coret etc...

byproduct(don't remember playing this) but i have if i remember corectly, it was too large? I'm surprised washme did not make it into maplist...i'd personally rate washme higher than all three of those maps(despite having some flaws to it, fun factor is way up there for washme)
Junkyardboy

Postby TimTim » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:20 pm

Since many opinions are being added to this thread, I'll go ahead and quickly provide my own.

Dreary is indeed garbage. I'm sure it was good over 10 years ago when no one knew what they were doing.

I've always loved Acrony, but it can be difficult to cap on.

BeefMonkey was a really fun map, despite all the wawa.

Mesmerize can be really tough to get out on with fallback, but with someone who knows how to cover and clear a path for you, it's easy to make it past that first line of defense.

Dusk is better than Duku now. A newer version put on servers a few days ago has better spawn placement and adjusted kickers. It flows like water and provides many opportunities for awesome flag runs. DMing mid isn't an issue at all because everyone is almost always too busy doing other things in areas that aren't within a DMer's line of sight.

Byproduct has a similar feel to Sprinta, but it's faster paced and more dynamic. It's simultaneously harder to fall back and easier to push up. You can try to DM mid on this map, but it's guaranteed to bite you in the ass if you do it for any other purpose than covering. Also, the high routes are actually more viable than the low routes, especially if you and your team know what you're doing in advance.
TimTim

Postby Riven » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:42 pm

Removed from last season:
CTF-BeefMonkey
CTF-Dreary
CTF-Acrony

this is actualy great! :D
Riven
Olive Oil

Postby mas » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:03 pm

i honeslty dont understand why anyone would decide to put dusk in the maplist lmao
mas

Postby Solidsnake » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:24 pm

it's ok mass, your vote is not too late yet!
ImageImage
Solidsnake

Postby rain » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Image Global.iCTF I - Champions (·shøckWave·)
rain

Postby DamagedGoods » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:41 pm

>can't play dreary properly
>"it's garbage"

:lol:
ImageImageWhoever reads this owes me $1000 and a blowjob from their mom ImageImage
DamagedGoods
As FUBAR status encroaches

Postby Lineage » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:38 pm

Lineage

Previous

Return to Global.iCTF V