[×] $6771 rain aless cobra.se Cy nightwing hulksmash kud fuers Annihilator [×]
[×] $6711 ScReaM sn3p senad beastz CaDiaN^ iMpure Sponge kamakazie TimTim [×]
[×] $6921 ulo Rum Apokalips Losah Hertz Toro Xenoscythe lineage nanstuko [×]
[×] $6947 Humpty sonic|^ snake|rareware PACO rasta-man anty neddy n0b akito [×]
[×] $6919 Pun Serenity bug Cassie ultranova|^ jedimindhax BLIZZARD dR3 mng [×]
[×] $6580 nordog paleface jamy kengzta NoPain^ spoke leon heavy faithless [×]
[×] $6946 blackout\\ Monk pritz flowX murder woody7 viperzz tnz sploetoem [×]
[×] $6946 gizmo finalz kyuken iispy DEVILYOUA [1]ss[0] PanterA Joschde pRoJ [×]
[×] $6905 RickJames Hatchet Dewsick NiNjA][GAiDEN Fail161 Talisman poNx Convict BuSTaH` [×]
[×] $6886 Sakura mejji MP/5 kowa deathstorm exixt Calippo Sl1d3r Nitro [×]
[×] $6851 csnafk ravonix killemall gzt pulip rusty2280 cromaniac jd kyaxiz [×]

Top 5 Captains with leadership qualities that will take will hel[ motivate and organize their team to the finals:
1. Rain
2. Humpty
3. RickJames
4. Risus
5. Sauron

Honorary mention goes out to:
6. nordog
7. csnafk
8. Ramdrop

These are the most experienced captains that I feel have the qualities needed to help motivate and bring their team to the finals. I ranked these top 8 by activity, personality and ability to motivate a team to show up and play at their best level.

Top 5 Defensive Teams
1. ShadowFax
2. Pun
3. Rain
4. Ramdrop
5. gizmo

Top 5 Offensive Teams
1. Humpty
2. RickJames
3. Risus
4. Rain
5. nordog

Some quick tidbits on each team...not gonna comment on every player, i'm just gonna call it as I see it:
[×] $6842 risus infamousraider n0mer meth n1zz insanity krm rev crashedmc [×]

-risus snagged tyler which IMO, is what makes this team playoff contention and a force to rekon with when combined with IR.

[×] $6841 ShadowFax unrealshots snky Tempus ravje Hostile Pete crunk scott [×]

-fantastic comms all around from everyone, if shots pete and snky show every round, this team will have one of the best preseason records

[×] $6841 ramdrop solidsnake T!T4N mas Volcanic marky Feisar |uK|Shiva khm [×]

-love the versatality, but I personally feel this team lacks an All-Star...solidsnake might be able to step up to the plate, but he's got an uphill
battle to go from here.

[×] $6938 Banko riven SuPaH Spriggan linoleum heat kr4Zz aven imperious [×]

-I like this team, if aven and heat & banko all play as good as they did from last season, this team is going to be quite scary...riven step your game up son, you might be able to take a ring on this team...something tells me they will struggle to get a top 5 showing up consistently though, time will tell

[×] $6815 Sauron steel exhumed edge lovely LP sovvie k-os miracle [×]

-anguis missed out on some dedicated defenders(although everyone is pretty much versatile on this team & can play defense, I feel they will struggle with a lack of consistency and dedicated positions and switching up roles from matches to maps will be the downfall of this team. Everyone hates to be stuck on defense on this team other than LP & Miracle and while both players strong, not strong enough in my eyes.

[×] $6771 rain aless cobra.se Cy nightwing hulksmash kud fuers Annihilator [×]
-I'm surprised rain didn't draft a defensive partner first(as he did finalz last season that took him to the finals) and he went very offensive heavy. He lucked out with anni in the last round and I feel if Anni showsand builds up chemistry with rain, this is going to be the top team to beat this season.

[×] $6711 ScReaM sn3p senad beastz CaDiaN^ iMpure Sponge kamakazie TimTim [×]
-Seems like they will have a very balanced team, but I feel like a heavy weight will have to be carried by sn3p the whole season. this team will struggle.

[×] $6921 ulo Rum Apokalips Losah Hertz Toro Xenoscythe lineage nanstuko [×]
-crazy offense, but who the hell is defense? it's a common theme and imo a mistake when you have players like rum and apok who excell on offense and are likely going to get stuck on defense.

[×] $6947 Humpty sonic|^ snake|rareware PACO rasta-man anty neddy n0b akito [×]
-this is the best offense in the entire league, paco/sonic/n0b (it's a wetdream cum true), humpty+anty will workout as long as they have paco doing what he does best :lol: JK, but srsly..sonic is hands down best offensive player in the league(you will all feel the wrath of sonic followed up with theincrediblepaco adding insult to injury kills laughing away as they cap everyone out). ANTY start practicing u noob! Downfall will be the defense( as the past has shown us, teams with the best defensive lineup are the ones that win, but prove me wrong)

[×] $6919 Pun Serenity bug Cassie ultranova|^ jedimindhax BLIZZARD dR3 mng [×]
-this team's biggest worry will be having the top 5 show. They seem to have a very strong top 5, but it'll be up to the offense to be able to bring caps home while serenity and bug hold the fort down. I really don't see anything magical happening on offense unless they put serenity on offense this season(but that puts a hole in their defense). Maybe he can fill the shoes of morpheas and do it all? If anyone can do it, serenity is the man to do it.

[×] $6580 nordog paleface jamy kengzta NoPain^ spoke leon heavy faithless [×]
-drafted a crazy stacked offense, but who is nopain?idk, nopain and nordog will struggle and not sure how well the rest of this team does dishing out flalback

[×] $6946 blackout\\ Monk pritz flowX murder woody7 viperzz tnz sploetoem [×]

-cheating mother fucker...hi monk :)

[×] $6946 gizmo finalz kyuken iispy DEVILYOUA [1]ss[0] PanterA Joschde pRoJ [×]

-I like this team, but they seem like a top 5 euro team...we know what happened in the euro/na all star match :p (this team has all the right players to win this season)

[×] $6905 RickJames Hatchet Dewsick NiNjA][GAiDEN Fail161 Talisman poNx Convict BuSTaH` [×]

-Dewsick convict defense? hatch fail + ponx offense? Sounds nasty and pretty solid, we'll see what happens...team's success lies on dewsick playing in tip top shape(not likely given the time he has, but who knows?!?)

[×] $6886 Sakura mejji MP/5 kowa deathstorm exixt Calippo Sl1d3r Nitro [×]
-i don't know what to say about this team...loving the mejji and mp5, but who's gonna play the role of risus along with mejji and who's gonna be sunny to go with mp5? we'll see what happens

[×] $6851 csnafk ravonix killemall gzt pulip rusty2280 cromaniac jd kyaxiz [×]
-im never sure what csn goes for when he drafts his team, he always seems to have a plan in his head, but something tells me it didn't go as he planned it this time. ravonix great pickup(all-star euro D), ghost another pickup(versatile and likely defense), which will lead csn/pullip & cromaniac on attack. I feel like they have a strong overall team, but they might be lacking in the communications department and finding a dedicated role for pullip & ghost...uphill battle for csn.
Junkyardboy

Re: JYB's Quick & Dirty Look at the Teams

Postby rain » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:36 pm

Nice!
Image Global.iCTF I - Champions (·shøckWave·)
rain

Postby MP/5 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:57 pm

good to see another perspective JYB so thanks for sharing.

although seems like you were lacking knowledge of more than a few of the less known players in this community which led to some weird lineups' predictions.
1. no way in hell apoka or rummy play D while they have hertz & lineage on the team.
2. NP^ is a very good swedish O player that was a steal in the draft in my opinion (wanted him for my team). rmrz aka heavy will play on D with nordog, the 3 swedes will attack.
3. ponx who is like 200$ player that struggle on the public server as a starter over bustah who is 800+? don't see it happening...
4. my team will handle just fine (more to come on sunday) ;)
5. gzt is not a D player by any means and rav will play D with cromaniac, a croatian rising star (cheats? jk), while pulip + gzt + kyaxiz/chosen on O.

step up you game bro to sick cunt writeups :)

cheers man gj anyway!
MP/5
MP3

Postby DamagedGoods » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:58 pm

nopain's gonna surprise you. might be the best player on that team, on a good day.
ImageImageWhoever reads this owes me $1000 and a blowjob from their mom ImageImage
DamagedGoods
As FUBAR status encroaches

Postby csnafk » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:18 pm

nordog is a faggot for taking him from me.
csnafk
Barney Gumble

Postby Sunny » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:57 pm

not that it matters but rains team didnt make it to the finals last ictf season :D
p.s slider will do an awesome job on o(could've been a starter last season if my team wasnt so stacked looooooooooooooooool)
Sunny

Postby rain » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:17 pm

Yeah we went semi's :o

Also gzt use to be a top knotch defender MP5 D:
Image Global.iCTF I - Champions (·shøckWave·)
rain

Postby Morpheus » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Image Image Sponsored by: Banko
Morpheus
Robin

Postby ph34r » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:30 pm

jyb showing why he never wins with this logic
(122202:123602:1216) (HU) ya pixie (122202:123602:1218) (HU) i love that (122202:123602:1222) (HU) mmmmmmmm (122202:123602:1226) (HU) MMMMMMMMMMmmm Image
ph34r

Postby HuMPtY » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:02 am

HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby MP/5 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:43 am

Last edited by MP/5 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
MP/5
MP3

Postby LP » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:28 am

lol
LP

Postby risus` » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:01 pm

Nice writeup jyb. There are a lot of good teams this season and they seem pretty balanced.

Tyleroflllls was an amazing steal. Gotta thank you jyb for giving me some second hand insight during the draft. Also, giving me a heart attack during the round I picked tyler :lol:

However, I think you and a lot of people will see why I took meth so early on.
risus`

Postby Lineage » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:03 pm

meth is best @ ut
Lineage

Postby RickJames » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:30 am

bug + Serenity if Pun's team wins it all:

RickJames
Kofi Annan

Return to Global.iCTF V