CTF-PryXon

CTF-PryXon

Postby HuMPtY » Sat May 18, 2013 10:28 am

Number 1 in a list of maps we're hoping to release in the next few weeks is CTF-PryXon .. We tested it a few times in pugs and took some feedback from people and have come back with a new version..For those who played it before the changes are:
The base is a lot more open which should make it a little easier to defend than before (thx for input unrealshots/morpheus)
The dodge from behind the flag is a little easier now so you dont need to be a BT master to do it
Its been re-textured to look a little less "nooby" (thx to kud)

It'll be on ip3 5 and 6 today .. and hopefully the rest of the servers asap too, But heres a download link if you want to check it out/ giff feedback

Please give it a couple of tries before any qq complaints, but any constructive criticism is more than welcome.
HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Re: CTF-PryXon

Postby Steel » Sun May 19, 2013 6:19 am

This map has tons of potential imo.
Steel

Postby kud » Sun May 19, 2013 7:46 pm

720p recommended
kud
Walder Frey

Postby HuMPtY » Sun May 19, 2013 8:24 pm

lool nice vid dude
When was kudkast 1?

PryXon seems pretty good so far a few minor edits coming up though
-Back room blocked off
-low spawn moved/Something to stop it being so easy to abuse
-blue bouncepad fixed xD
HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby TimTim » Sun May 19, 2013 9:38 pm

Last edited by TimTim on Sun May 19, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: comment moved to proper thread
TimTim

Postby kE » Mon May 20, 2013 9:34 am

First off, map has great potential. Even made me signup here to provide hopefully some constructive feedback :)

The obvious
- Jumppad behind base is broken
- Low mid spawn is just spawnkill fest

I might be proven differently when we get the know the more map, but after playing the map twice yesterday it feels like it's too runner friendly.

Grudge fe. is also very attacker friendly (many routes, lots of switching possible, etc), but due to the spawns and the open nature of both bases, it's still possible to track EFC with 2 experienced people and to get a shot. You end up with a high grab map, but not _that_ easy to cap on. Same with command.

On PryXon it feels like it's too easy tho to switch around with oppo not able to see/prevent it, due to the many cornered walls that block view/shots. Basically if you're two dodges behind someone they can simply outrun you without leaving a shot and uncertain what route. Considering most spawns are also not really in the mid, but more towards each base, this leaves far less opportunity to catch up with the opponent (compared to basically all proven maps). Only teamplay mechanism to solve this on first look is fallback.

Second point would be that the base entrances and distance to flagpost is too short. No second change for a defender as with basically all other maps. Combined with above point this basically means you don't have a real second change to get the EFC back when shot and it's a free run if u're playing against decent runners.

First suggestion would be well placed windows, fe. with sprinta in base that gives view between high/low route.

Second suggestion would be to make the cover from walls a bit less extreme, especially on the sides. Not only does this give the D a better view, also it allows for the other team to chase FC if it's side. Currently you can simply dodge quick enough without them getting a shot.
kE

Postby HuMPtY » Mon May 20, 2013 10:39 am

PryXon-v17

- Bounce pad Fixed
- Low spawn Moved
- Back room blocked off

(thx to kud)

Adding glass in strategic places might not be a bad idea, Would like to see if played a few more times though and let people get comfortable with it.. find the cut off points and best places to defend from.
HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby kud » Mon May 20, 2013 11:17 am

kud
Walder Frey

Postby Bizmonkey » Mon May 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Let's just change the name to "CTF-Pr0n" and be done with it.
Bizmonkey

Postby Carras » Mon May 20, 2013 2:24 pm

ya. pryxon is an horrible name.
Carras
Maybe Next Time...

Postby ph34r » Mon May 20, 2013 3:28 pm

pryxon chyx

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
(122202:123602:1216) (HU) ya pixie (122202:123602:1218) (HU) i love that (122202:123602:1222) (HU) mmmmmmmm (122202:123602:1226) (HU) MMMMMMMMMMmmm Image
ph34r

Postby evilgrins » Thu May 23, 2013 11:35 am

1) Great map.
2) Nice layout, maybe the distance between the 2 flags is a bit too close but that works out well enough.
3) Good music selection.
4) I'll probably keep it minus one glaring snafu.

This map has no bot pathing.

I don't play UT online all the time, sometimes just have a go at stuff at home with me and the boys. On this map the bots stay pretty much wherever they spawned into the game, which provides no real gameplay potential.

Think of the bots people!
Have you hugged a Skaarj today? http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
evilgrins

Postby Bizmonkey » Thu May 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Superman plays UT?
Bizmonkey

Postby csnafk » Fri May 24, 2013 8:15 pm

After playing defense twice and offence once my opinions are:

1) That low spawn just has to go. Move it or rid it all together. Even after changing it it's still spawnkill city

2) That flag stand is pretty awful, get rid of the lip holding the flag and just make it stand in the back of the small circle or in the middle. if you don't dodge across to get the flag, which makes it very, very easy to die, then you run into the lip and do that stupid short hop shit which makes it very, very easy to die. (see the pattern?) Shouldn't have to be forced to clear the flagroom before you can get a solid grab imo. The best trick in an runners pocket is (if you can't hit the defender) grabbing and running in the opposite direction and putting the pressure on him instead. Extraordinarily hard to do with this stand. Reminds me of Spirits old stand.

Other than that, I'm liking the map more and more. Learning the flow is definitely a curve but it's a league map for sure.
csnafk
Barney Gumble

Postby heavy » Sat May 25, 2013 8:58 am

yeah, and the flag in base is too big. As a defender i cant see jack shit because of the flag size lol.
heavy

Postby PACO » Sun May 26, 2013 2:13 am

Map is pretty fun and seems offensive oriented but overall balanced. Good job and sweet vid kud.
PACO
Horizontally Challenged World Traveller

Postby HuMPtY » Sun May 26, 2013 8:43 am

Seems really good so far..
imo a few small changes though, do people agree with these..?
-tweak flag stand a bit
-maybe rotate the flag a little more vertical?
-add a couple windows(sprinta glass style) in a few strategic places to give the defence a little more chance to recover?

Hopefully its one of many maps we can add to the league/pug rotation :)
HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby evilgrins » Sun May 26, 2013 4:55 pm

Have you hugged a Skaarj today? http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
evilgrins

Postby Bizmonkey » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:23 pm

I enjoy this map. Fun to attack on and seems like a bitch to defend.

If the high bridge was a bit wider or the map a bit taller (allowing for a higher bridge), maybe high would be a more viable option to run the flag.
Bizmonkey

Return to UT99 Mapping Discussion