"he's gonna cap.." NOT TODAY SIR I'M GONNA CAP

Screenshots/Avis/FragMovies

"he's gonna cap.." NOT TODAY SIR I'M GONNA CAP

Postby Carras » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:15 am

I'd like to thank my fiancee for calling me in the last minutes of a close game, rusty for getting juked like whoa and stonecold for jumping into a pit of blue hungry snakes.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand mega special thanks to n0b.

phpBB [video]

why get a hattrick ds? ffffuck
http://www.globalunreal.com/utstats/?p=match&mid=19614
Carras
Maybe Next Time...

Re: "he's gonna cap.." NOT TODAY SIR I'M GONNA CAP

Postby InfamousRaider » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:18 am

I like the sneakyness, its a lost art of flag running this day and age. All the shit leading up to it was pointless though, a whole lot of weak fallback.
InfamousRaider

Postby Bizmonkey » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:13 pm

Those were a couple epic back-dodges. Take notes, everyone. Those skills were honed on years of Coret and Maelstrom.
Bizmonkey

Postby blade » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:24 pm

Rofl, vintage Carras. Mothafucka was always sneaky going back a decade and half. Guy was just as frustrating to defend against as bbz/bigboy/silent/clarke/etc over the years. From my perspective, it was truly a challenge that I enjoyed taking up from game to game; it was tough as hell to stay even one ahead of those guys. :lol:

InfamousRaider wrote:I like the sneakyness, its a lost art of flag running this day and age. All the shit leading up to it was pointless though, a whole lot of weak fallback.

It's not really a lost art but has been submerged by massive fallback, backshooting, etc to the point that it's almost impossible to sneak in without somebody turning around and seeing you. I mean I remember when you could EASILY sneak into enemy base on freaking control and grab the flag without a single frag haha. If control were to be played in today's game, forget it. You won't be able to sneak across the ledge, let alone sneak into enemy base without killing 4 people in mid then 4 more just to grab the flag.

Other factors too: Better communication tools, less lag-spikes, easier to frag with newnet, lower pings, I can go on. All of that gives even more advantage to building up the defensive aspect of the game to the detriment of the flagrunners.
Image Hope. Inspire. Dream. Live.
blade

Postby Carras » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:51 pm

The main event was the final flagrun. i just wanted to include stonecold's run because he could have won the game but instead blindly jumped from high to his low into 3 enemies... :roll:
Carras
Maybe Next Time...

Return to UT99 Media Discussion