I want to make a movie

Screenshots/Avis/FragMovies

I want to make a movie

Postby Amadeus » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:48 pm

People have been asking me to post this. It's also a reply to 'Help' down below.

Let me share you my experience, tips & tricks.

You want to start out with a good intro to convince the people it will be a good movie. In the movie you'll have to keep track of *every possible viewer* which means there are allot of ways to adjust the video. End the movie with a bang, this is the part people will remember=> if you'll hit the spot, the audience will come back or send people over.
Keep your first clips short, people don't want t spend too many minutes if they don't know what to expect: make it longer if there is allot/good feedback.

-Programs

U want to start by downloading the following software.

- Sony Vegas Pro XX ( ) Trusted Download
* Efficient How-To's & Tips : |
- Youtube to MP3 converter ( ) - best quality
- Adobe After Effects (Takes time to learn, but gives u the best effects, look at W1z4-ut video's: )

UT99
- Demorec 4.1 (beta)
- Riplecam ( flying camera between several points during a demo)
- You want to set your resolution to the resolution you want to post it. If u want a 1920, record at 1920, you want a 1024, record a 1024.
- Use Fraps While playing the demo ( don't use fraps or any program while playing UT, this will drop down the frames you desire to get a 1920 vid. Instead write down the times you have a good scene onto your sheet of paper)
(here is the free cracked version of fraps: )
--> U want these settings & tricks for fraps :

The Movie

I divided this one in 7 chapters which are for me the most important things to think about before u even start making your movie. I suggest u take a peace of paper (old school) or a word-sheet and script your movie, don't forget to always think about the message u want to bring to the audience... ( i want to show i'm the best.. / That i can do amazing shots/ that I'm a smart attacker (Lol) / I can combine music with my 'art' /...)
Make sure u have a list of atleast 30 songs ready to use into your clip/movie. Ex.: what I mostly do is listen to a track ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2qArAiI ... Pw&index=1 ) and add onto my word-sheet the minutes. Example with youtube song: 1:26 till 02:25 for my Mid sequel.. The Audience likes to hear music they've never heard, for this goto Beatport.com or other up-to-date websites(Subscribing music channels like suicidesheep, vevo, helps alot).

Intro
U want to be making your intro in AAE(adobe), if you don't have time or you are too lazy *cough* , im' not, * cough*, to do it in AAF u can use pre-made intro's that u can just paste into your SVP XX.
--> or (I use the inspiration of this guy: )
Try to make something original, think about making it a storyline which makes the audience look closer and want to fully extend the movie. U want them to experience goosebumps, ask your gf/friends before using it. I use most of my time at the intro/music. My music for the intro comes mostly from : Varien (youtube) - example of one I used:

Title
Give it a title that makes your movie something to look for, or what characterizes your movie.

Mid
Use all the footage taken with Demo Manager and select the ones u like the most, and the ones u have your doubts. (Tip: make this part over a period of +-a week if you make the movie over 20 minutes, you'll have a +- 90% chance of changing your mind over a few selected clips)
It's also important you match this part with the music so it won't be dull after 1 minute. You'll like to break that by using original stuff like female voices instead of the male voice or the riplecam (used in w1z4's movie), etc .. ( + )

Interline

I like to use Funny scenes or clips of a short time to retake the 'attention' of the viewer.

Bang
End the movie with a Bang, something people will want to watch over and over. The last minute is the the one people will remember when they close the video, and make them return.

End
U can add your flavor to this one, I mostly see Bloopers, outtakes, remarks, personal favorites; it's all up to you.

Compressing

You don't want to end up with a video of 10g, but u don't want to end up with a video of 15mb either... You'll have to find the balance to what u want to present to the viewers, u want a 1028p quality to bring to the viewers? OR a downloadable 720p?

I personally use these settings for youtube:
I personally use this program to shorten a video that is downloadable: 'virtuel dub'

Extra
Most Liked by viewers;
- Slomo's (don't overdo this one)
- Music style ( try 3 genres, NOT MORE) -> I'll give u a free tip : viewtopic.php?f=28&t=491 (they give it to you for free..)
- Flashy / impossible trick shots
- Zoom-in's ( I personally don't like this, but like I said, it's all to you)
- SVP XX: I use cinematic color effect in all my video's

I'm certain you'll have a memorial movie after following these tips.
Ofcourse there are many more tips which I'm still unknown for and still learning today.
Amadeus

Re: I want to make a movie

Postby Banko » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Hmm where do you have UT demo manager 4.1 ? I'm using 3.3 and that has issues with Windows 8 so I'm trying to see if there is a version that might just work.
Banko

Postby Amadeus » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:28 pm

Amadeus

Postby Banko » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:00 am

Banko

Return to UT99 Media Discussion