KOTR #4 ANNOUNCED!

Next Tournament: To be Announced

KOTR #4 ANNOUNCED!

Postby PACO » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:22 am

Dear ladies, gentlemen and savages,

I am pleased to announce the fourth installment of the acclaimed KING OF THE RING series. I will keep this post relatively short but not too sweet since there is an epidemic of obesity going around. The tournament is slotted to start at Sunday October 6th, 2013 @ 3:30pm EST (8:30pm GMT/9:30pm CET). I expect that this tournament will last anywhere from 4-5 hours however it might take less time since we have been getting more and more efficient with each passing tournament.

HOW MANY SIGNUPS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?

HOW WILL ELIMINATIONS WORK?
10 players per heat, 5 advance until the finals where one player will win. 160-80-40-20-10-1

THIS SOUNDS COOL, CAN YOU LINK ME TO PAST TOURNAMENTS?

WHAT WILL THE MAPLIST LOOK LIKE?
A lot different than the first three KOTR. Initially we started out with classic iDM maps but I plan on taking the tournament in a different direction this time around. The maplist will be completely new and instead of the meta of "pure spawnkill" maps, there will be larger and more control oriented maps. The final five maps will be finalized by September 22nd, 2013 and the map order will be selected by mrgrins randomly out of a sombrero while HULKSMASH strums away at a ukelele.

Despite the maplist not being 100% at the moment, it's not at 0% either. DM-Chromium and DM-Bellicose will be making the cut (you can check them out if you're interested in the style of maps that we will be going for). DM-Ravage and DM-Raskagar have great chances of making it pending play tests and I'll be throwing up a few other maps to try in pugs during the week. I know that the maplist will put people outside of their comfort zone but instead of assuming the fetal position, I encourage everyone to grab the bull by its horns and embrace the change.

I WANT TO PRACTICE!!
#iPug .j iDM (glhf)

I'M NOT GOING TO WIN SO I DON'T WANT TO SIGN UP..

Winning is great but there are multiple ways to look at a tournament like this. I don't think that I'll ever be the KOTR but every tournament that I join, I try to advance as far as I can. Even making the semis and the quarters with such a high talent pool is an honor. Set a goal for how far you want to make it and even if you come up short.. tune into the stream and support mrgrins/UT while watching top talent go to work.

Additionally, even if you don't think that you will get very far.. show up and play just for the sake of supporting the game and the community. It's almost a 15 year old game and we have the potential to run a one day, 160 person tournament. This is more than a tournament, it's a statement and to execute it, we will need all of your support on and off of the battlefield. Let people know about it, dig up old contacts, invite players from other games, spam the stream and hype up the event. I'd love for us to pull in a few hundred concurrent viewers and I promise that we will be putting on a show.

ASIDE FROM STREAM GOODIES, ANYTHING ELSE COOL PLANNED?
Infographics for maps displaying things like, who got the most monster kills, who died the most, who had the highest spree etc. Additionally we will be tracking overall country performances and hand out points based on how many players from x country made it to each round. The system will be refined and more details about these outside awards/stats will be outlined in the near future but it will be interesting to see which countries have the largest presence and the best fraggers.

WHEN WILL SIGNUPS OPEN?

Thanks for reading and if people have any pressing or non-pressing questions/comments/feedback/complaints.. post them here and I'll respond in a timely fashion. If you complain, I'll break your knee-caps.

Sincerely,

TheIncrediblePACO & The Incredible Post Editing HULKSMASH

Wena cabros!!

Es un placer anunciar el 4º torneo de la serie KING OF THE RING. Mantendré este post relativamente corto pero no tan dulce, ya que hay una epidemia de obesidad dando vueltas (comentario gringo xD). El torneo está programado para empezar el Domingo 6 de Octubre del 2013 a las 3:30pm EST (8:30pm GMT/9:30pm CET). Espero que este torneo dure entre 4-5horas, sin embargo podría tomar un poco menos ya que estamos siendo más y más eficientes con cada uno de los torneos pasados.
¿CUANTAS INCRIPCIONES BUSCAMOS?

¿COMO SERÁ LA ELIMINACION?
10 jugadores por partido, 5 avanzan hasta la final donde un jugador ganará. 160-80-40-20-10-1

ESTO SE VE BUENO, ¿PUEDES MOSTRARME LOS TORNEOS PASADOS?
http://www.globalunreal.com/KOTR/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ini0Zfh7pVQ
http://www.globalunreal.com/KOTR_III/

¿QUE MAPAS ESTARÁN EN EL MAPLIST?
Un montón diferentes a los primeros tres KOTR. Inicialmente nosotros empezamos con los clásicos mapas de iDM pero planeo tomar una dirección diferente en este torneo. La lista de mapas será completamente nuevo y en lugar de ser un mapa de solo campear el respawn, serán más grandes y orientado al control del mapa. Los cinco mapas finales estarán terminados antes del 22 de septiembre del 2013 y el orden de los mapas será seleccionado por mrgrins al azar en un sombrero mientras que HULKSMASH lejos baila el ukelele.
A pesar de que la lista de mapas no está al 100%, tampoco están al 0%. Serán como DM-Chromium and DM-Bellicose (puedes probarlos si quieres ver el estilo de juego). DM-Ravage y DM-Raskagar tienen buenos chances de hacer pruebas, estaré subiendo unos pocos para probar algunos pugs durante la semana. Sé que la lista de mapas pondrá a las personas fuera de su lugar de confort, los desafío a tomar al toro por los cuernos y tomar el cambio.

QUIERO PRACTICAR!
#iPug .j iDM (hlhf)

YO NO VOY A GANAR POR LO QUE NO ME QUIERO INSCRIBIR..

Ganar es agradable pero hay múltiples caminos para verlo en un torneo como este. Yo no pienso que nunca seré el King of the ring, pero en cada torneo que me inscribo, trato de avanzar tan lejos como puedo. Incluso estar en semis y cuartos de final con tan alto talento es un honor. Busca una meta de cuan tan lejos quieres llegar , si quedas corto (no llegas a esa meta), entra al stream y apoya a mrgrins/UT mientras miras a los TOP TALENT hacer su trabajo.

Adicionalmente, aun si no piensas que puedes llegar lejos, inscríbete y participa solo por el hecho de apoyar el juego y la comunidad. Es un juego de casi 15 años y tenemos el potencial de echar a andar en un día, un torneo de 160 personas. Esto es más que un torneo, es una declaración y para ejecutarlo, necesitaremos todo tu apoyo dentro y fuera del campo de batalla. Hazle saber a la gente sobre esto, desentierra viejos contactos, invita a jugadores de otros juegos, spamea el stream y arriba el bombo para el evento. Me encantaría tener unos cientos de espectadores simultáneos y te prometo que haremos un espectáculo.

APARTE DE LOS BUENOS STREAMS, ¿ALGO MAS PLANEADO?
Información de los mapas mostrando cosas como, quien obtuvo mas Monter kills, quien fue el que mas murió, etc. Además estaremos punteando el desempeño de los países en general y repartiendo puntos basándonos en cuantos jugadores por país llegaron a cada ronda. El sistema estará definido y más detalles sobre estos premios/estadísticas serán presentados en un futuro cercano, pero será interesante ver que países tienen mayor presencia y los mejores frageros.

Inscripciones están abiertas ahora! Inscríbete aquí! (Logeate primero en el foro, y luego podrás inscribirte en la pagina)
http://www.globalunreal.com/KOTR_IV/

Lista de los inscritos:
http://www.globalunreal.com/#tournaments/kotriv

Gracias por leer y si tienes alguna pregunta/comentario/ quejas... postéalos aquí y te responderé oportunamente. Si te quejas, te romperé la rodilla.

Atentamente,

TheIncrediblePACO & The Incredible Post Editado por HULKSMASH
PACO
Horizontally Challenged World Traveller

Re: KOTR #4 ANNOUNCED!

Postby HULKSMASH » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:30 am

PS IT'S NOT TWO M'S IN THE PICTURE. IT'S A CROWN.
HULKSMASH

Postby unrealshots » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:21 am

OHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Image Image ·GU I PBR Quarter Finalist· ·GU II roflnation Winner· ·GU III \\cG Semi Finalist· ·GU IV \\'. Finalist· ·GU V iB. Winner·
unrealshots
Batman

Postby Finalz » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:01 am

looking good, too bad nuke already has this one in the bag. :((
Finalz

Postby Sonic|^ » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:39 am

Looked at the thread title. Sweet KOTR 4. I'll be around for the next 3 weeks, I'm sure I'll make it. Click thread and see October 6. Thanks PACO. Thanks for ONCE AGAIN screwing me out of it. Thanks for scheduling it on my birthday...dick. :evil:
Last edited by Sonic|^ on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image.........
Sonic|^

Postby kylewins » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:59 am

kylewins
Tournament Greeter

Postby Riven » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:28 am

Riven
Olive Oil

Postby HULKSMASH » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:10 am

HULKSMASH

Postby RickJames » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:51 am

Need a link to the sign up list on the main tourney page. Also, I really hope stal is still on the list. Of the few maps which actually work well in this mod, it's the best. It's the standard for a reason.

I don't understand this "control" meta you speak of. Spawnkilling is what adds a control element to idm/itdm (control of best spawn positions). Big boring maps just take away the control element.
RickJames
Kofi Annan

Postby HULKSMASH » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:08 pm

HULKSMASH

Postby kud » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:24 pm

signed up because of new maps
kud
Walder Frey

Postby Riven » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:55 pm

Riven
Olive Oil

Postby frauenarZt » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:12 pm

timoty plx mk newnt code 4 me 2 wins tkxh
frauenarZt

Postby frauenarZt » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:13 pm

9/11 never forget to nevar 4get rip saddam
frauenarZt

Postby 'ZaccyBoy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:36 pm

my goal - get at least 10 kills on the first round
my second goal - get 20 kills
my third goal - get past the first round
my fourth goal - get at least 10 kills on the second round
my last goal - not be the worst :D
'ZaccyBoy

Postby PACO » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:44 pm

80/160 signups...

PACO

Postby csnafk » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:35 pm

Defending champ hasn't even signed up?

rip
csnafk
Barney Gumble

Postby MP/5 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:38 am

its because vitrae already knows that NUKE got this 1 in his pocket ;D
MP/5
MP3

Postby ramdrop » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:33 pm

Image Image Image
ramdrop

Postby LuN/|T¡C » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:45 am

very good

LuN/|T¡C

Postby ph34r » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:25 pm

ANNOUNCE THE FUCKING MAPS ALREADY
(122202:123602:1216) (HU) ya pixie (122202:123602:1218) (HU) i love that (122202:123602:1222) (HU) mmmmmmmm (122202:123602:1226) (HU) MMMMMMMMMMmmm Image
ph34r

Postby Sunny » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:44 pm

Sunny

Postby PACO » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:54 pm

DM-Alcoran - 100%
DM-Bellicose - 100%
DM-Centuries - 100%
DM-Chromium - 100%
DM-Thoth - 95%

Raskasar was removed due to too many exploitable spawns. Map sequence will be picked by mrgrins this weekend. I need some clips of Monster Kills from these maps within the next 48h if you want in on the promo video.

Good day to all.
PACO

Postby Paulie4567 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:15 pm

I got this...
Last edited by Paulie4567 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image-Paulie4567
Paulie4567

Postby NUKE » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:27 pm

No fear i is here

(PACO) was set to 30d
-
(NUKE) Whens my ban off?
(vitrae) 5 weeks 6 days
o_O Okay.
NUKE

Next