3%
PH34R AKA MR. PURE HEART
6%
NUKE AKA THE BURGER BANDIT
12%

Total votes : 89

KOTR #4 CONTENDERS!

Postby PACO » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:12 am

With one of the largest and most ambitious UT tournaments about to take place this Sunday, I decided to do some interviews and get feedback from some of the GlobalUnreal royalty. Ten players made the cut for who I deemed as a conTENder but when the chips are falling this Sunday.. anything can happen. The interviews ranged from humble to hostile with dabs of hilarity mixed in with informative analysis. Without further ado, I'm proud to present the KING OF THE RING #4 contenders and interviews..

Image What are your proudest accomplishments throughout your UT career?
Image This is a hard question. I'm proud of everything to be honest, the big and the small. I remember when I won a div3 weapons cup in a sort of heated final (due to *allping*) and it gave me alot of joy because there was trashtalking and insulting just before the match. It was a really too, which made it even more exciting for me. Apart from that I'm proud of everything man, from winning 1 simple war against SiN in nonzp in a UK server (luck»all) to winning cups with f4e and PrT. I'm also proud of winning KOTR 2 times in a row, especially the first one. I never thought I would do it, I thought uenz was gonna take it home as he was really beasting it so it gave me great joy that I won. The funniest and more enjoyable win for me is still the Survival of the Ficklest though, with MaDTeTa, eno and Morpheus. I never saw that coming, not even a little bit. Was shocking and hilarious at same time (props holder btw :D).
Image What do you think of the new maplist? Will it change who is contending?
Image To be fair I hate the new maplist. I think most maps are orbital sized and catered for high resolution players with giant monitors, wich isnt my case :).

Regarding maps specifically I think DM-Chromium is a bad iDM map. The lifts dont work properly somehow, the boots are essentially useless due to low roofs (read: ramps) and overall the map has way too many ramps aswell as a random layout.

In my opinion it is a bad map for this competition. Other than that I think the new maps were sort of late implemented. In other games (CS/QL) new mappools are announced months before a tournament and I feel it should have happened the same in UT. They should have been released/started to be tested in the summer together with sDOM cup, when people had more time to play UT. But hopefully it will be different in the future, definitely something to take notes about!
Image What player(s) did you look up to when you first started playing UT?
Image I always looked up to Critical. When I started playing UT Portugal had a really large playerbase and there were only 2 good portuguese clans in div1 at the time. Critical played in one of them (PrT) and he was really a phenomenal attacker. He has also alot of integrity and down to earth vibe and I appreciate that in a good player. Pro arrogant players put me off on a general basis, even if they are really good.
Image Are European players overall stronger fraggers than Americans?
Image Honestly I dont know anymore. They used to be and they probably still are. I think both communities grew up with different playstyles. There are quite a few REALLY strong American fraggers though, from rain to JYB, passing through unrealshots and Fallacy (LOOOOL cheater ...) and others. Europe is probably more adapted to suffocating iCTF-like games than America though. Regarding iTDM/iDM there's not much of a *scene* in USA, and Europe always had one.
Image Who do you see as your greatest competition?
Image I think there are a lot of players that can make the final. I can't pinpoint you a specific player as the "biggest competition" to myself because they are all really good. Favorites in my eyes are unrealshots hatchet uenz riven noobx dewsick. But there is a whole new category of uprising players that can sure bring upsets to the table. ph34r, sonic, ravonix, bug, fallacy (only if he is cheating), just to name a few.
Image If NUKE wins his own tournament but there is no one there to see it or participate in it.. Would he actually have won?
Image Yes, he wins a lollypop. Wait. I don’t even know what to say to this. You think lollypop is okay? Ok next.
Image How much pressure do you feel about going for the three-peat and if you don't succeed in getting it now.. do you think it will ever be done?
Image I have no pressure on me right now, if I get it great, if not its no big deal either. I said just before KOTR2 that I was already happy that I won 1, and now I'm even more happy that I already won 2 and in a row. So the pressure is definitely not on me. As far as happening it in the future (3 in a row) I don’t know, but with the community getting more and more competitive it will certainly be harder for everyone. On a side note I have to say I haven’t really been paying much attention to UT in the last months either due to lack of time, and these map changes were obviously designed by PACO to fuck my streak up. There is countless evidence on the forums regarding and he carefully orchestrated this master plan to take me out.
Image Do you have any pre-game rituals you plan on doing before the tournament?
Image No, I usually just listen to some music and have a smoke. It’s not really a ritual though because I do those often...
Image Which old players would you like to see attend KOTR and how well do you think they would fare against the competition today?
Image I would like to see a few players... bng, kosmo and spect because they were really top fraggers and I'm pretty sure they would deliver a great deal of pain effectively, provided they are in shape (and even out of shape they would prolly still do it º_º)! I'd also enjoy seeing eFFeN and Freeman playing these cups, especially ictf! :)
Image Which country do you think will take home the most points and are you looking forward to PACO singing their anthem?
Image USA will probably win it due to having the big majority of the players. Germany and UK both have good chances though, I'm sure both will fill up that final heat with quite a few players and fight for points.
Image USA is a rich country and it makes sense that they have a lot of computer users. I think that we should send some recycled computer parts to Portugal so that they have a chance to catch up.
Image :roll:
Image Are you frustrated that LaG|RickJames is infatuated with Europe but rarely seems to give Portugal any love?
Image No. Portugal never received any love when it comes to UT and we always had somewhat of a bad reputation so I dont think any PT really gives a fuck about any of that :D.. wtf is dat question LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
Image Thank you, this concludes the interview. You have 120 characters to formally close it out.
Image Can I not close it? Shit. idk what to say.

Image I haven't really won that much to take pride in my UT career, however I think the final of KOTR I was close. Winning a few iCTF cups and nations cup was also good. KOTR I was an intense final. It had a very wide variety of skill. However I was pleased in KOTR II when I finished in 5th place and KOTR III 6th place was very surprising with all the uprising talent and improvement of the top players.
Image I'm really digging the new maplist. I think these new maps will really show who can adapt their playstyle the quickest. It had to be curtains for the older maps. Bringing out something new is one of the best things that could happen to GlobalUnreal. I'm a fan of all of the maps which were introduced into KOTR.
Image Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to avoid them in earlier rounds, but it'd have to be unrealshots, riven, rummy, uenz, fallacy, jyb and vitz. This is only a selected few but there are a lot of people who can win.
Image I'm biased. In all seriousness though I think Europe has a slight edge. However very recently America has shown its talent.
Image Who do you see as a dark horse that will surprise the competition?
Image I think mrgrins will make the semifinals. That's my dark horse and I plan on riding him.
Image If you win, will you consider naming your child PACO?
Image Good question! I was asked this earlier by Detox.. Considered!
Image Do you have any pre-game rituals you plan on doing before the tournament?
Image Usually I'll not play for about 4-5 days before a tournament/match. I like the feeling of not playing for a while, it makes me concentrate a lot more because I feel like I have to work on my game. I don't like the 'auto-pilot' feeling of UT, where I feel as though I'm 'too warmed up'.
Image Are you proud to be representing the UK alongside Sir NUKE?
Image I must say I am absolutely thrilled to have this opportunity of playing alongside one of the best players in Europe.
Image Which old players would you like to see attend KOTR and how well do you think they would fare against the competition today?
Image I'll be honest, I'd like to see bng and Misa play. I have no doubt these two would make the final.
Image Are you sexually attracted to either of them?
Image I AM NOT.
Image Which country do you think will take home the most points and are you looking forward to PACO singing their anthem?
Image I think the USA has this one. More players who can potentially fill out a final 10.
Image More confirmation of American superiority..
Image Thank you, this concludes the interview. You have 120 characters to formally close it out.

Image Good luck to all in KOTR. PACO is GAY. HAPPY BDAY SNKY!

Image Playing in several nice clans winning a lot of cups in cb and making it to the finals in two KOTRs. I also enjoyed winning with team Germany in the last nations cup.
Image Some guys in the non-zp sniperarena scene like [PiP]Akuma and [BSC]Sn!perwolf! aka flowX ... and not to forget mdgn was something like a mentor for me he helped me out with a lot of things.
Image I think more players will have chances now to make it far in the tournament. The most maps have a similar layout and a few corners where you can control the map. Overall I like the classic maps more but that’s just me.
Image There are a quite a few guys who imo are great players and some serious competition like serenity, dewsick, unrealshots, uenz, noobx, vitrae, hatchet. Every one of those has the potential to win.
Image I think that the european players have overall a little more experience and many guys from nl,uk,pt or germany are top players in this community.
Image fisk, NUKE
Image How well do you see them placing?
Image making it to the finals or being eliminated in the semis.
Image This is why it is illegal for 17 year olds to gamble..
Image Do you have any pre-game rituals?

Image Sometimes i stretch myself when I've been playing for a long time ^^ and always make sure to have a clear mind while playing itdm/idm.
Image Do you think vitz has what it takes to pull off a three-peat or will he wilt under the pressure? Additionally if he doesn't do it, do you see anyone else capable of accomplishing the feat?
Image I dont think he will win a 3rd time, I haven’t really seen him playing lately and he hasn’t trained that’s for sure. So I would be surprised if he wins a 3rd time. I think hatchet has a good chance of taking the crown.
Image I would love to see a comeback of mdgn,guyver,edo,joschde,bng they would probably take it to the finals if they are back in their shape.
Image Roughly how many litres of malt liquor have you poured for spyzy?
Image many many bottles ...
Image Germany
Image You are known to run with Spyzy and NUKE, both whom have been banned for many combined days in #iPug. Do you choose the wrong crowd or are you the corrupting force?
Image Wow this is an awkward question.
Image **Free Spyzy**

Image Well #1 on my list would have to be winning s2 of globalunreal. That was something that I was wanting to achieve and to at least once win a season in my UT career also playing against the best players in the game and to be considered amongst them is a great achievement. My 2nd would have to be winning a division 3 cup in clanbase against rowdies\\. Their leader was a real douche and always talked trash and complained about anything and everything and that was before I was actually any good at UT.. probably the same time I started pugging in MLIG.
Image This one is tough I had a few people I looked up to and wanted to try to atleast be as good if not better than them if I could ever manage to get to that skill level but it would have to be : Rain,sorn,ph34r.
Image How does it feel knowing that you have clearly surpassed sorn as a primary defender?
Image It is a good feeling knowing you are a good defender and people can count on you to be the primary defender and to surpass somebody you looked up to.. it’s a great feeling.
Image I like the new maps they are a nice changeup from the old maplist they bring a new flow to things its nice to have a change of things. I don’t think it'll change who is contending I just think its who will adapt quicker and better at the end of the day sometimes you gotta adapt and learn new things. It seems some people don't want to do that we will see who those people are in this season.
Image Another good question thats really hard to say it could be anyone within the top 10 depending if they have a good or bad day.. my gut tells me serenity or Morpheus.
Image Neither have signed up yet. Do you think it has anything to do with them being afraid of losing?
Image I know for sure that Morpheus hates to lose so it is possible for him to be afraid of losing since he doesn't have his dark knight around this time to pick him up. As for Serenity I have no idea he did well before maybe he is scared of the new maps or all the top skilled competition.
Image It seems to be that way. There are so many European fraggers that can frag well and outfrag the Americans but when it comes to actually fragging in a deathmatch mod most fall off the bandwagon.
Image I really just clear my head make sure I'm relaxed and comfortable I also keep a bottle of water on my desk just incase shit gets intense.
Image Do you think vitz has what it takes to pull off a three-peat or will he wilt under the pressure? Additionally if he doesn't do it, do you see anyone else capable of accomplishing the feat?
Image I'm sure vitz could pull it off if he is practicing the maps and is on top form but I haven't seen him lately maybe he is secretly practicing maps trying to avoid everyone so he can fly under the radar. If anyone else can do it it would probably be Riven the guy is nuts fragging wise... rarely has an off game but when he does he isn't far from whoever is #1 or #2.
Image What do you think is worse? British people driving on the wrong side of the road or calling their sissy rendition of soccer, 'football'?
Image Calling soccer football.
Image I'd like to see some of the old euros play KOTR like Kosmo, Bng, luxxiz, effen, freeman tons of others I'm sure of that would do well against todays top competition.
Image That's a hard one to answer you always wanna root for your home team or country in this matter USA ftw but there are others out there that could take it you'll never know who is gonna take it.. Totally looking forward to PACO singing their national anthem haha.
Image I wanna thank everyone who supports the community and supports UT I would list people name by name but I don't wanna miss someone way to many people to list...

Image Best moments first would be joining TLB/DHB/Onslaught, they were all the same clan with the same people but we had to keep remaking the clan as we kept getting so low in the ladders nobody would play us. I stayed friends with many of the players from these clans for many years where we had a lot of fun and good laughs it was never about winning as we were very average.

Our first trophy on clanbase! itdm 2004 3rd division! Yep THIRD Division! Back then it wasn’t a cake walk either. 8 groups of 6 clans making a total of 48 clans in Division 3 alone! We managed to come out on top and we were buzzing for days. It felt our hard work chugging away at the bottom of the ladders paid off.

I was also very proud to play in the Nations Cups for Team UK. They were the last games where I would be almost shaking with nerves. These days nothing much phases me.......
Image What player did you look up to when you first started playing UT?

Image I never really looked up to any players, I remember looking at awe at the clan WFH (warlocks from hell aka Royal). Their achievement list on clanbase was ridiculous going off the page. When the clan got deleted it felt like the end of lord of the rings and the land would be safe again....but it also felt like a large piece of UT history died as well.
Image I think it will shake things up a bit and may cause some upsets. I think some big fraggers such as vitz would benefit the most from it, I think if a few other big hitters do not do their research they will find themselves left behind very quickly. I was hoping for normal maps as I wanted to see if I had improved from the last KOTR.
Image I would say the usual suspects, Uenz, Vitz, Unrealshots, Dewsick and Riven.
Image That list is largely European.. Are European players overall stronger fraggers than Americans?
Image I think so yea, although America do bring along some big hitters such as rain jyb and unrealshots but im not sure how they will handle the chaos of 1v1v1v1v1v1v1. We have been playing project frag 2v2v2v2 for many years.
Image Riven has improved a lot (playing a lot recently as well), Dewsick can take it if he has a good day. Bug surprised a lot of people being very good on the hectic maps.
Image I just go for a piss and get a drink. Lately put some music on before the game starts. Although this cup I will be sacrificing a small goat to the UT gods.
Image I appreciate the goat but believe that you accidentally pluralized gods.
Image Is this a war that the Germans can finally win?

Image Germans are always a threat.. Uenz, Noobx, Bug, Riven, Method/Fisk. Sounds like the itdm german nations team. I think they have a better chance than most countries. I think they will come closest to USA in that Countries thing. I think the Pressure is on Riven to lead this assault.
Image Are you proud to be representing the UK alongside Sir NUKE?
Image He’s been hyping himself up a lot, I don’t think he will win unless he’s updated his printer drivers. The more the merrier though and he brings the entertainment.
Image You came out of nowhere on the forums blindsiding people with your tremendous sense of humor. Do you think that people will be startled to see you near the top of the leaderboard or is your skill a known commodity in the community?
Image I dont know, I came second last time and I am allot better now. Although I am having quite a few off days due to being tired from working and the gym. Its on a Sunday though so I should be fresh. No idea what people think of me :).
Image On a scale of 1:10 with 10 being the angriest.. how does the word 'soccer' make you feel?
Image haha you prick
Image I'm gonna sound like hnt but BNG, he's the only player I have played against in itdm or 1v1 idm and felt hopeless against. In the back of my head I really really hoped he was cheating all along. If he was in his prime I’d bet one of my testicles. I'm not sure how well he would responds to newnet though and a lot of people have upped their game hardware-wise. I also would like to see Sens on top form, I never got the better of him in a 1v1 either... Kosmo and Bleh would be good additions on form.
Image German blitzkrieg and I am unsure about your ability to pull off their anthem.
Image Uenz will be tuning my vocal chords with his harmonica.
Image I wish everyone the best of luck and may the mighty gods of UT have mercy on your spawns.

Image Winning 3 iCTF cups in a row on clanbase with TnH I'd say and bear with flowX on ts for such a long time.
Image That would be MNM Isnogood - he raped everyone on the skynet.be servers back in 99.
Image Is it a relief knowing that LaG|RickJames cannot draft you in KING OF THE RING?
Image Yes :D
Image I think it's a huge change - getting people out of their comfort zone is maybe a good thing and we'll maybe see some new stars rising in the next KOTR. Paulie?....
Image Myself.
Image I can’t help but notice that you are approaching your dirty thirties. Are you worried about them impacting your gaming?
Image What I lack in reaction time I make up with my experience. No worries at all!
Image Yes.
Image Rick James
Image A dark horse with broken legs. Interesting answer.

Image Don't think so - I'm betting on WWIII
Image I smoke a cigarette and warm my hands in my underpants.
Image Does it relax you?
Image It arouses me.
Image This interview is arousing me.

Image Tbh I haven't seen vitz playing for quite some time so I can't really tell. But Unrealshots is looking really good at the moment. So I guess if I had to name one I'd go for Unrealshots.. maybe that's only because I hate his playstyle against me :D.
Image Thoughts on NUKE in 200 words or less?
Image Best counter strike map ever.
Image I feel like you are avoiding the question. Is this because you are intimidated? What do you think of the suggestion that vitz is banning NUKE so that he cannot practice?
Image Let me start by saying that I'm going into that tournament without any ambitions - I won't practise a lot before and don't feel any pressure. But if NUKE is participating I really don't wanna lose to him so I guess banning him is a good idea to keep it comfortable for me.
Image Is it true that Strudel to Germany is the equivalent of Burgers to America?
Image I guess you're not so well informed here. Apfelstrudel is common only in the southern parts of Germany. Schnitzel would be a better equivalent for burgers!
Image #teamnuke

Image Freeman but he would just utterly fail I think :D. He never was the fragging kind of guy though.
Image Is it true that you danced to David Hasselhoff at your graduation?
Image I danced WITH David Hasselhoff when he tore down the Berlin wall!
Image I think the USA will get the most points because of the sheer number of participants - and I'm looking forward to hearing PACO sing no matter what!
Image Thanks for making me leave Final Fantasy XIV:ARR for the interview and waste my time.
Image And thank you for channeling your inner-noobX :D

Image I think probably the moment I felt the greatest sense of "accomplishment" (if you can call it that) would've been turning my hand to each gametype. It kicked off from the nwCTF Nations Cup XI on ClanBase where due to the Austrians being caught cheating (radar lols) we were gifted a playoff spot after getting raped in the group stages and went on to take Gold. Following that, I took golds with sas in nwTDM, Sanctuary in nwCTF, SsK and unL in saCTF, Sinister in iCTF, and also captained the UK team to gold in the iCTF Nations Cup.
Image Hands down it'd have to be zulg, from fooze. In terms of instagib it would probably be DT.
Image Absolutely, half of DM is map knowledge and comfort. Everybody knows how to play Stalwart and everybody knows what it's like to find that "flow". I think in terms of who will be contending yes, there's always going to be the close-minded people that turn their noses up to new maplists because it's out of the comfort zone.
Image I don't really see myself as a strong contender for KOTR. It's definitely not my turf. If I had to say who would be my personal favourite it'd be vitz.
Image You’re so humble, it’s making me blush.

Image I think overall yes. I've always looked at NA players as smarter players. I think there is definitely a longer list of players I'd consider "strong fraggers" in the European community, however I personally think quite highly of a lot of the American players in terms of their strategy.
Image I recently compared you to a Charizard when Rick was considering picking you? Is this a fair comparison?
Image I feel I'm more of a squirtle. Jess o/
Image I never start a game of UT without a cold drink and a cigarette. Also, I always have to make sure I'm facing Mecca when I play, sup rum.
Image I'm going to make a big shout out to my main man BosnaK, I actually witnessed his UT cherry being popped on Stalwart 1v1 vs PACO, and I knew from then on we would be friends.
Image I have recently been getting pm's about people asking for a lock of your hair. Would this be something that you would be willing to auction or donate to the community?
Image My hair is legally owned by RickJames, all transactions and donations must go through him.
Image but the requests were coming mostly from Rick..
Image Oh, well.. this is awkward.
Image I'd love to see players like luxxiz or bng compete, luxxiz for the skill, and bng for the ego factor.
Image Which German player is most likely to start their day off with strudel on the big day?
Image Not much else to say other than thank you once again PACO for demonstrating how much of my life I have wasted to date.

Image I'd say my proudest accomplishment was being considered of the strongest instagib North American players for a couple years with my old pc setup. Back when I was considered $1000. I still am a siiick cuuunt, I just don't play as much as I used to and I lost a little of that magic touch.
Image Vagrantsniper on the provinggrounds ladder. He held long undefeated streaks in every 1v1 mod.
Image I think so. A lot of people have a lot of the classic maps such as stalxl memorized. I never am good at memorizing spawn kills when it's chaos and havoc. But on unfamiliar maps where people don't know the spawns inside out...I will bend them over.
Image Vitz is going to be the biggest competitor in the tournament. He's a very consistent and smart player...reminds me of myself, but only weaker. :)
Image Rain is surprisingly absent from the signup sheet. Why do you think that he is not playing and if he was, how much of a challenge would he pose to you?
Image Rain is a pussy. He has no chance at winning which is why he won't sign up. He poses 0 threat to me...when it comes down to a measure of who can frag more...I’m gonna win 10/10 vs. rain.
Image Answer to that question is a yes only because Europeans take the game more seriously than Americans do. A lot of the euro's play in multiple clans and play the game like it's their life and religion...less than a handful of players put in that time from America.
Image I'm gonna go with NUKE because I think he's a scumbag.
Image Speaking of NUKE.. do you think that vitz is banning him from #iPug because he is scared to face him this Sunday?
Image It's quite possible that vitz is scheming something like that, after all...he's not a true siiick cuuuunt. If I were admin, I wouldn't ban NUKE... I'd welcome him to pug all he wants, because he ain't getting past this siiick cuuunt.
Image None...true siiick cunts don't need rituals...they are just siiick cuuunts.
Image Tyler drives to your house in 30mins, equipped with a BlackBerry ready to videotape you.. the map is CTF-Duku and you are playing: Rain, Serenity, Banko, ph34r and Dewsick.. how many frags do you drop?
Image I'd get more frags than Rain and ph34r combined.
Image I'd like to see bng join KOTR. That guy is one fat ass siiick cuuunt.
Image As the finale to this interview, I'm giving you the luxury to say almost anything that you want to conclude it.. Tell us your unfiltered thoughts and it was an honor to have this back and forth with a living legend.
Image Unreal Tournament is the best video game known to mankind. Anyone that didn't play this game, has truly missed out. I am happy and thankful to honestly see this game go this far and still be alive and kicking, there's nothing more I can ask for. I'm amazed at how much more active the UT99 scene feels like compared to 4-5 years ago. It's like it hasn't even stopped. Big shoutout to PACO, he's the fucking man. Just a message for everyone else out there...ever since I burnt out my 22" CRT monitor AND my 8800gt video card, I was never able to play to that 50acc consistency that I used to. I think one of the reasons why I GET SO ANGRY SOMETIMES is because i know how it feels to play that good...so when you sizing me up...remember, I'm only playing at no more than 50% of my potential, whereas most people are playing at their 100%... just imagine 100% jyb... just imagine... or just ask those that played me during my prime days.

Image Forming synergy and rawkfist and the games we played together will definitely be the fondest memories. Making Cy ragequit finals of proving grounds 1v1 ig tournament when I didn’t even play instagib. Going undefeated in ph34r vs the world 3 times in a row. Voted #1 player in every mlig I ever signed up for to my knowledge. Never losing to PACO. More rings than anyone by a lot.
Image Skulldor, my pops.
Image I’ve spec'd the kotr maps enough to know that theyre all a lot better than i expected though. You did good.
Image I did well.
Image Centuries is still extremely exploitable spawn-wise. As long as that’s not the Finals map it’ll be ok though.. rest are solid.
Image Do you think they put the top 10 from last year at a disadvantage or will the playing field adapt?
Image Top 10 are still gonna have the advantage because they have the best aim in the community, but do I expect the same top 10 to make finals this time? Certainly not. Players who are naturally skilled at aiming will have an inherent advantage rather than just learning spawnkills on a map. Most of the top players are capable of doing both though..
Image Judging by recent pug performances I’d have to say Riven is the favorite to win right now.
Image NUKE and Solidsnake.
Image How well do you think you will fare in the tournament? You have received some nods from the other contenders..
Image Haven’t been practicing and haven’t played any of the maps so obviously I expect to win.
Image I can’t think of any. What I would like to see is some of the top guys from today playing like uenz, jyb and shots.
Image They already are playing, I thought you would mention Morpheus and Serenity.
Image Morph and Serenity are CTF fraggers. They’d do well but I don’t think they’d win. jyb is a CTF fragger as well, he won’t win. Knowing spawn points on duku aren’t gonna help you.
Image I mean is that really even a question? Results speak for themselves. The best european fraggers are not leaps and bounds better than North American fraggers or anything but overall? No doubt there are more good Euro fraggers than American fraggers.
Image If you’re referring to country competition, no. If you mean a German winning the whole thing, its certainly probable.There are plenty enough good American fraggers to get deep enough.
Image http://i.imgur.com/oyM3bMG.jpg

Image Gotto be oldschool dm, but making people angry is fun too. No but seriously. People take me way too serious i don't get angry over this game.
Image Hm, have to be s34k3r but turned out to be cheating cool guy tho.
Image I've not seen any of the maps as of yet so dno.
Image Do you think that vitz wanted you banned because he saw you as a threat?
Image Don't know don't care bout vitz at all ;p he seems pretty persistent to get on my case all the time following and commenting on everything that has my name on it.
Image Not seen anyone play real idm as of yet, would like to think uenz.
Image TSM.
Image Which player(s) do you think will choke and have early exits?
Image rum, kyle, bleh, finalz.
Image As from what i've experienced, yes.
Image Scratchin mi nuts.
Image Interesting, you and uenz have a lot in common!
Image Do you think vitz has what it takes to pull off a three-peat?

Image No, he just has stronger players who will be out to stop him, including me.
Image Oldschool players would be nonzp so kind of out of question, Erm bng making an appearance or even nationz & staci :)
Image Have you been unfairly branded and will you look to change your reputation?
Image I'll keep myself to myself. Other peoples opinion on me is their own.
Image Are you looking forward to representing the UK with hatchet and bleh?
Image Who? :)
Image Is Riven a corrupting force or does he just run with the wrong crowd?
Image defo corrupting force :D
Image Surprised to see you throw your friend under the bus but not surprised to see the uenz smile… :D

Image hf. :)

This concludes the KOTR #4 contender post. If you feel that you deserved to make the list and that I overlooked you, I'm dreadfully sorry but you'll have your opportunity to show that you belong this Sunday October 6th @ 3:30pm EST. The poll pertains to who you WANT to win and not who you think will win (ph34r can now get some votes).

I hope that everyone enjoyed the read and there will be lots more coverage and content for the Fall season of GlobalUnreal. Thanks to the interviewees for their time and HULKSMASH for the fantabulous graphics.

Peace and love to most of you,

PACO

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PACO
Horizontally Challenged World Traveller

Re: KOTR #4 CONTENDERS!

Postby n0b » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:16 am

tl;dr
n0b

Postby Sponge » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:53 am

SHAZBOT
Sponge

Postby RickJames » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:06 am

This is a great thread except for missing noobX, the runner up in the second-to-last KOTR.

But excellent work, loved the interviews. This is my favorite thread on this forum. I am extremely conflicted as to who I should vote for, though :/
RickJames
Kofi Annan

Postby kud » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:12 am

nice interviews. nuke was born for this
kud
Walder Frey

Postby RickJames » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:25 am

RickJames
Kofi Annan

Postby unrealshots » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:30 am

Rofl.. amazing good post way better than I expected.
Image Image ·GU I PBR Quarter Finalist· ·GU II roflnation Winner· ·GU III \\cG Semi Finalist· ·GU IV \\'. Finalist· ·GU V iB. Winner·
unrealshots
Batman

Postby Finalz » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:44 am

nice interviews, really like the hype around KOTR, and calling people out :D.
SHOTS FIRED!!
Finalz

Postby Dewsick » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:51 am

Real great read.
More like this!
(23:04:46) holder › y shut up (23:04:47) holder › little bitch (23:05:00) vitrae › SRY (23:05:00) vitrae › BRO (23:05:04) vitrae › went to the kitchen (23:05:05) vitrae › get some (23:05:08) vitrae › glass of milk
Dewsick
Hans Moleman

Postby Sonic|^ » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:06 am

Winner will have an *
Image.........
Sonic|^

Postby Riven » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:36 am

Amazing interviews!!
Being the youngest in this list has an advantage for sure ... best reaction :D

I would put my gfx as my signature but its too big :/
Riven
Olive Oil

Postby Monk » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:37 am

Image Your exceptional track record of failing to complete writeups appears to be at an end. Is this you turning over a new leaf or was this originally going to be a top 20?
Image Fuck you.

------

In all seriousness though, excellent write up, enjoyable read.
Monk
Salty

Postby HULKSMASH » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 am

ps. +50 style points for Monk.
pps. @Riven, accept this
HULKSMASH

Postby Riven » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:59 am

Thank You! :D
Riven
Olive Oil

Postby FALLACY » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:32 am

<3 vitz ;)
FALLACY

Postby Morpheus » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:56 am

Nice interviews.

I don't join competitions in order just to win, i joined Survival of the Ficklest and i knew we had no chance to win it, we ended up winning somehow against all odds.

I did not join the first KOTR because i did not even know about its existence. I did not join the KOTR 2 because i hate curse and i would refuse to play it in the finals if i got there lol i probably won't join this KOTR because i just don't want to learn new maps, specially itdm maps :lol:

Unrealshots carried the team like all 5/6 members did, saying he's not there to pick me up is looooooooooooooool :D You better check your own shoutcast/stream bro, not only the finals but our way to finals :lol: Might change your mind :mrgreen:

If this was the old maps i'd name vitz to win it, but isn't so i have to vote for vitz :lol:
Image Image Sponsored by: Banko
Morpheus
Robin

Postby unrealshots » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:28 am

I was hoping a little shit talk would make you join but obviously it didnt work.
Image Image ·GU I PBR Quarter Finalist· ·GU II roflnation Winner· ·GU III \\cG Semi Finalist· ·GU IV \\'. Finalist· ·GU V iB. Winner·
unrealshots
Batman

Postby rain » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:06 am

Image Global.iCTF I - Champions (·shøckWave·)
rain

Postby PACO » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:15 am

PACO
Horizontally Challenged World Traveller

Postby heavy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:16 am

hatchet wins this
heavy

Postby Morpheus » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:44 am

I've only admired itdm as a team game, i am a team player. I never really enjoyed the 2v2v2v2 much less free for all. If i think i'd have fun playing 5 hours on a sunday on totally new maps i'd probably do it, but i know i won't. I only join when i know i'm going to have a good time. I will probably like better seeing mr grins shoutcast. If somehow someone is missing, i can sub, but that is pretty much it for me ;)

GO PT CLAIM ALL TITTLES IN GU
Image Image Sponsored by: Banko
Morpheus
Robin

Postby Solidsnake » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:48 am

Why didn't i get an interview mang ?!
ImageImage
Solidsnake

Postby Sonic|^ » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:49 am

who's bng? :shock: