Pretenders:
FALLACY, HuMPtY, PACO

Missing In Action:
JYB, sorn, Pete, krazyaim

Latino Heat:
vdk, maik, Spriggan

Dark Horses:
ph34r, Cy, flowX

Going into this tournament, I think that a lot of people can win the title. The three strongest and most consistent fraggers thus far have been vitz, uenz and unrealshots. The finals will be ridiculous. The talent pool is fantastic and whoever puts on the crown will have to endure a grueling 20mins of StalXL mayhem.

-Dew will try to reclaim his crown, when he catches heat, he can play at a godlike level. Just needs to maintain consistency going into it.

-Serenity capped solo O against a stacked team on Esprit. Let's see if he can translate his fragging to iDM:

-Morph is known for fragging too heavily in pugs and getting banned for it. This is your free pass to go buckwild.

-IR was a beast in the last tournament and can never be counted out. I have no doubt that he'll make the finals but I'm not sure of his track record in big games.

-noobX is the T-Mac to uenz Vince but word on the street is that noobX is taking his talents to Orlando and is about to drop some big numbers.

No one wants to be on the pretenders list however I feel that FALLACY, HuMPtY and myself form a trio of overinflated egos that are about to be popped on Sunday. I'm still recovering from MaGma outfragging me last time around however I feel like these two peacocks will have their feathers plucked while they strike a pose for the camera.

MISSING IN ACTION!!!

-JYB.. still recovering from a nasty yeast infection.

-sorn.. "battered women syndrome is no joke."

-Pete.. still trying to reconcile his differences with Mother Nature.

-krazyaim.. "Haveeng blue screen of death. Please reboot me."

I put in a section for Latino Heat. vdk, maik and Spirggan are all relatively unknown to this community but the three can frag. I don't see any of them taking the title on their first rodeo but I can see them elevating to heavy hitter status in the near future if they continue to play with us.

Last but not least, my dark horses. I don't think that they are on the top of anyone's lists however ph34r, Cy and flowX have a chance at going all of the way. ph34r rarely plays UT these days but the few times that I have seen him, he has been sharp. Cy is known for his potent offense however he can frag with the big boys, I'm expecting that he surprises a few people in the tournament. Last but not least is Mr. flowX himself. The man has no shortage of detractors and many will want to see him fall but he has sharp aim and could really leapfrog some people from this underdog role.

As far as country representation in the finals, I'm not sure who to side with yet. I think it will come down to UK/US for the most participants in the finals but GER/CAD/PT can all contend if they squeeze in some last minute participants.

More content to come as the tournament approaches. New iDM pub launching tonight or tomorrow for whoever is looking to get in some extra practice.
PACO
Horizontally Challenged World Traveller

Re: KOTR #2 CONTENDERS/PRETENDERS

Postby HuMPtY » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:18 pm

i GUARANTEE PACO wont make the final , and ill do better than him !

also vitz will win
uenz second
unrealshots will flop
cy will make the final
phears a has been
noobx will make top5
Last edited by HuMPtY on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby PACO » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:21 pm

HuMPtY on matchday:

I might not make the finals but you'll definitely be on my sinking ship and I expect you to drown first.
PACO
Horizontally Challenged World Traveller

Postby FALLACY » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:27 pm

I'd like to say being on the pretenders list has offended me greatly. If I can make it to play on sunday you can gaurentee I'm going full JYB mode. I'm talking busting out the old CRT, drawing lines on my desk, rocking the headband and switching to old inis. PACO if by some miracle you make it far enough and we meet in a round together, just know im gunning for you nickelback.

FALLACY

Postby HuMPtY » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:50 pm

HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby RickJames » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:32 pm

Bring it on, PACO

RickJames
Kofi Annan

Return to UT99 Tournaments