Massive League Map Overhaul

irc.utchat.com #uPug

Massive League Map Overhaul

Postby khxmz » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:48 pm

Originally posted on proU, but wanted to get some feedback from here as well:

During my recent map work for GU's sDOM tournament, n0b was able to create static cameras to be placed throughout maps in order for streamers/specs to quickly snap to the action from an aerial perspective. m3ss has asked me to add these cameras to our MLCTF maplist for future tournaments. While I'm doing that I figured it was time to do a massive bug fix for maps that need it. If you have a bug or suggested map change please post and I'll update the main thread. Also vote for what you think the uniform map tag should be. Thanks -khxmz

-Take out ability to drop through glass at vials?

-Fix the damn lift
-Keep amp? (up for discussion)
-Keep drop windows? (up for discussion)

-Shift+DEL?
-try my version with IG flag stand with a hole instead of a lift?

-Update textures of map or keep the same?
-Update stairs to play as ramps but keep the visual of stairs (a technique used in every 2k4/UT3 map as well as maps I've made recently for smooth gameplay)

-I should be able to add the cameras, but any other work is most likely impossible without the original map with brushes visible in UED

-need euro input

-its perfect.

-cant think of anything

-fix small visual bug by belt
-fix orange glow (tried before and failed but I'll try again)

-need euro input

-?

-its perfect.

-possible stairs -> ramp upgrade in bunker, not sure it needs it though

-ramp to stairs upgrade

-fix hall of mirrors in low

-fix the stairs both in mid and front door. this may be either an invisible ramp or actual ramp, havent decided yet. (theyre buggy as hell and annoy me every time i play the map, this has been needed since map was made)
-I will do the changes TimTim made for his #upug version (removing pillars to improve performance), however I am going to keep one of the pillars above the map to make the flag -> keg piston still somewhat difficult
-possible work on zoning in the flag room to prevent so many spoke spawns

-?

-map plays ok, still may be in need of a change here or there (discuss)

-possible stair to ramp upgrade from mini to shock, though it probably doesnt need it

-need euro input, Shift+DEL?

-compromise on door size, up for discussion

-chicken made a new version, didnt see the feedback (discuss)

-need euro input

Vote for the uniform map tag you like the best (or post your own ideas):
CTF-Orbital-ProU
CTF-Orbital-GU
CTF-Orbital-GG
CTF-Orbital-2013
CTF-Orbital-fin

PS. how the f do you create a poll on here?
khxmz

Re: Massive League Map Overhaul

Postby Bizmonkey » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:26 pm

Khxmz, rock on brotha.

Terra: I fear change.

Arean: Maybe make the sniper window opening a little bigger? Easier to trans in and out of. Don't think it matters, really, just a thought.

Azcanize: I like the amp, though I've never played the euro/no amp version. Replacing amp with a keg? Keg is every 90 seconds, right? Could make mid more interesting than an amp every 2 belts. More timing required.

I think any ramp to stairs upgrade is a good thing. MAYBE not in the McSwartzly bunker.
Last edited by Bizmonkey on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bizmonkey

Postby kud » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:19 pm

kud
Walder Frey

Postby m3ss » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:22 pm

Thanks for taking on such an arduous task, khemz. It's the efforts of people like you that keep this community going. I'll try to address each of your suggestions while making a few of my own.

-Take out ability to drop through glass at vials? - Yes, definitely fix this issue. Other than that I think this map is excellent.

-Fix the damn lift - Dear God yes PLEASE!!!
-Keep amp? (up for discussion) - I don't think most people will agree to removing the amp...except maybe me.
-Keep drop windows? (up for discussion) Leave them in.

-Shift+DEL? - I C WUT U DID DER. tbh I wouldn't mind seeing this map go the way of the dodo.
-Switch shock rifle and flak cannon?
-One belt in mid above amp.

-Update textures of map or keep the same? - I like the way Boll looks. It has a certain charm to it.
-Update stairs to play as ramps but keep the visual of stairs (a technique used in every 2k4/UT3 map as well as maps I've made recently for smooth gameplay) - Yes! Excellent idea and should be the standard!

-I should be able to add the cameras, but any other work is most likely impossible without the original map with brushes visible in UED - Good. No other work needed imo. :D

-need euro input - I like this map as is tbh.

-its perfect. - Perfectly amazeballs!

-cant think of anything - Because you don't need to. It's great.

-fix small visual bug by belt - Yes please.
-fix orange glow (tried before and failed but I'll try again) - Double yes!

-need euro input - This map is such a bastardization now and I liked almost all of the iterations. I like most of the changes, but I think the high route is just awkward.

-? - Fine I guess. I'm lukewarm on this map.

-its perfect. - Indeed.

-possible stairs -> ramp upgrade in bunker, not sure it needs it though - I would say leave it alone. No need to burden yourself with cosmetic upgrades. There's REAL work to be done!

-ramp to stairs upgrade - Same as McShitty.

-fix hall of mirrors in low - Oh hell yeah!

-fix the stairs both in mid and front door. this may be either an invisible ramp or actual ramp, havent decided yet. (theyre buggy as hell and annoy me every time i play the map, this has been needed since map was made)
-I will do the changes TimTim made for his #upug version (removing pillars to improve performance), however I am going to keep one of the pillars above the map to make the flag -> keg piston still somewhat difficult
-possible work on zoning in the flag room to prevent so many spoke spawns

- Great map. Leave alone.

-map plays ok, still may be in need of a change here or there (discuss) - I personally love this map, but open to suggestions.

-possible stair to ramp upgrade from mini to shock, though it probably doesnt need it - Cosmetics. Don't worry about it.

-need euro input, Shift+DEL? - Don't bother. People hate this map.

-compromise on door size, up for discussion - I love Terra. I think it's perfect, but the way people play it these days makes it beyond gay, so I agree it needs to be up for discussion at this point.

Naming Convention Suggestions:

CTF-Orbital-STD (Standard)
CTF-Orbital-LE2013
| |
m3ss

Postby kud » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:33 pm

I've never been bothered by p4ce spawns (maybe it affects offense somehow?) otherwise pretty much in agreement with m3ss.
kud
Walder Frey

Postby khxmz » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:45 am

TY for the generous reply m3ss. I also really like both STD and LE2013 for map tags. From what I've seen so far in this thread and the one on proU, most people are in agreement. Definitely a clear cut list that needs no alterations, agreement on the minor bug fixes here and there, and then you have Azcanize and Terra. I think at this point having seperate US and Euro versions for both is probably the way to go.
khxmz

Postby InfamousRaider » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:18 am

I was thinking LE2013-EU and LE2013-US for the maps with different versions.
InfamousRaider

Postby Bizmonkey » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:35 pm

Bizmonkey

Postby Sezco24 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:15 pm

Sezco24

Postby m3ss » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:56 pm

| |
m3ss