uPug and LemonTree Merge

irc.utchat.com #uPug

uPug and LemonTree Merge

Postby detox » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:00 pm

The CTF community has been in limbo the past couple months due to community division, this is about to come to an end. We have brought on board sLY, zack, and sorn to help bridge the gap of making #uPug the most competitive channel possible while still keeping its original values intact. New bot features will be implemented soon and reg.ctf will make its return alongside newnet.

Stay tuned for more details and future league announcements. #uPug

Last edited by detox on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
detox
Biblical Figure

Re: uPug and LemonTree Merge

Postby Carras » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:14 pm

doesn't take a wep player to tell you that having newnet and reg available will only divide the community

EDIT: LOLOL HERE COMES ANOTHER NEWNET THREAD JAJAJAJA
Carras
Maybe Next Time...

Postby detox » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:21 pm

detox
Biblical Figure

Postby djoh » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:58 pm

Slander and defamation are no way to make friends detox. What did I ever do to you, and what exactly did I ever do to earn the title "ruthless dictator"? Anyway I'll set that aside for a minute because I want to say some other things.

First, I wish you guys well trying to get upug up and running at a high level. I pugged newnet the other night, and on the whole, I liked it a lot. I wish the sniper rof hadn't changed, and I had a couple issues trying to bring up trans instantaneously on spawn like i always do, but other than that, I think it plays really well. I fully intend to keep pugging there when I have time, and I hope the frequency of ctf pugs increases.

Secondly, I hope you guys are serious about trying to get a CTF tournament underway soon, because for my money, there's no gametype in UT to match the excitement of good old fashioned NW CTF. And it's pretty clear that MLUT is on indefinite hiatus.

But I have to say, this move of opping sly and zack (I'm leaving sorn out of this; he's cool- just don't expect him to do much aside from resetting the occasional pug) is a step in the wrong direction. I thought you guys billed this place as somehow different than what the UT community used to be like; I thought the grown-ups were in charge. I don't feel the need to go into the extensive evidence regarding sly's past abuses, which stretch back over a decade and are pretty much common knowledge. Like I pm'd Tim, didn't you guys learn anything from mlut's mistakes? Give sly an inch and he takes a mile. Try to reign him in and he'll hold something hostage.

He might run a successful 1v1 DM tournament for you (I'm assuming that's the first thing you're going to hold). He might be on his best behavior for a month, maybe two. But when it comes time for the main event (a NW CTF tournament), his basic nature will get the best of him, and if you're not willing to give him 100% control over it and accept all the random bans/rulings/drama that will come down, you need to reconsider your direction right now. Trust me, no one knows better than I do how impossible the man is to manage.

He's a megalomaniac, and he only cares about power. He pm'd me daily for a while after he gave up on newnet a couple weeks ago. He said it's only good for NA vs EU, and he wanted control of mlut. It was only after I finally told him that hell would freeze over before i gave him power again that he decided to approach you guys, and you've fallen for it. I hope it wasn't desperation that motivated you to make this move; hang in there and you'll get more/better pugs. People aren't staying away from newnet because they have something against it; they just have no reason to play as long as there's nothing going on. Let sezmar or whoever run a tournament and pugs will be going off non-stop, I'm sure of it.

As for zack, he's just sly's stooge and toady. Nuff said. Let them keep playing CS every night, and make something happen without selling out your purported values to these two unstable clowns.
djoh

Postby TimTim » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:35 am

GlobalUnreal is not prounreal. The toxic atmosphere that prou was dependent on does not exist here. And in the event that its shit show cancer tries to spread to GU, it will not be tolerated. Everyone knows what the deal is, so your comments on sLY and zack were unnecessary and really only serve to stir things up. So please refrain from trying to turn your argument into a self-fulfilling prophecy.
TimTim

Postby djoh » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:05 am

your response is a deductive fallacy, but whatever. i'll still pug your mod in the channel you've let the wolves loose in despite this unnecessarily harsh reprimand for stating my opinion.
djoh

Postby detox » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:25 am

Last edited by detox on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
detox
Biblical Figure

Postby Diff`lx » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:39 am

Diff`lx

Postby RickJames » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi, I came in #upug today to find everyone devoiced, and sly manually voicing players who he deemed worthy to pug.

I simply stated "everyone should have voice in here, this isn't mlut" and sLY kick banned me from the channel.

djoh's post was absolutely justified, do we really have to go into sLY's history here? Making him an admin is absurd, this isn't me exaggerating.

Please unban me someone.
RickJames
Kofi Annan

Postby Dray » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:53 pm

Dray

Postby sLY » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:07 pm

What's up guys. We're looking at starting up high level REG CTF with the LemonTree gametype in #upug. djoh, you are actually voiced and are welcome to give it a shot. The rules for LemonTree access are simple (just as they were in #lemontree).

- Microphone Required
- Play your assigned position
- Try
- Perform adequately with your ping (as LemonTree is a reg gametype for now).

Rick, 1v1?
Last edited by sLY on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sLY

Postby ph34r » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:07 pm

100% did not read djoh's post. keep up the good work GU
(122202:123602:1216) (HU) ya pixie (122202:123602:1218) (HU) i love that (122202:123602:1222) (HU) mmmmmmmm (122202:123602:1226) (HU) MMMMMMMMMMmmm Image
ph34r

Postby sLY » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:11 pm

sLY

Postby Bizmonkey » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:04 am

Bizmonkey

Postby TimTim » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:57 am

Everything still operates as normal. You don't need voice to join any mod except for LemonTree.
TimTim

Postby kud » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:53 am

#upug has the life blood. rise
kud
Walder Frey

Postby mintek » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:31 pm

Rick you should have looked at what was happening instead of complaining right away imo. You only need voice to join the lemontree gametype, if you are not voiced its because you currently dont qualify for it. This is actually a brilliant idea, instead of spawning a bunch of privates channel. Eventually you will qualify mabye and be voiced? Pretty sure like always these voice required pugs wont be the most played. Hell looking at sly posts now... it sounds like the requirements are very, very low? To be honest so low it serves next to no purpose vs regctf.

In short you lost nothing, stop your tears.
mintek

Postby detox » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:51 pm

detox
Biblical Figure

Postby mintek » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:58 pm

mintek

Postby RickJames » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:38 pm

RickJames
Kofi Annan

Postby Diff`lx » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:33 pm

Lemontree is a great way to keep Melissa from ruining pugs
Diff`lx

Postby detox » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:04 am

detox
Biblical Figure

Postby RickJames » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:54 am

It's kind of ironic that you quote that actually.

That 2nd quote is from an old post in an old thread you made, back when I was unaware of sly's history in the UT community. Calling sly a "ut visionary" was me being facetious, but right after I made that exact post you're quoting, I got a pm from PACO on IRC explaining why I was a moron for thinking people like sly should be involved in this community. It was PACO himself who explained to me why I shouldn't trust people like sly and chicken. And like usual, he was right.
RickJames
Kofi Annan

Postby TimTim » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:26 am

Shhhhhh... guys. There's no point in discussing any of this further. Let the past be the past. And let's all just relax and be positive about the future, shall we?

When people constantly look for issues, rather than reasons for an idea to work, nothing ever gets done.

Good things happen when people work together despite their differences.
TimTim

Postby detox » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:00 am

detox
Biblical Figure

Next

Return to #uPug