Other coders here should appreciate this

Gaming and Community discourse.

Other coders here should appreciate this

Postby TimTim » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:16 am

11:00 to 15:00 is the good stuff. Epic has actually incorporated a simpler version of this concept in UE4, but to be able to develop like this in any environment would be a godsend. If only this was possible when I made newnet, it would have taken a small fraction of the time.
TimTim

Re: Other coders here should appreciate this

Postby kud » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:55 am

nice vid
kud
Walder Frey

Postby ulo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:01 am

Only watched the minutes you suggested, but damn it looks really amazing! The things people come up wit!
Image Image Image
ulo

Postby Sonic|^ » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:49 am

Posting for later.
Image.........
Sonic|^

Postby Hinata » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:36 am

Oh my god, this is a kind of Live Coding or something.

Checkout @ 30' also. Completely insane... how fast you can do a flash animation. :shock:
Rule 30: Players won't be judged equally for breaking the same rule.
Hinata

Postby faithless » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:12 pm

awesome post, interesting video!!!
faithless

Postby Bizmonkey » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:49 pm

The applause at the sequence around 13:00 :lol: :lol:

But in all seriousness: impressive stuff.
Bizmonkey

Postby DREW-TANg » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:26 am

"Wow. Suddenly all of my tools feel obsolete."
DREW-TANg

Postby blade » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:41 pm

I finally got around to watching this so I wanted to share my thoughts. Good find, Timtim.

This is damn cool, and the implications of this are widespread. I don’t understand why nobody has thought of incorporating this before into java or python or other programming languages (I only know how to program in Java/Python - I'm still a newb). It can make programming so much easier and simpler to work with instead of having to stop and spend valuable time to fix every minor error, save, run, and re-do between every compilation. Very often, having to troubleshoot code is like pulling hair. This is also great for non-programming languages like HTML/CSS. To some degree, I believe dreamweaver can do little bit of this, but not ANYWHERE to this degree (you still have to hit save manually so you cannot do it on the fly).

I believe there is also important stuff after 35 minute marker. What he says applies to not just coding, but the idea can be applied to life as a whole as well. Imagine being able to figure out potential outcomes before you decide something or as you decide it. It would almost be a perfect world if it were possible. That is what we try to do everytime we argue with ourselves what the right/wrong thing to do is. Justice, morality, ethics, our values, etc all stem from this.

47 minutes and onwards is also very intriguing where he ends by talking about his experiences, his principles, and what led him to be who he is. I found it deep and thought-provoking. This guy is a very good speaker. Ideas and innovation is what I find truly inspirational - this guy is filled with them. Again, very good find.
Image Hope. Inspire. Dream. Live.
blade

Postby csnafk » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:20 am

This is pretty awesome. I've been involved with programmers and the programming community for about 4 years and this stuff is so amazing. I've watched people do stuff like this (not with video games tho) and it's so incredible. Stealing the vid, thanks for the share Timmay
csnafk
Barney Gumble

Return to General Discussion