buying a mechanical keyboard - help needed

Gaming and Community discourse.

buying a mechanical keyboard - help needed

Postby MP/5 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:21 pm

Hi guys,
I am probably gonna buy the "CM storm trigger mechanical gaming (brown switch)" tomorrow and i was wondering if anybody uses it and can share the good the bad and the ugly about it.
I don't really play anything besides UT on my PC and it will mostly be used for typing and coding. ATM i am using a simple membrane keyboard so i am hoping for a big upgrade...
How does it function in UT? how noisy is it?
Help would be appreciated!
MP/5
MP3

Re: buying a mechanical keyboard - help needed

Postby Lineage » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:05 pm

I have a Backwidow Ultimate that has MX brown's and it's pretty loud in the dead of night or early mornings but the feel of the keys as you press them is great. They have a satisfying click to them that you can feel as you press the key down. I *think* browns are the loudest and "clickiest" of the MX switches, but don't quote me. I haven't personally used a blue yet :P
Lineage

Postby xHikaru! » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:06 pm

i have the original blackwidow ultimate with mx blue yeah it's really noisy but then i got used to it and i live alone so it's no big deal. mx brown aren't loud though
xHikaru!

Postby Lineage » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:08 pm

This is loud and it definitely has browns. If blues are louder than browns...oh my lawdy :shock:
Lineage

Postby MP/5 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:45 pm

thanks guys i actually already bought the trigger mx brown and gonna test it out soon enough...
from what i read, the blue are the noisiest since it has a metal clicky sound, the black are just a bit more quiet than the blue and the brown quieter than the black.
will update after some usage and maybe add a review of how it feels while playing UT.
MP/5
MP3

Postby ramdrop » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:05 am

Oh no!!

I thought I commented on this before, I was in the same boat as yourself, but as a die hard Razer fan and reading some reviews..

I ended up getting the Razer DeathStalker. I had owned the Razer Tarantula for years, its kinda half/half and after 7 years, decided it was time for an upgrade.

The DeathStalker is not mechanical, but I did look at the BlackWidow and chose not to get it, means I can type in silence... :D
Image Image Image
ramdrop

Postby MP/5 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:13 pm

i am actually really happy i bought it m8 :D
you got the right point that some mechanical keyboard can be very loud especially with some people typing methods.
i actually type pretty quiet on it so its not bad at all, kind of like my membrane keyboard.
the blackWidow for example has blue switches if i remember correctly so i wouldn't want any of that shit to annoy me with every click...
only thing i left wondering is if i would have enjoyed the black switches better than the brown ones but for now its more than enough.
MP/5
MP3

Postby ramdrop » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:25 am

Image Image Image
ramdrop

Return to General Discussion