detox
Biblical Figure

Re: Er PACO?

Postby HuMPtY » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:39 pm

HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby TimTim » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:21 pm

Hey, the first implementation was actually ready in 5 days but I decided to pivot (twice!) and take it to a whole other level. Revolutionary technology takes time to build properly. I wouldn't have put all this time into it after those initial 5 days if I wasn't 100% sure I was onto something big. If you rush something of this magnitude, you end up with complete garbage like GU's transaction system; and so now I'm rewriting it entirely and it's 100 times better than I'd anticipated.

Last thing, detox: I couldn't help but notice your many jabs towards me disguised as "trolling". It's easy to make cheap jokes (which seems to be all you have to offer the world), not so easy to take actual risks and put forth the effort to actually do something worthwhile. Are you really that mad my balls are that much bigger than yours? Silly court jester...

:lol:
TimTim

Postby Sonic|^ » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:31 pm

Looks like you bit tim :lol:
Image.........
Sonic|^

Postby TimTim » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Oh I know full well that's exactly what was wanted. I've ignored jabs like that maybe 10 times already, but sometimes the court jester needs to be put in his place.
TimTim

Postby detox » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:39 am

I ran the channel you started in Tim.. If it wasn't for me keeping the tdm community alive, newnet never would have been created in the first place. I am responsible for newnet. What I create, I can destroy.

It's sad to see how things have unfolded in my absence: http://thesexiestman.blogspot.com/2014/ ... ament.html
detox
Biblical Figure

Postby dR3 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:33 am

This topic is derailing, please get back to worshipping the almighty PACO

Or else……
dR3

Postby Sovvie » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:32 am

i love you paco<3
Sovvie
Gym Tan UT

Postby m3ss » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:47 am

| |
m3ss

Postby Junkyardboy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:23 pm

I honestly understand both sides of the story. I know exactly where PACO is coming from, but I can relate a little to PUN. No one is truly to be blamed other than yourself.

PACO took the initiative to start globalunreal without anyone's help(the idea and concept, he did have a lot of people in the community that helped him form globalunreal) and even before he became headadmin. If you play and love the game as much as PACO did and have a passion to compete, I'm sure one could step up and take the community to several more seasons and tournaments.

I know where Pun is coming from and I've been there...trust me, it sucks sitting at 8/10 and not having the activity to fill up a pug. I've been around for years and seen the community and pugs go down to just 1 pug per day...in the tdmpickups community, 1 pug a week if that.

I've learned a long time ago to cope with pugs not filling and simply joining a pub server and finding my enjoyment for the game just on the pub server. A lot of pug players go there, I feel like Pun, you should look into joining a pub while you wait to see if a pug fill up. In fact, if you see someone in that pub, try and bring them on to teamspeak and irc to help fill that pug. Someone's gotta play the headhunter role and recruit new players. We can't just be fed dinner on a plate...you gotta go hunting a little. That's exactly where PACO came from...

The one thing I see, that some people may not is that both PUN & PACO had*have similar goals..wanting pug channel to be active and new players to join in on the community, but it's obvious and clear that PACO ran out of fire, stream and passion due to many reasons...Pun just pointed the finger at PACO because he was used to having dinner served right on a plate, which makes sense..if as a kid your parents stopped putting dinner on the table, your first reaction is to blame them for no dinner. But we are all grown adults and all capable of doing something good for the community. Because of alll the bitching all the players have done, We alienated the shit outta of our admins and treated them like shit and this is the end result.

All I know is, if you enjoy the game(which all of you still do since you still place), pug up and play when you can. If a pug is not starting, join a pub server while you wait for the pug to fill. And if you truly love the game and want it to florish, you gotta farm up some new players on the pubs and be easy and nice to them when they join. The number of negativity towards bluntz and dabz(both new players to my understanding) is surreal, i'm surprised they are still pugging with all the hate towards them when in fact they help fill half of the pugs we have today.

If anyone remembers explotus, he was "noob" when he first started and a lot of players hated on him or hated being stuck on his team. But he honestly helped fill every single pug back before globalgamers even started, and with a little bit of time, he became a decent flag runner...same goes for b0w0w too for anyone that remembers. I remember back when bowow didn't even know english and kappa had to translate to him. look at him now!

Anyways...im ranting, i don't know where i'm going, but w/e...that's my 2 cents.
Junkyardboy

Postby Lineage » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:13 pm

Pretty spot on jyb, rant or not.

One thing I would like to clarify though is that dabz is pretty new I think but bluntz has been around the block before..I think most of the hate towards bluntz is that he talks a lot while the game is going on, and most of it isn't related to comms. Add to that he frequently stops to hit a bong/bubbler/vaporizer/bowl/bat/joint/insertpersonaldevicepreferencehere in the middle of a pug, sometimes during flag standoffs. Personally, I find it funny. Others get enraged though :D
Lineage

Postby spyzy\\ » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 pm

spyzy also did a lot for the community
spyzy\\

Postby MP/5 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:31 pm

MP/5
MP3

Postby spyzy\\ » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:45 pm

sorry never heard of u. dont concern myself with the opinions of the sheep :x
spyzy\\

Postby MP/5 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:54 pm

yes and i never heard of you outside of the context of "cheating" so i guess its mutual.
MP/5
MP3

Postby Riven » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:12 am

Wow that mp5 guy must be full of hate ... It's just a game dude
Riven
Olive Oil

Postby Chadwixx » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:53 pm

Cant really complain when you volunteer.
Chadwixx

Postby LP » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:36 am

As much shit as the admins take from some of you, I am surprised PACO didn't go on his hiatus sooner.

Hmm wonder why I left back in 2004?? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
LP

Postby rusty2280 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:40 pm

DETOX WHY U NO ON IRC NO MORE?
rusty2280

Previous

Return to General Discussion