CSGO - Lucky Clutch

Gaming and Community discourse.

CSGO - Lucky Clutch

Postby m3ss » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:19 am

Given the collapse of the BF4 competitive community (the game's broken), I've been playing a lot of CS:GO lately, particularly with fellow GU community members like humpty, kylewins, acro, sovvie, sezco, etc. (Sorry to anyone I forgot!) While CS:GO is certainly a different type of FPS with a very steep learning curve, I'm having a lot of fun with the game so I thought I'd share a fun moment from last night's twitch stream of me playing some competitive MatchMaking with the other CEVO casters. These guys (and my GU homies) have been coaching me up for a while (i.e. carrying me) so they've seen most of my epic fails which explains their reaction to even the most pedestrian clutches.

For those who have never tried Counter-Strike, but may be interested, I was a big-time skeptic. I actually tried it way back when I first got into UT around 2001ish, but thought it was too slow and the shooting mechanics too off the wall to bother learning. (Plus I had UT at the time so who needs CS right?) Now don't get me wrong, obviously CS is no arena shooter and it doesn't hold a candle to the pace of UT, but it really is a fun experience once you get the hang of it and I encourage anyone at all curious to give it a GO (I like puns.). If you're interested in trying it out, feel free to hit me up on IRC or steam as it's infinitely more fun playing with friends who can show you the basics, and I promise you can't possibly be any worse at the game than I am. :lol:
| |
m3ss

Re: CSGO - Lucky Clutch

Postby blackout\\ » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Interested, will buy later this week when I'm free :3
blackout\\

Postby InfamousRaider » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:29 pm

I have it but it's boring playing by myself. Do you guys idle in a channel anywhere?
InfamousRaider

Postby PACO » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:34 pm

Do you not see people littered through TS? Mostly playing RUST/CSGO.
PACO
Horizontally Challenged World Traveller

Postby m3ss » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:51 pm

We use the GlobalUnreal TeamSpeak and there's a group of 7-10 of us that play pretty regularly. Like PACO said there is a channel on the GU ts3 that has some sort of CSGO title (it gets changed a lot just for laughs), but if you see any of us in there (me, kyle, acro, humpty, rummy, sovvie, sez, etc.) it typically means we're playing GO. Also if you add me to your steam friends list, I can send you an invite when we're all on together and playing. It's a LOT more fun if you're in a group of 3+ rather than solo-matchmaking. My steam ID is m3ssiah so feel free to add me!

By the way, to anyone else interested the game is dirt cheap ($15 on Steam) and is usually featured on the Steam sales too so keep an eye out.
| |
m3ss

Postby E|ite » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:27 pm

I play this game all the time! I haven't been playing ut because Ive been playing this game...where you guys play?
E|ite

Postby Morpheus » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:30 am

ahahah man clutch shit!!! really nice

Yesterday i was playing CS GO with Banko and i did something "similar" to this looool i was the only one alive and i killed 2 guys and when dealing with the third i ran out of ammo so i just switched to the knife and knifed the guy loooooooooooooool funny thing is that i was counter-terrorist and the bomb was planted and few seconds to go LOOOOL and i had no idea how to disarm the bomb ahahahahah was hilarious! I wish i could re-watch it

we should play tonight man!
Image Image Sponsored by: Banko
Morpheus
Robin

Postby m3ss » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:01 am

Haha! Nice Morph! Yeah, CSGO is crazy exciting during those clutch situations.

If that was a competitive matchmaking game you can rewatch it as CS:GO automatically records demos of every MM game you play. You simply need to click on the "Watch" tab from in-game dashboard and select "Your Matches". From there you should see a list of any competitive matchmaking games you've played recently with a list of the players and the overall score result. Click on the match you are looking for and select download and it will shown up in your "Downloaded" section. See image below.

These demos are actually quite nice as you can watch from any players POV, watch just your highlights, or use the demoui to fast-forward, rewind, watch in slow motion, or any number of other neat features. It's very helpful for making videos, analyzing your own play, analyzing your team's play, and also helps with cheat protection as you can watch from your opponents POV's if you suspect something.

I'll be on tonight around 7pm EST to play again, so add m3ssiah on steam and we can play. The more the merrier!
| |
m3ss

Postby ramdrop » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:49 am

I wanna start playing with you guys if I can :D

You've already got me on Steam, -> ram\
Image Image Image
ramdrop

Postby m3ss » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:05 pm

Sure thing, ram. I'll start inviting you when we queue for some MatchMaking. :)
| |
m3ss

Postby Finalz » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:57 pm

i had the game but never played it, mrfinalz on steam.
Finalz

Postby fuers » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:15 pm

a lot of ppl played CS while playing UT99 for better aim. i play planetside 2 now which is a lot different then battlefield also.

here is a video of the game but keep note that this game has evolved a lot in 1 year and its awesome! :D

Image "Good people do not need laws to act responsibly, while bad people need laws to break them." -Plato
fuers

Postby InfamousRaider » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:31 pm

A lot of UT99ers have been playing recently and most of us are total noobs. I found this site that clearly shows all the call outs for the popular competitive maps. Callouts are insanely helpful but most noobs have no idea where they are.

InfamousRaider

Return to General Discussion