Official statement regarding banned cheaters

Gaming and Community discourse.

Official statement regarding banned cheaters

Postby HULKSMASH » Sat May 10, 2014 7:05 am

Dear community

It is with great sadness and regret that I have to announce that amongst our tight nit community, two players have been found guilty of cheating.

The names of the cheating players will probably not come as a surprise, as many concerned players have suspected both players for a while now. However as we maintain that somebody is suspicious but innocent until proven guilty, we extensively research players before passing actual judgement.

Recently our anti cheat team has put in extra hours and wrapping up the ongoing investigations to come to a decision as to if and how these individuals were cheating.

Ah Solidsnake. It's almost a Cinderella story, had it been a natural skill increase.

Our story starts in 2009, when Solidsnake was caught in 2009 with Zeliusbot on a public server.

Fastforward to January 2013, where he graced us with his presence under the name Woozahh.

were not very impressive to say the least, shooting around 18% accuracy and getting 30ish frags.

He changed his name to Solidsnake at the start of iCTF III (where he was ranked at $406) and with his new nickname apparently came 'new found skills'... He was ranked a whopping $1175 in iCTF IV half a year later due to his major skill increase... and was most recently ranked as high as $1351 a year later in iCTF V.

So how did Solidsnake do it? How did he manage to raise his skill to the equivalent of a new player to one of the top 20 in under a year, go from 18 acc to an average nearing 40, from 30 frags a match to 130.... learning all this in just under 200 pugs?

solidsnake | Pugs: 231 | Since: Thu Feb 28 2013 09:59:22 GMT-0500 (EST) | Daily: 0.53 | Top: 22.93% | Captained: 44 | Last: 2w 4d ago

Sadly you already know the answer: he didn't.

As he was under investigation, we have since requested multiple videos and even asked him to record himself playing. Those demos (the ones he provided when his autodemo didn't accidentally conk out) and the video have since been thoroughly analysed by the anti cheat team.

While we choose not to disclose the full details on how we performed our investigations and what exactly we look for when detecting cheats (duh), we like to share with you that it is impossible for a human to do some of the things that he was doing.

Feel free to look at some of these demos and form your own opinion*. If you look for it, you will see it. In Solidsnake's case, I will provide Solidevidence.

Solidsnake has been found guilty, by the anti cheat team, for using an assisted aim. For obvious reasons, we will not disclose the exact cheat. In addition to the visual proof, there are also damning logs corroborating the fact that he is indeed cheating.

He will be banned for 1 year from #iPug and be banned from competitive play for at least 3 years.

Scroll down to see how his ban effects iCTF V.

Sadly, Nicks' case was harder. An admin of the GU team, never convicted before, an old player that also went above and beyond to prove his innocence by uploading his demos, filmed himself playing and would not run away from conflict and defended himself against every single accusation in order to 'prove' his innocence.

So what's Fallacy's story? He has been with us at GU since 2011 and at one point in time seemed to go from good to PRETTYFUCKINGAMAZING very fast. And people noticed this. The first official allegations started around in the beginning of 2013.

He was investigated for awhile but while a lot of it had a fishy odour, we felt there was not enough conclusive evidence to say that he was cheating.

Nick said he lost interest in UT after the heavy accusations and was around less and less - he was on IRC but not really talking and barely pugging. He cancelled his server and in the following seasons he did join he was not very involved. He didn't show up for a single match in Global.saCTF due to work, which was why he was banned from playing Global.iCTF V. Needless to say with him disappearing, the investigation kind of came to a stand still.

However with recent reorganisations we also dove back into the Fallacy case and spent many maaaaany hours investigating Fallacy in all ways possible.

While we choose not to disclose the full details on how we performed our investigations and what exactly we look for when detecting cheats (duh), we like to share with you that it is impossible for a human to do what he was doing.

Feel free to look at some of his demos and form your own opinion*. Fallacy's assisted aim is admittedly better hidden and is harder to see with the naked eye but is easier to spot with a slower speed.

Fallacy has been found guilty, by the anti cheat team, of using an assisted aim. For obvious reasons, we will not disclose the exact cheat.

He will be banned for 1 year from #iPug and be banned from competitive play for at least 3 years.

Sidenote: Players are allowed to appeal the ban but they must provide compelling evidence to have the case re-opened.

He will be banned effective immediately. We are currently trying to find an adequate substitute for Solid to play for Ramdrops team. Naturally it is unfortunate for the team that they lose one of their most valuable (*cough* cheating *cough*) players mid season - but we feel that the fact that he is cheating outweighs letting him finish play the games for the sake of the team (which would only ruin the league anyway).

As you can see, hunting season has started ;) Don't cheat friends. Friends also don't let friends cheat. We play UT for fun, 15 years after its creation. If you have such a tiny dick you need cheats to feel better about yourself and enjoy spoiling the game for everybody still playing, you are a very sad person.

We hope you can rest easy tonight knowing the streets of #iPug are a little cleaner after tonight.

HULKSMASH
HULKSMASH

Re: Official statement regarding banned cheaters

Postby Solidsnake » Sat May 10, 2014 7:13 am

Lol u serious can you give me atleast Some proof? And ur saying 200 pugs? I have played more then 600 matches here if you look at the utstats and search for my name
And Also u have no logs of me having Anything different so how is This possible
Last edited by Solidsnake on Sat May 10, 2014 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Solidsnake

Postby fisk » Sat May 10, 2014 7:16 am

sad it took so long but happy it finally happened

shame on you both

good work whoever went through all the stuff and finally swinged the banhammer
Image Image
fisk

Postby Hinata » Sat May 10, 2014 7:22 am

Woah... lol, i gonna take a look at the demos.
Rule 30: Players won't be judged equally for breaking the same rule.
Hinata

Postby Solidsnake » Sat May 10, 2014 7:33 am

btw, i provided irl vid of me playing the sniper ctf, do you guys need more from ictf ? is that not enough ?
ImageImage
Solidsnake

Postby HULKSMASH » Sat May 10, 2014 7:36 am

Click the actual download link, not any fake buttons that might show up if you don't have an adblocker? It should be named something like blabla duku.rar for example.
HULKSMASH

Postby iMpure » Sat May 10, 2014 7:39 am

I would like to see some hard evidence HULKSMASH...

Solidsnake played quite ok back in 2013 aswell back in UT2004.
I can vouch for the shitloads ammounts of iTDM we played there and all the iCTF practice too.
I have made many people improve in a very short time myself.
Now i still wonder is on what did people base his ban?
Anything found on the demos? logs? if yes then show it to us.
Be transparant and show us what your methods are or at least show us the hard FACTUAL proof/evidence you have.

If not then its an incompetent decision.
Now its your turn to show some transparancy and back up your claims by showing us what you got going on there instead of consealing everything.
Last edited by iMpure on Sat May 10, 2014 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
iMpure

Postby HuMPtY » Sat May 10, 2014 7:40 am

HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby reineo » Sat May 10, 2014 7:41 am

hmm

i dont care about fallacy but solidsnake is a pitty.
if all seems correctly judged i could replace him for the cup, altho i'm not signed up.
but can imagine some1 equal from FA pool or merc pool has priority.
reineo

Postby HuMPtY » Sat May 10, 2014 7:42 am

HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby Finalz » Sat May 10, 2014 7:44 am

Shame on both, sad and pathetic to cheat in a 15 year old game.
Finalz

Postby DevilYoua » Sat May 10, 2014 7:44 am

HAHAH. FU cheaters byeeeeeeeeeeee

cba to watch the demos but I fully trust the judgement

always was wondering where the fucking hell came this solid dutchy all of a sudden coming from and was way better than me :<
DevilYoua

Postby HULKSMASH » Sat May 10, 2014 7:44 am

Reread my post.

I will restate what I assumed was obvious:

We're giving the demos that we find are self explanatory for you to see for yourselves.

The exact methods we used to determine it will remain private, as we do not want it public knowledge how to hide ones cheats better.
HULKSMASH

Postby Solidsnake » Sat May 10, 2014 7:49 am

ImageImage
Solidsnake

Postby iMpure » Sat May 10, 2014 7:50 am

iMpure

Postby DevilYoua » Sat May 10, 2014 7:53 am

shut the whine, cheaters are cheaters and fuck em

dont need to see the evidence I trust their judgement
DevilYoua

Postby HULKSMASH » Sat May 10, 2014 7:54 am

HULKSMASH

Postby Morpheus » Sat May 10, 2014 8:05 am

luuuuuul i knew that our jibcop was occupied with something similar to this lol

won't watch the demos since i don't give a flying fuck, but i could only say (without looking at the demos) that i am the living proof that demos aren't the best method to guilt people in. Unfortunately it is the only method we have right now and i know for a fact that this is no new thing and has been reviewed many times including hours of devotion from our dear commander and chief of jibpolice department.

Fallacy and solidsnake continue to be decent guys in my pov (<3 fellatio), but if it is indeed true fu nickelbacka.

To lighten the mood:

best song ever: http://ainanas.com/bizarro-2/vai-ana-mu ... s-memoria/
Last edited by Morpheus on Sat May 10, 2014 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Sponsored by: Banko
Morpheus
Robin

Postby Hinata » Sat May 10, 2014 8:06 am

The demo is crashing for me after few seconds. Duku's one.
Rule 30: Players won't be judged equally for breaking the same rule.
Hinata

Postby NukeMz » Sat May 10, 2014 8:09 am

As you all know, I'm currently banned from the league for such dumb actions
as leaving my team during previous leagues.

I've made a public appeal to revoke my ban to HULKSMASH and Ramdrop, to take Solidsnakes place for Onslaught.

If approved, I'd like my ban revoked by showing willing to play.

I sincerely apologize to PACO first of all and the GU Admins for being a "prat".
If concidered, I will change the tables.

Thanks.

12:38 +rambusy • nukeaw
12:38 +rambusy • we'll take you
Last edited by NukeMz on Sat May 10, 2014 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
NukeMz

Postby exixt » Sat May 10, 2014 8:12 am

As I said on IRC, I personally approve of nuke returning meaning replacing solid for rest of ictf.V. It would only be the right thing to do here. I don't think nuke would mess up anything. ;s

Edit: saw loque is interested too. whatever you guys decide I just hope ramdrop's team can continue league without any downsides.
Last edited by exixt on Sat May 10, 2014 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
exixt

Postby DevilYoua » Sat May 10, 2014 8:12 am

DevilYoua

Postby uenz » Sat May 10, 2014 8:22 am

uenz

Postby unrealshots » Sat May 10, 2014 8:39 am

damn... expected but not expected :\
Image Image ·GU I PBR Quarter Finalist· ·GU II roflnation Winner· ·GU III \\cG Semi Finalist· ·GU IV \\'. Finalist· ·GU V iB. Winner·
unrealshots
Batman

Postby LP » Sat May 10, 2014 8:40 am

sigh...cheatz.
LP

Next

Return to General Discussion