GlobalUnreal (a.k.a., NewNet)

Gaming and Community discourse.

Re: GlobalUnreal (a.k.a., NewNet)

Postby l00s3 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:13 pm

ok... something I loong forgot.. which may need attention

some problems with the way in which the ARMOR is calculated after recieving Damage..

do a test where you get armour then damage self and pickup another armour.. you will notice that rather then increasing to the limit.. it adds 10-20 AP's in most cases.. and if you have 144 AP then it may only increase to 148.. which is some odd number.

my thoughts here.. not sure how exactly its supposed to be .. but .. if full ARMOR = 150.. (Belt Value).. then;

if I have 120 AP and pickup 'Pads' (50 AP) then my ARMOR should increase to 150 losing 20 AP..
also if I pickup any other Armour.. should be same.. by Games Standards..

in my own little-world I wish that there were no Such Limits.. and I could increase ARMOUR to 999+ :) however .. as it is it seems bugged.

also notice (Watch the Armour Gauge) when you pickup Weapons / Boots.. seems to do a blinky (back to zero) thing which seems glitchy..

cheers.

tested 9c on PUB Server..
l00s3

Postby player » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:33 pm

demos recorded on v9c servers:
impact hammer doesn't push/boost if you aim at low angle and didn't jump
gu9c_IH.zip
throw weapon right after firing rockets, rockets doesn't damage you but do damage opponents and may also boost you
gu9c_boost.zip

demo recorded on v7x but the bug still exists in v9c:
gu7x_IH_altfire.zip

Also, minor jamming of sniper altfire is noticed in v9c. to replicate it, fire 1 bullet, then altfire before weapon animation/sound finishes, the weapon will blink once and no scope would be brought up. i believe this has something to do with primary fire state, as altfiring in scope mode before primary firing sound finishes would re-enter scope mode too. (which should have exited scope mode instead)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
player

Postby Aces_TheKorruptor » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:39 am

Hello, hey guys, whats up with newnet? Its bugged? The elevators on deck16, we stand in there and wait 0.5-1.5 seconds until it go up, and when it goes, we need to jump later for our character can take the correct speed for go into the other side. They jumping with less speed then the original game!!!

Please repair this 2 annoyin bugs!
Aces_TheKorruptor

Postby ramdrop » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:12 am

Image Image Image
ramdrop

Postby seriousnoob » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:49 am

That's the way Tim made zero ping lifts. Before, you had to jump as soon as you walked onto the elevator sometimes, and way too early on Deck. This way it feels a bit sluggish but once you get used to it it's more precise.
seriousnoob

Postby l00s3 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:12 am

^not sure I agree there serious... if you play offline.. its instant.. therefore in theory it should be instant online also... esp for gametypes like BT where time is of the essence..

Maps like BT-Maverick are virtually impossible to use lifts.. with the delay.. as the lifts only travel a short distance... and normally you jump as soon as you get on-it to boost up through the entrances..

DavidM map forget name DM... has a lift jump onto a concrete slab where lies an Armor... is a good one to test... and DM-Revenge it seems that you get boosted a little too high.. and hit the invisible ceiling which is a lol.

With a few tweaks iam sure timtim will iron it out and have it running perfectly.. as intended.

Tbh... it feels this|close to being perfected...

;)
l00s3

Postby TimTim » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:15 am

TimTim

Postby spark » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:50 am

I believe that the most appropriate for the NewNet to like this now would leave it as the original UT, for CTF changing weapons normal (slow) and fws for TDM, ammo shock and sniper to 50, the hitbox normal sniper (unreduced ), the damage caused by the primary shock and sniper (I think it is 56?), maybe there still some sniper abusers, but we would be playing what is the original UT, as if in practice mode, and this would not affect us when playing against euros, since they are accustomed to ut Normal, and would be just right, so we would play a great CTF, had never given my point on NewNet, but this is my humble suggestion, greetings, and excellent work the creation of NewNet....

PS: im a weapons player.

About v0_9c:
Sometimes the trans its bugged, when u trow the trans, and change to other weapon and shot, then u change to trans, and hit, u cant traslade, only sometimes, and when use hammer, without charge, sometimes u cant boost, thats all! Sorry for my bad english.
spark

Postby spark » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:27 pm

Visit the URS server recently, and I liked the comboinstagib they have, I think it is this http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=We ... GibND4.rar , the effects are very good, and make you see the real name of the weapon, as it is a InstaGib with Combo, I would seem too good combogib that you've done, take a few effects like these :roll:
spark

Postby Aces_TheKorruptor » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:24 am

Hi, any news? Long time i come here and i see nothing.
Aces_TheKorruptor

Postby TimTim » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:03 pm

I've been busy with other things, sorry. I'll be making a handful of final changes over the next month and then post everything to github or something.
TimTim

Postby Aces_TheKorruptor » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:11 pm

''Final Changes'' so... its secure to say ''1.0 IS THE NEXT PATCH this time, we will receive an ''final changes, so final version'' ''. Is This? :o :o :o I Can't wait, since u said to me 3months that time... anyway, ty for the good work!
Aces_TheKorruptor

Postby ZeLf » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:13 pm

ZeLf

Postby medor » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:37 am

Is the assault 140 integrated in it ?
medor

Postby TimTim » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:01 am

That's part of the final changes I'm making. The mod was built on top of UTPure solely because of the fact that nearly every NW/IG server used UTPure at the time, and UTPure wasn't designed to be extendable at all (at least not the core weapons), which of course made it very difficult to use in combination with other mods (e.g., LeagueAS).

The final release will be designed in a way that maximizes interaction with other mods so that people don't have to resort to even more ridiculous hacks to get things to work the way they want. It should save server admins and other mod authors a lot of effort and prevent many gray hairs.
TimTim

Postby medor » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:33 am

Ok thank you for your complete answer :D
medor

Postby ZeLf » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:45 pm

Tim, is it possible to add a freestyle rifle?, newnet supports almost every game except this one. Code for the rifle is really small...
ZeLf

Previous

Return to General Discussion