Global Unreal Webite Improvements

Troubleshooting? Tweaking? Configuration?

Global Unreal Webite Improvements

Postby InfamousRaider » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:11 am

Here are a few suggestions I have for improving the functionality of the GU site. I thought there was a sub forum for this at one time but it couldn't find it so I am putting it here.

Item #1: League Navigation
It is very annoying and slow to have to hover over leagues and then each league to navigate between different pages as seen below:
Solution:
I propose that upon clicking "Leagues" a sub row comes up with all active leagues. Then when you click "sDOM.I" an new sub row is shown in its place with all the league pages. The new sub row should also indicate which league you are browsing

Item #2: Team Page
The team page should show each players salary, the total team salary, and the salary cap. Also, words in a list like that are easier to read if they are left aligned. ProUnreal's team page is currently greatly superior to the GlobalUnreal's.
I am not saying that we need to copy their layout (it is by no means perfect) but, we should be able to be at least as good. Also, hopefully in the future the players names will be clickable.

Item #3: Free Agent Page
Same notes as above, left aligned and show salaries. I would also prefer the free agent logo be removed smaller fonts used so that I can see more free agents on one screen without scrolling. This isn't critical by any means but, in my opinion, it would be an improvement.

Item #4: Miscellaneous Linking
I'm sure that this is apart of the plan and just hasn't been checked off the list but it is worth mentioning. When I am viewing the schedule page or standings page I should be able to click a team and be taken to their team page.
InfamousRaider

Re: Global Unreal Webite Improvements

Postby TimTim » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:22 pm

IR if you read my other posts about the site, you'd see that we're way ahead of your suggestions with what we're planning. Everything will eventually me as easily navigable as possible with links for any possible connection between players, leagues, teams, etc., and there will be tons of extra functionality that you probably haven't thought of yet.

I just enabled the team pages yesterday lol... and I haven't had the time/energy to import salaries and connect it all into the team pages and individual player pages. I'm working on something behind the site that has probably never been attempted, or if it has, I'm unable to find it. If you read the post I made early yesterday on everything, you'd see that I'm planning on improving everything tremendously.

Other than your request about the header navigation, all good ideas. Thanks for the input. We're way ahead of you though hehe... and there's only so much time in a day so be patient.

;)

Here's the post I made: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1059&start=25#p22413

Looks like you didn't read it because you're still attempting to make trades via forums lol...
TimTim

Postby SJA94 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Didn't know if something was already said about the main logo/image(my res 1280x1024, firefox).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
New forum (WIP)
SJA94

Postby TimTim » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:29 pm

Yeah we're gonna re-theme the forums and utstats to match the main site, just haven't had a chance to do it yet. Maybe we'll get around to it this week along with everything else.

8-)
TimTim

Postby Keith » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:59 pm

How come my name ended up there I never signed up lol?
Keith

Return to UT99 Help Desk