MOUSE REVIEW THREAD

Troubleshooting? Tweaking? Configuration?

Re: MOUSE REVIEW THREAD

Postby xHikaru! » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:28 pm

I always wanted to try Steelseries mice but I never bought one.
I'm thinking on giving a try the Sensei or the Diablo 3 mouse, or even the new Rival.

Not decided yet.
xHikaru!

Postby unrealshots » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:49 am

Image Image ·GU I PBR Quarter Finalist· ·GU II roflnation Winner· ·GU III \\cG Semi Finalist· ·GU IV \\'. Finalist· ·GU V iB. Winner·
unrealshots
Batman

Postby xHikaru! » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:33 am

What's so special about it. All I saw were complaints about it's sensor having acceleration and some having input lag...
xHikaru!

Postby Lineage » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:47 pm

firmware updates on the g500s solve those problems but you have to go through some hoops to do it :D

i found that optical works much better for me than laser. One quirk I found is that the g500s doesn't like to play nice with other usb devices such as my xbox controller and being hooked up simultaneously with a deathadder or another logitech mouse. This was with LGS installed too. It's not a terrible mouse but the g400s is by far the better model in my opinion.
Lineage

Postby seriousnoob » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:10 pm

I had some laptop wireless mouse before upgrading to a G500.. for a month or so my aim was so bad it's like I was using a touchpad. It got better after that, but the shape of the mouse just wasn't right for me, and it was too heavy. After about a year the scrollwheel broke, sensor was glitchy (didn't work on any cloth pad, only hard pads), and finally what made me trash it was the cord - it got ripped up because of friction on the edge of the desk, and now the mouse was turning on and off all the time.

Got myself a SteelSeries Kinzu v2 pro, don't worry it's not like the V1 that had an advertised "feature" of acceleration :D I like it because the shape resembles the "perfect" shape of the WMO but it's not so bulky, and the mouse is really light (70-80 grams I think). It does have a low malfunction speed, so if you move it really fast across the pad it gets negative accel. But I've never had that happen in game, then again I'm not a low sens player. The only issue is that I have to wipe it every time because it's glossy on the top and gets dirty.
seriousnoob

Previous

Return to UT99 Help Desk