Static Feedback From Speakers

Troubleshooting? Tweaking? Configuration?

Static Feedback From Speakers

Postby Serenity » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:30 pm

This isn't really a UT issue, more a very annoying issue. My speakers (I have tried several different) produce a lot of static and high pitched frequency that is pretty damn loud constantly when there isn't any music playing. I use Realtek audio drivers, unsure about anything else.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Note: I've tried different PC's too, it's only mine.
Serenity

Re: Static Feedback From Speakers

Postby TimTim » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:05 pm

Well, the way newnet works is it creates a traversable wormhole to allow the electrical signals between your computer and the server to travel faster than light. It's how it achieves true zero ping. After the wormhole is closed, space-time has to fall back into equilibrium. The exotic matter used for creating the wormhole has a negative energy density, as its the only possible way to stabilize it; and so when the wormhole is closed abruptly, this matter no longer exists at that point in space-time (your computer when you were playing), which results in electromagnetic radiation to balance out the electrical signals that were traveling faster than light within the exotic matter's pipeline. It will dissipate given enough time, but until it's fully dissipated your speaker cables will experience some electrostatic interference. Electrostatic interference usually won't affect your speaker cables enough to create sound, but the gradual discharge after bending space and time generates enough interference to do so.

But in all seriousness, you most likely have some kind of electrical interference. Try moving the speaker cables around and see if that helps. If not, then it's most likely something internal or something attached to your PC.
TimTim

Postby seriousnoob » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:23 pm

seriousnoob

Postby sn3p » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Haha TimTim was a fun read :)

Maybe this helps?
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/260 ... e-speakers
sn3p

Postby KillEmAll » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:47 pm

If I set my phone too close to my laptop, the speakers, (external) will produce static.
KillEmAll

Postby Rum » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:52 am

So i had this same problem, if you have a front mic/front speaker, disable it through your realtek audio driver.
Rum

Return to UT99 Help Desk