Demo Playback

Troubleshooting? Tweaking? Configuration?

Demo Playback

Postby Einfari » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:55 pm

I came back just recently and read newnet demos are supposed to work now. But every time I try to play one, I get the following error message:

Before demos used to work -all messed up though- and now I can't get them working at all. At first I thought the issue still prevailed. But I tried to play some demos from a 1on1sa match recently uploaded, since I imagined they'd work (why would they upload them if they wouldn't?) and still get the same error message.

What's wrong? Is it on my end?

Greetings.
Einfari

Re: Demo Playback

Postby TimTim » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:19 pm

I'm on it.

Edit: Demos work for me. I'm using Demo Manager 3.3. Figure out which files are outdated for you and update them.
TimTim

Postby Einfari » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:41 pm

It definitely is something on my end. I had to switch back to the original demo driver. I guess that's not it though.

:S.

Greetings.
Einfari

Postby TimTim » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:51 pm

After you try running the demo, UnrealTournament.log in your UnrealTournament\System directory will tell you what the problem is. It will either say files are missing or something weird like "Log: udemo: EnhancedItems have generation error! desired: 3 actual: 1". Post those lines or send me your entire log in private.

Also, Morpheus is a dumbo and is using 451b, so you won't be able to play his demos without that patch. I have a separate System directory called System451b just for this purpose.
TimTim

Postby Einfari » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:34 pm

I don't know what the heck I did, but I can't reproduce the error anymore. If It ever happens again, I'll post the log right here. For now the issue seems solved Dx...

Greetings.
Einfari

Return to UT99 Help Desk