OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Troubleshooting? Tweaking? Configuration?

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby chamberly » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:48 am

thimo wrote:y0! Really good work, fixed all my problems when playing with 144hz monitor, completely playable again! :)

However, this causes some bugs on BunnyTrack mod :( after testing 2 maps, found them both being unfinishable, due to a bouncer that does not bounce me at all (map: BT-AbsolutionCB) and a button that doesnt react at all even tho i shoot and hit it (5th obstacle on map: BT-26). Maybe its something worth looking into? Representing quite a minor scene of BunnyTrackers, but we still do have activity here, even cups :) <3

Really, really hoping to get this on BT servers too and hoping that this problem is not anything like unfixable.


The NN mod is based on default maps and actors (mostly) and if there is a custom actor in the BT map, it wouldn't let you go boingy....yet. lol. A lot of custom files for BT maps is a lot of work, tbh.
chamberly
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:26 am

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby ttat » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:23 pm

TimTim, I am impressed. Thank you for your contribution. Will you accept PRs on GitHub?
ttat
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:28 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby TimTim » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:26 pm

ttat wrote:TimTim, I am impressed. Thank you for your contribution. Will you accept PRs on GitHub?

Yes. I apologize for the mess that is the code behind NewNet lol... I wanted to clean it up before I released it but oh well.
Image
User avatar
TimTim
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby medor » Sun May 04, 2014 4:56 pm

How to set instacombo ? is it in ?
medor
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby spark » Sun May 04, 2014 9:28 pm

spark wrote:And the ComboGib how can i setup? :o
User avatar
spark
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:42 am
Location: México

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby rain » Sat May 10, 2014 4:28 pm

I can only assume this is a newnet problem, but occasionally (it's happened to me, paleface, Annihilator) people are either moving extremely fast (like turbo speed) or extremely slow while everyone else is normal?
Image Global.iCTF I - Champions (·shøckWave·)
User avatar
rain
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:28 am

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby OuTlaW » Sat May 10, 2014 4:32 pm

rain wrote:I can only assume this is a newnet problem, but occasionally (it's happened to me, paleface, Annihilator) people are either moving extremely fast (like turbo speed) or extremely slow while everyone else is normal?


that also happened to me in Control-LE

another thing that i've noticed on newnet is that some shots get delayed for some players (like me) for a while, especially for the 200+ pingers
Image
OuTlaW
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:13 am

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby spark » Sat May 10, 2014 11:29 pm

rain wrote:I can only assume this is a newnet problem, but occasionally (it's happened to me, paleface, Annihilator) people are either moving extremely fast (like turbo speed) or extremely slow while everyone else is normal?

For the nw pugs its all ok, nobody have this problem, just some times the server become laggy, but with a restart, the server its ok.
User avatar
spark
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:42 am
Location: México

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby chamberly » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:45 pm

I just wanted to know if anyone still have recompile this in another name? I'm doing this just to be sure I won't make file mismatches. Thanks.
chamberly
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:26 am

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby TimTim » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:23 pm

Even though I really shouldn't have spent the time on it, I went ahead and make a few updates to NewNet this morning. The changes should, in theory, prevent the magnitude of certain exploits, but we won't know for sure until some noob comes along and tries the hack again. I'm aware of a couple of other potential exploits and I have two more versions already compiled that will prevent them, but I'll save them for later so that these idiot script kiddies will waste more of their time trying to hack those, only to be shut down immediately, twice.

I also added the ability for server admins to set custom damage values for all weapons, as well as the sniper's rate of fire, since quite a few people have been asking for these features. I still need to do a few things to make this work properly for projectiles, but configuring minigun, pulse, sniper, and shock should all work. You'll see the lines under the [NewNetUnrealv0_9_2.UTPure] section after running the mod once. The defaults are NewNet's defaults, and remember to multiply their values by 1.5 for the actual damage amounts because of hardcore mode. So for instance, for shock's original primary damage amount of 60, set ShockDamagePri to 40. And for the sniper's original rate of fire, set it to 1.0; e.g., setting it to 2.0 will make it twice as fast. Mods like SniperArena and ShockDom are unaffected by these values.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/61336 ... v0_9_2.zip
Image
User avatar
TimTim
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby MP/5 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:28 pm

ty tim.
Image
User avatar
MP/5
MP3
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby KillEmAll » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:29 pm

I have updated the pub server N E W N E T P U B - #uPug irc.utchat.com - GlobalUnreal.com\74.91.123.91\7778

As far as weapons play, duel, DM, and TDM, the only thing that really stood out was the secondary pulse. I lowered the damage about 33% and it seems better.
Please get on and play when you have a few minutes, and offer suggestions.

Thanks
Image
User avatar
KillEmAll
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby windigo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:54 pm

add davidm maps KEA
Image
User avatar
windigo
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:31 am

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby KillEmAll » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:52 pm

Added them Windigo.
Image
User avatar
KillEmAll
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby Aces_TheKorruptor » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:35 pm

Hello TimTIm, could u revert minigun back to what it was ??????? That visible damage is an shit!!! More closer to the original, better, the weapon are USELESS now.
Aces_TheKorruptor
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby medor » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:17 am

TimTim wrote:Even though I really shouldn't have spent the time on it, I went ahead and make a few updates to NewNet this morning. The changes should, in theory, prevent the magnitude of certain exploits, but we won't know for sure until some noob comes along and tries the hack again. I'm aware of a couple of other potential exploits and I have two more versions already compiled that will prevent them, but I'll save them for later so that these idiot script kiddies will waste more of their time trying to hack those, only to be shut down immediately, twice.

I also added the ability for server admins to set custom damage values for all weapons, as well as the sniper's rate of fire, since quite a few people have been asking for these features. I still need to do a few things to make this work properly for projectiles, but configuring minigun, pulse, sniper, and shock should all work. You'll see the lines under the [NewNetUnrealv0_9_2.UTPure] section after running the mod once. The defaults are NewNet's defaults, and remember to multiply their values by 1.5 for the actual damage amounts because of hardcore mode. So for instance, for shock's original primary damage amount of 60, set ShockDamagePri to 40. And for the sniper's original rate of fire, set it to 1.0; e.g., setting it to 2.0 will make it twice as fast. Mods like SniperArena and ShockDom are unaffected by these values.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/61336 ... v0_9_2.zip


Is the bugs UT_Eightball and ImpactHammer from NewNetUnrealv0_9 are solved?
medor
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby z4TaN » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:56 pm

what bugs? :O
z4TaN
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:20 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby medor » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:34 pm

read previous page
medor
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby chamberly » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:58 am

I saw there is a 0_9_5 release (possibly on uk?) so it's a private update?
chamberly
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:26 am

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby Finalz » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:44 am

That version was probably made to prevent that massmurder exploit i'd guess.
So i assume that it's indeed private, else you'd be mopping with the water still running.
Finalz
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:07 am

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby chamberly » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:07 pm

I guess so... cuz there was an update about changeable settings in 9_2. Why only for uK? Other servers with NN is exploitable as well...
chamberly
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:26 am

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby z4TaN » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:40 am

"other servers" do not matter. we are poor, who would bother to hack into our servers? :P

joke
z4TaN
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:20 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby chamberly » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:08 am

z4TaN wrote:"other servers" do not matter. we are poor, who would bother to hack into our servers? :P

joke


Sounds like you want to take advantage of cheating on other servers? :P Such noob.

joke
chamberly
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:26 am

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby medor » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:38 pm

NewNetUnrealv0_9_6.zip available ?
medor
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NEWNET RELEASE!

Postby chamberly » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:21 am

I don't think so.
chamberly
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:26 am

PreviousNext

Return to UT99 Help Desk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron