Demos that can't be played with the DemoManager driver..

Troubleshooting? Tweaking? Configuration?

Demos that can't be played with the DemoManager driver..

Postby RTG` » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:27 am

This is getting really annoying since I've been experiencing this problem for years... So to be understood in what I'm saying below I must explain first what I know about the DemoManager:

The DemoManager is used for demo recording and demo playback, it also comes up with its own recording driver called "udemo.uDemoDriver", that is more optimised and superior to the original "Engine.DemoRecDriver" that UT has. Yes UnrealEngine1 seems to have its own DemoRecording driver that you can record with it, but the demos are buggy and the playback sometimes seems wierd and delayed (I will post a video below).

By default you are using the old "Engine.DemoRecDriver", so to be able to use the awesome "udemo.uDemoDriver" from the DemoManager, you must edit a line in UnrealTournament.ini:
from DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver
to => DemoRecordingDevice=udemo.uDemoDriver

But sometimes the "udemo.uDemoDriver" is not used when a demo is recorded and uses the default one instad.. that screws it up. It can not be played with the DemoManager's Driver anymore and you're screwed... In UnrealTournament.ini you have to switch to the original "Engine.DemoRecDriver" to be able to play it. But with that shitty driver you can't use commands such as: pause, slomo and seekto... That's so inconvenient, I don't understand why this happens randomly. I am always using the DemoManager's driver. I really want to play my demo with the DemoManager's driver so I can record from a different angle, or maybe use RypelCam to make it more exciting. But too bad that the moment I wanted to record from my demo is after long 19 minutes.. so that would take an hour to record the way I wanted.

Anyways I waited 19 minutes and recorded my funny moment in FirstPerson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CK1nmNwOUM&hd=1
RTG`

Re: Demos that can't be played with the DemoManager driver..

Postby blackout\\ » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:20 pm

I miss TDM after seeing this lol
blackout\\

Re: Demos that can't be played with the DemoManager driver..

Postby RTG` » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:41 pm

RTG`

Return to UT99 Help Desk