The Siege Guide Video & Siege Keybinding Info

5v5 Siege

The Siege Guide Video & Siege Keybinding Info

Postby Rays » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:57 pm

I know Moskva already posted a guide, and it's got a lot of good info in it, but it's also a lot of text so I made a video. It's kind of long but I was just shooting from the hip, I don't go into great detail about everything so if there's something in particular you're curious about check Moskva's thread .

A couple of points that I didn't mention in the video:
• The weapon you use to actually build things is known as the Constructor, right click to cycle through buildings and left click to build them. You can build things different by jumping to place them higher or crouching to place it closer to the floor etc.
• You get more RU for shooting enemy buildings and you get extra RU for hitting the enemy core. Splash damage applies to buildings and lets you hit two buildings that are built too close together. Also, RU stands for resource unit, just call it money, it's way easier.
• Buildings are affected by headshots, meaning the Ripper/Sniper can do more damage to buildings than other weapons in certain scenarios. Even the base core has a headshot hitbox and learning where to aim can make you a deadly attacker.
• The super protector/containers combo is best used when the protector can cover a decent area or a choke point while the containers that heal it are behind a nearby corner and/or somewhat hidden nearby.
• There is a limit to the amount of mines a team can have. Right now it's at 8.

Now about keybinds, I think it's good to set siege binds onto the NumPad since you don't really need them when you're shooting people but they are 100x better than cycling through the constructor every time you want to build something. I'll go ahead and list the binds that I use and explain how they work:

NumPad 1: getweapon SiegeUltimateRC21.sgConstructor | Setmode 0 0 (Upgrade)
NumPad 2: getweapon SiegeUltimateRC21.sgConstructor | Setmode 1 0 (Repair)
NumPad 3: getweapon SiegeUltimateRC21.sgConstructor | Setmode 4 0 (Container)
NumPad 4: getweapon SiegeUltimateRC21.sgConstructor | Setmode 5 0 (Supplier)
NumPad 5: getweapon SiegeUltimateRC21.sgConstructor | Setmode 5 1 (Super Supplier)
NumPad 6: getweapon SiegeUltimateRC21.sgConstructor | Setmode 5 2 (Super HealthPod)
NumPad 7: getweapon SiegeUltimateRC21.sgConstructor | Setmode 9 0 (Mine)
NumPad 8: getweapon SiegeUltimateRC21.sgConstructor | Setmode 8 0 (Teleporter)
NumPad 9: getweapon SiegeUltimateRC21.sgConstructor | Setmode 6 1 (Jump Boots)

What these binds do is, say when I hit NumPad 2 it's going to whip out my constructor and it's already going to be on repair so I can immediately repair my teammates. SiegeUltimateRC21 is the current version of siege we're on and if the version changes you have to edit the binds to that version if you want them to work correctly. The Setmode part of the binds decide which option your Constructor will be on when you hit the bind and it switches over to the Constructor. The 1st number after Setmode determines which category the bind will switch you to (Fortifications, Supply, etc.) and the 2nd number determines the actual building inside of that category that you get switched to. Sorry if that's confusing, but in my opinion if you're starting out just use an Upgrade, Repair, Teleporter and Mine bind which you can copy&paste into UT from this thread, those are the ones I end up using the most.

Hope that helps get the interest up, the pugs are pretty laid back right now at #mlsg if anyone wants to try some stuff out. Siege is a pretty flexible mod and we're looking to make it more satisfying to play this time around, I'm sure there will be news on that when the changes come out. Shoot me a pm on IRC if anyone has questions.
Rays

Re: The Siege Guide Video & Siege Keybinding Info

Postby |uK|Shiva » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:49 pm

Great work Rays. A lot of changes have been made in siege.
For all the ex-siegers (you know who you are) the mod is still undergoing changes and we are willing to incorporate some changes that will get the oldies back in the groove.

rays can you link the thread for SiegeUltimate changes etc?
|uK|Shiva

Postby Rays » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:22 pm

Sure thing, but most of the changes they're making right now apply to the public server. We'll probably have a different changelog for the pug/league version of siege. Anyways:

Rays

Postby chamberly » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:04 pm

I enjoyed the video, funny.
chamberly

Return to Global.Siege