Clan system

Clan cups/leagues between draft leagues?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes : 22

Re: Clan system

Postby faithless » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:19 pm

faithless

Postby MP/5 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:41 pm

i barely pugged in the last 2 months, but i was very very (very) active during the last SDOM & ICTF seasons and i never saw you pugging faithless.
the fact you were active during those last few weeks means nothing at most since teams were already picked and in a short/stacked (only 8 teams) season like that a lot of mid/low players didn't get to play.
if you think you can build a name for yourself in 50 pugs during a season, well you are just wrong. maybe be active before next season to get noticed more or just captain up to insure you a spot.
again this season had a special form so it doesn't represents past seasons...
gl stick around!
MP/5
MP3

Postby RickJames » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:01 am

I actually posted asking for a lower salary for faithless because he wouldn't get picked at his price before the season. But as far as players not getting picked, there are usually only a few players who are really active and able to play who don't end up on a team. There is a simple solution: more captains. If more were willing to step up there would be less people sitting in the fa list.

Aside from that, this thread should've been over after rain's post(s). He said it all really.
RickJames
Kofi Annan

Postby MP/5 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:35 am

MP/5
MP3

Postby zein » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:43 am

zein

Postby dR3 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:11 pm

dR3

Postby Sauron » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:37 pm

There remains the possibility of marginal salary decreases for actively pugging free agents as the season goes on. Maybe 25$ decrease per week? Shorter seasons could be modified appropriately.
Sauron
Angus Gump

Postby dR3 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:51 pm

dR3

Postby Sauron » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:02 pm

Sauron
Angus Gump

Postby dR3 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:54 pm

dR3

Postby Sauron » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:39 pm

The idea is free agents that are drafted are already quite attractive. Drafted players that are dropped are typically found to be overrated or inactive.
Sauron
Angus Gump

Postby kud » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:46 am

it's an interesting idea. dr3's worry being that some expendable players could be dropped right before playoffs when the fa's are ripe. could be a couple cases each season. is that necessarily bad? morally questionable, but this is a competitive league, and perhaps the threat of free agents will keep people practising. the devil is in the details, though. seems to me the most obvious implementation would be something like "$100 handicap / weeks of regular season". what is a "good" fa handicap, though?
i don't know if that's the best implementation, but i like the idea of self-correcting rankings.

edit: in this same vein, and slightly on topic. maybe players could have a "bonus" when drafted with players of the same clan. like a decrease in salary, or a better draft pick, or some other incentive. potentially op, but food for thought.
kud
Walder Frey

PostThis post was deleted by Solidsnake on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:19 am.

Postby dR3 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:52 pm

dR3

Postby mas » Thu May 08, 2014 5:39 am

i say we should try it atleast. you can make a system that runs on its own so it doesnt have to be a lot of work eventually
and for me and a lot of other players who only like instagib or cant play at sundays it would great to see this happening

but for some reason gu is afraid to admit a failure or smth i cant come up with another reason of why they dont just wanna give it a try at least, mayb to busy with csgo ?

the vote results are pretty clear to me tbh
mas

Postby HuMPtY » Thu May 08, 2014 12:34 pm

Tough for admins to put a lot of time and effort into something they dont think will do very well.

If we think something will fail it is true we wont waste our time with it :)

a full league with premade teams = no

1 day thing is a possibility but a lot of work to pull off correctly
HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby HULKSMASH » Thu May 08, 2014 1:59 pm

I think a lot of you underestimate the amount of work that goes into the creating the things we do.

You can't just "do" a quick league, cup or even tournament (or even create something entirely new: a ladder system) - a lot of time, effort, planning, coding, research, promotion, grunt work, etc. goes into all things we host. And I think our success lies in exactly that - we work hard to make things as smooth as possible, try to our best to account for everything and make it as fun and fair for everybody as possible.
Even something you would consider 'simple' such as creating rules is a lengthy process as we try and cover all scenarios and adapt with each season.

So why can't we do a ladder system?

We don't currently have the infrastructure, resources or even the people to create this "system" - the website does not support it, the only admin that can update the current website has just left the building. Not sure about you guys, but I personally despise working off forums and Google bloody Docs. I do the best with the limited resources available... and have no idea how to integrate a clan system without a functioning website for the clans to use.

Apart from that, there's other issues that come with this entire new system. These are just the first that came to mind:
How would it work team wise? Would anything be done to prevent people from creating uberpower teams and crush the little ones? Would there need to be different level divisions based on skill level? Could one be promoted or demoted to a certain division based on result? What would the rules be? What would the maps be? How would matches be scheduled/played? Could matches be played without admin, or would admins still be required to be around every day for these matches? How would server/map/colour selection go? What would happen in event of server crash? How would data be managed? What would the point system be? What happens in events of conflict? How to solve demo request problems? Etc.

In all it's rather easy for somebody to yell from the sidelines that we don't do enough. It saddens me to say that this unthankful community whines at us - the admin team - for what they've NOT been given and even at what they HAVE been given. Let's turn it into a food example. You demand your dinners and sulk when they're not handed to you in time or cause there's peas in them. But you've never offered to cook yourselves. Hell, you've even been sneaking off to McDonalds (other pug channels) and still have the nerve to complain about our home made meals made with love...

So for anybody who enjoys cooking: I like my websites like I like my steaks - well done.

Contributing > complaining.

Now i'm hungry.

ps. I actually like my steaks medium rare but that would mess up the metaphor.
HULKSMASH

PostThis post was deleted by Sonic|^ on Thu May 08, 2014 2:06 pm.
Reason: Deleted because edits -_-

Postby kud » Thu May 08, 2014 2:51 pm

tl;dr gu is looking for someone to develop a clan system. any volunteers?
kud
Walder Frey

Postby Riven » Fri May 09, 2014 11:11 am

Riven
Olive Oil

Postby HuMPtY » Fri May 09, 2014 11:27 am

read chicas post
HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby Hinata » Fri May 09, 2014 5:20 pm

Rule 30: Players won't be judged equally for breaking the same rule.
Hinata

Postby vitz^ » Fri May 09, 2014 5:27 pm

we are just a bunch of farmers friend
vitz^

Postby exixt » Fri May 09, 2014 5:45 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage
exixt

Postby Monk » Sat May 10, 2014 5:25 am

Monk