CTF-Pyrolize

Re: CTF-Pyrolize

Postby HumaK » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:25 pm

Alright, I've made the normal version with just the bug fix as well. Happy now mate? :D

LINK: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2eqbtm
HumaK

Postby TimTim » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:42 pm

TimTim

Postby Rum » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:23 pm

It suits me too :3 the map was fine with the windows opened. Just not many people know how to play d
Rum

Postby HumaK » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:49 am

TimTim, I don't know - whatever the people want! :)

But for now yes, I think that is the most popular... maybe later people would wanna switch to the alternate version, after the competition I mean.
HumaK

Postby ulo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:58 am

Only played it once and it was against double more or less 40% acc defense which made it hard to get to the flag (saying it cause it might have hampered the experience, http://www.globalunreal.com/utstats/?p=match&mid=33833 <- if anyone wanna have a look). However with the defense style they had it felt like I only could attack through one entrance on both sides, which should make it fairly easy to defend. Sure it still was 7 caps in total but that's mainly cause it's easy to get confused once the flag leave the room and when you don't play full fallback aka league play it might be easy to cap once your out.

Well onto my thoughts on how this map could be improved. Took a few screens in single player to try and explain my thoughts.

Firstly:
The ramps into base I think is what people have talked about should go back to be flat so you can dodge both into and out from base and if so I agree with them feels like a fast way of escaping. The red window in the middle allows the defense to snipe you while your in mid, making it even more of a choke point where a lot of the frags happen. I think it should be closed and replaced by two small corridors one on each side, where the black area is approximately. What I think this will do is make it easier to attack this way and remove some of the frags from the midfield where you don't want them cause it's crowded enough with many of the offence meeting there. Also I hope that if the defense want's to kill people coming up the corridors they will have to move sideways and leave their good view of the other entrances.

Secondly:
I would love a slope on each side to get up to the ledge in base and of course open up a door where marked so you can get in to base. Keep the low entrance into base since the more entrances the better. Why do I want this? Well I got the feeling when attacking on the sides that you had no good entrance into the base. Sure you can go low and jump up the jumppad, but all you get is sandwiched between the defenders who then have a clear advantage on you unless your synced up with a attacker entering another entrance at the same time. Sure you might also make it harder to attack and leave on the sides with opening up for the defense to see the sides, but I think it will do more good then bad since you now can come from the sides of the defense if they ain't paying enough attention to it. This would effectively give 4 entrances into the base on each side, which seems like to many from a defense point of view, however since you can with not to much movement keep track of all of them I think your still in a good position, but slightly worse then it is now.

Thirdly:
For some reason I keep feeling that once you grab the flag and get out this is a perfect hole to jump down into and make a escape through the black marked wall. Sadly it's more of a death trap now :(. I was thinking maybe it's possible to make a slide down where you can slide on the sides and then a corridor and up on the same place in the opponent base with a mirror way. The slide would work like the entrance into Dreary was my thought.

Maybe all those are wacky crazy ideas that won't work at all, but if your up for it and think they are good ideas give it a try. I still think the current version should be on the servers so teams can try both out, in case you decide to implement any of the thoughts and ideas.

Great map in the bottom however and great and fast work so far Humak! :)
Image Image Image
ulo

Postby HuMPtY » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:52 pm

actually +1 on ulos ideas, except not sure about blockling the mid door that way ..rest seem nice .. but i like the map as is too (windows in base lowered version)
HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby KHM » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:54 am

Really like this map, good job
KHM

Postby HumaK » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:14 am

ulo, nice ideas but it's hard to know if I should change it or not as I don't know what the main opinion of the players is. Voting starts in two days and I can only submit one version. I could make a new version with these changes but don't know if there would be time to test it before I have to decide :)
HumaK

Postby ulo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:19 am

Image Image Image
ulo

Previous

Return to Mapping Competition