CTF-Powerstruggle-GU

CTF-Powerstruggle-GU

Postby TimTim » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:12 pm

I saw this map on the pubs awhile back and figured it had a lot of potential to be good, with the right edits. I've made a few small changes and put it on servers. Try it out and let me know what (if anything) should be changed to make it better for pug/league play.

I'd post some screenshots/videos right now if I had the time at the moment, but it's now on all servers so check it out for yourself!
TimTim

Re: CTF-Powerstruggle-GU

Postby TimTim » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:30 pm

Any tips from other mappers for optimizing the framerate in the middle here? My guess is too much trim everywhere and too many things visible within the line of sight. If anyone has any ideas or tricks to improve the framerate in the middle, I'm all ears!
TimTim

Re: CTF-Powerstruggle-GU

Postby windigo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:58 pm

I didn't notice any frame drops running through it.

UTs engine chokes when you have too many lights pulsing, which may or may not be what's happening. I've seen small(like slightly bigger than andaction) maps lag to shit with just a few special lit surfaces and a couple of lights that had torch flicker water shimmer or pulsing stuff.

other than keep the polys and brush count down i can't think of anything to help optimize it.
windigo

Return to Mapping Competition