wp kupo klux klan

wp kupo klux klan

Postby kud » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:58 pm

Thanks to monk, riven, cobra, blackout d3r, sponge, and krm for showing up every week despite a rough start. Thanks to dewsick and nark for subbing in last week. I wasn't 100% committed to going as hard at UT as previous seasons, but I got to play some good games (and some not-so-good games) with people that I'd not previously had the chance.
It was an interesting team to captain due to the lack of experienced anchor defense, and hugely capable bench. Perhaps with a longer season we could've improved our chemistry. I also don't feel too bad about our early losses because both nordog's and sunny's teams are proving to be very strong.

cobra: I'd not played with cobra before the draft, and I actually thought he was a british defender. Turns out he's a swedish high frag attacker with great map awareness, and was a great complement to monk. Apparently cobra prefers pubs due to the time commitment of pugs, but if he pugs do the community a favour and insure a good experience because he's a pleasure to play with.

monk: n0b with an accent as far as I'm concerned. Humble admin that does a lot to make these tournaments happen. Everybody thank monk (among the others). Rusty I'm sure, but he doesn't need frags to show his worth on a team.

sponge: "i should be a starter next season" - sponge. That's absolutely true. One of the key players that made our 6-2 dev run possible, and a key sub for our reg matches. Playing sponge in regular matches was a constant consideration even with our top lineup present, and it's entirely possible that we'd still be in the tournament if he had played.

d3r: was a captain's blessing. Always there to play, offering insightful comments, gathering players, and massively underrated as I'm sure you're all aware. He's another reason behind our nearly impeccable dev season (despite often only using 1 of our top 3 players). He stepped up in more than a couple reg matches and easily kept pace.

blackout: i forgive you. you know what i'm talking about. I shouldn't judge

riven: I wish I'd drafted proper defense to allow you to cause havoc in the enemy base. Showed up and played a match with a possible corneal tear from someone gouging his eye. I told you it would probably be fine to play UT. Disclaimer: I expected it to be the last game you ever played.

krm: is krm. I wouldn't talk him all week, and then he'd show up minutes before getting traded, and win. krm is a principled person who likes ut. good guy krm. need more players liek him

nark: guy gets more flames than some, but he brought his game face to our match on short notice. played some seriously tight butthole low d on diamond sword

dewsick: joining the ranks of babylaps the world over. doing his part to create the next generation of ut players to carry on the torch when it falls from our demented arthritic hands.

Honourary member: exixt

Feels like a crime that I can't give these players some "captain's respect" points to have displayed by their usernames so future captains know they're diamonds. *cough*

kudout
Last edited by kud on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kud
Walder Frey

Re: wp kupo klux klan

Postby PACO » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:01 pm

Nice post. Well done this season kud.
PACO
Horizontally Challenged World Traveller

Postby RickJames » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:07 am

RickJames
Kofi Annan

Postby blackout\\ » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:48 am

I'd like to thank kud for giving me an opportunity to run flags in this season. I'd also like to thank TimeWarnerCable for their impeccable internet. I also want to thank the entire team for being great on teamspeak no matter how the outcome was. Was a good run and unfortunate turnover whenever my net decided to crash at the worst time. And thank god for DiamondSword 8-)
blackout\\

Postby Imperious » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:54 am

you better be on my team next season blackout

also congrats kud on a successful season, you guys almost eeked out a win against an arguably stronger team.
Imperious

Postby kylewins » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:41 am

gg's kud and klan members
kylewins
Tournament Greeter

Postby Hinata » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:03 am

I didn't watch any matches of the season, but I hope you guys had fun. Also, nice write up for your team.

I always said that Sponge has a deadly skill inside him. xD
Rule 30: Players won't be judged equally for breaking the same rule.
Hinata

Postby sn3p » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:30 am

Well played KKK's, was a nice to play you guys. Cya around
sn3p

Postby InfamousRaider » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:45 am

InfamousRaider

Postby cobra.se » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:05 am

Just like to say Thank you Kud for giving me the chance to play for you this season.
Had a rough start but we got better...wp all teams and hope to see you next year!

ps: I'll try to do some more pugs in the future ;)!
cobra.se

Postby senad » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:23 am

WP team kud. tough match
senad

Postby dR3 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:03 pm

Thanks for the kind words kud, was nice having you as a captain. Eventhough these weren´t my best games, i enjoyed them nevertheless. 8-)
dR3

Postby kE » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:07 pm

ggs guys, hope you didn't have too many conn probs with so many mid-map player swaps.
kE

Postby KNOCKOUTDAD » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Image #ANAL - POUND IT.
KNOCKOUTDAD

Postby HuMPtY » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:20 pm

HuMPtY
Head of Agriculture

Postby Carras » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:18 pm

pfffffft slander. I've never ragequit a whole map.
Carras
Maybe Next Time...

Postby krm` » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:35 pm

Thanks for the shoutout kud :!:
krm`

Return to Global.iCTF IV