Pug Rule Improvements

irc.utchat.com #iPug

Re: Pug Rule Improvements

Postby risus` » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:23 am

I don't know where you got 'multiple' considering I never successfully entered a server with ANY cheat without being banned that one time.

Also, I don't think I missed any point of your post. You said you wouldn't beat around the bush in your formulated post but it seems that's all you did.

Despite our differences, I can clearly respect and appreciate everything you have done for this community and don't think for a second I'd feel like there would have been a more determined person to rejuvenate the UT99 community. However, your recent decline in leadership abilities makes me hope that there is someone else in line to the throne to keep this game active.
risus`

Postby PACO » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:27 am

PACO
Horizontally Challenged World Traveller

Postby risus` » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:52 am

PACO, go ahead and *face palm*...

Do you not think I am 100% aware of that thread? Thank you for proving my point. You continue to neglect anything positive in this topic to instead report a log I was 100% aware of. When are you stepping down again?

2005... good year. I was about 13-14 years old. Wait.. as a matter of fact I can't remember much of anything that involved my online gaming life from those years.
risus`

Postby InfamousRaider » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:22 am

InfamousRaider

Postby Chadwixx » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:49 pm

First gsp now paco :(

Over half the people playing have been logged at some point.

Set up some ladders while your gone paco, they regulate themselves since admins are only needed for disputes.
Chadwixx

Postby HULKSMASH » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:52 pm

I'm appalled by the attitude and rude comments towards admins in this thread.

Nevertheless, my opinion on these proposals:

1) Nomics. I can see where this comes from, as it is rather annoying when there are multiple nomics per team. It also usually means (generally speaking) that the pugs take longer to fill, they are of lower quality, people who can mic get set D and it is just less fun.
But having said that, it also doesn't seem to bother everybody so I don't think it should be 'banned'.
I would rather propose that the 3rd nomic'er can only join if the people that are already added don't mind. (I.e. The 3rd adding nomic'er asks if it would bother the added players). If the (majority of) the already joined people don't mind, he/she is able to join.
If not, the 3rd nomicer should not join (or can be removed by an admin with a pugban).

The reason why I feel like it shouldn't be a 'rule' but more of a guideline is because a) opinions are divided on nomics (not everybody minds), b) people are biased when it comes to nomics: a rain/unrealshots nomicing would receive different treatment as say a Hermione (thus meaning that it is OK for certain people to add, regardless of mic), c) it is dependant on hours -> you can't expect people to mic at say 3 am their time, when they perhaps do want to pug and have proper binds, d) it would (contrary to your belief) be difficult to admin.

2) What about adding to the bot that exactly after 10 minutes it asks: "Is there anybody missing from server?" If three (or more) different people who were in the pug highlight a name that person gets a 24 hour ban by the bot. (In case there are no admins around). This so that the rules can automatically be enforced. People who would abuse it would naturally receive a ban themselves.

3) I personally don't see any harm in adding this gametype to see how it works. I disagree on a 'join an ITDM if you don't have the time' - not everybody wishes to be spawnkilled for 20 minutes. If it's unsuccessful then it can always be deleted again.

Based on this thread and the fact that some suggestions are simply overlooked in the sea of posts, I have created a for exactly these types of possibly useful suggestions (see main forum page).
HULKSMASH

Postby dR3 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:51 am

dR3

Postby Sauron » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:37 am

Cheaters slinging mud at cheaters. Paco used the mass murder bug or whatever, and that is just as much of an annoyance / cheat as a downloaded one. Not to mention I've spoken to several of Paco's old clanmates who said Paco did quite a bit more than that just was never caught. Regardless of the hearsay, enough with the mudslinging. Stay on topic.
Sauron
Angus Gump

Postby risus` » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:08 pm

risus`

Postby Hermione » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:03 pm

NEW!Image
Hermione

Postby BLIZZARD` » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:48 am

BLIZZARD`

Postby tigerclaw1987 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:07 am

ugn took ages to fill, ipug doesn't always but sometimes you can be added in the background for an hour or four before a pug starts

being idle for 7 mins once it starts isn't a long time

imo there should be more bans for the quick filling pugs if people are late and more leniency for the slow filled pugs

getting banned for being 7 mins late, after you've waited an hour for the pug to fill just makes people not want to pug

ugn had MASSIVE problems with people being late, even with the ban happy admins - mass banning and longer bans also dwindled the pugbase down over time so the people the admins did not like were generally permabanned or forced out after a while

sometimes people have or want to play nomic, if the players are good at ctf/good teamwork then it isn't a problem

my fav moments on attack is when i grab, die in our base or on our flagstand because my partners are cherry picking, then they blame me on ts for being nomic

if you're still in their base more than 10 seconds after a nomic has grabbed, you're an idiot and should not be complaining about nomics, you should be learning CTF.
tigerclaw1987

Previous

Return to #iPug